Severe Brake Issues - This is a dangerous vehicle
By sanclementedad on
2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Edition back in Aug of 2011. At around 20k miles we noticed that the vehicle would shudder and the steering wheel would shake when applying the brakes. It seemed to be worse when going down hill. Initially we thought it was the anti-lock brake system, but it became much worse over time. Took it into the dealer and they said all 4 rotors were warped and need to be replaced at $800+. When I asked if they would cover under warranty they denied me. Took the vehicle to another shop and they noticed the chrome on the rims was burnt off from excessive heat. Also said the calipers are locking up. Chrysler refuses to replace the rotors.
Favorite Features
NA
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler needs to issue a recall on this vehicle as it is NOT SAFE. Several of my neighbors have this vehicle and have very similar problems with the brakes. I have also done lots of research online and this is a very common problem. I bought this car for my family and now it is sitting in my driveway and I have a rental car because I don't feel safe with them in this van.