nicest chrysler minivan in years
By nebbs on
2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
5th chrysler family van lease since 99. Had the dodge, chrysler and at the time plymoth. The 2011 on the inside is by far the nicest one yet. Last generation 08-10 was the worst I've had. Cheap look/feel to the interior and worst drivabilities. Too much roll in turns but this new one beats them all since 99. look and feel of the interior definately the highest quality and nicest design yet. IMO you can even argue it's nicer than the Sienna or Odessy I looked into. Only drove about 300 mi's but seems so far to be much improved over last generation in terms of road handling but it remains to be seen how this new powertrane and redesigned suspensions stand the tests of time
Favorite Features
very well lit door/ground light when entering at night. Intergrated roof rails. 2nd and 3rd row window shades are nice feature. Dashboard controls are easy to recognize and conveient locations. The whole look of the interior overall is most favorite feature.
Suggested Improvements
driver info center computer controls are on steering weel and it should offer a lock sequnence because you can unwillingly hit the buttons while making left, right or U turns causes a small inconvenience. I'd like to see body contoured, intergrated color molded splash guards designed onto the wheel wells. Same radio/computer media/entertainment system as last generation should have been upgrated. Lastly, not for just Chrysler but with any company I think navagation (nowadays) should be standard. Especially when its probably just a matter of programming the existing media system already in the van. To me thats a farse.
By jimanc
on 04/22/11 13:48 PM (PDT)

By nebbs
on 04/11/11 22:41 PM (PDT)

now that I've had even more time n miles via a couple mediocore trips I'd like to comment further. As for negatives - I find the tranny does at times seem as thoght it doesnt know where to settle in. Like as if searching for the propper gear. It's not real bothersome but just could be a bit better in that area. One thing I am not crazy about is the economizer mode. It's good to have and I do use it due to the price of gas nowadays but you just need to remind yourself while usung it that your not going to get the power you want when you think you need it. This is not a negative in terms of the new van and IMO should be expected. I mean after all it is "economizer mode". I just stress to you that it is something you must remember in certain driving situations so that you dont end up in a bad one. Especially if you drive a bit on the agressive side. Simply put you just cant be while in economizer mode. There are times I turn it off because it can get bothersome. But thats just me. As for the pros- Over all Still impressed with the much improved ride vs the last generation. And also the interior makeover leaves you feeling your in a much higher quality vehicle. Although very minor changes made to the exterior vs last generation they do somehow give the van a more improved apearance than one would think. I am still very pleased with the vehicle and still feel the best one (after 4 other chrysler minivans) I've leased. Plus as with recent past chryslers just sooo much room and you just cannot beat the only van with all seat stoaway. Something I use.

By jimanc
on 04/22/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

My post is all truncated so I am resending it. The Garmin GPS does not have TRAVEL and it does not support Serius travel services. Also, my new 2011 T&C is supposed to have Serius "Travel Link" but it does not work. The dealer tech said Chrysler knows about this and is working on the bug. The Hard drive Maintenance function of the media center did not work and they had to install a new radio. No one at the dealer seemed to know that TRAVEL was not supported and they didn't know what "travel link" is. I averaged 29 mpg round trip from Philadelphia to Raleigh. Report it