Used 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

LOVE OUR MINIVAN!
By nickel7

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With 3 kids now we needed something with more room. We exhausted every other option, from large cars to Suburbans and everything in between. Trying desperately to avoid becoming a "minivan family," yet find a semi-economic solution, we even tried the smaller SUVs with the tini-wini, worthless 3rd row seats. After all that waisted time and effort, we finally brought ourselves to just "look" at some minivans. Opening the doors for the first time on our Town & Country Limited was as if the clouds in the sky separated and Heavenly, magical rays of light shown through. We were in love instantly and have never looked back. Rides like a luxury car and hauls everything we need in total comfort.

Our favorite feature is the heated steering wheel! Love that when you start it with the remote, it automatically turns on the heated steering wheel and the heated seats. Also, love the built-in hard drive, built-in window shades, automatic wipers, blind spot indicators, the ability to watch two different DVDs at the same time with headphones and mom & dad can still listen to the radio. MPG is great, consistantly can get 27-30 on the highway and 18-20 in town. We averaged 14-16 combinded with our awd Acadia, which is now gone.

Wish the driver's memory buttons also did the side-view mirrors, like all the other vehicles we've had. Nav could use some refinements, but it's the best factory on we've had. The only thing that annoys me about this vehicle is the wheels. Yes, they are chrome, but every other top-trim-level vehicle has at least 19 or 20 inch wheels not 17 inch. Once the current tires are worn, these wheels are gone (if I can even wait that long).

Severe Brake Issues - This is a dangerous vehicle
By sanclementedad

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Edition back in Aug of 2011. At around 20k miles we noticed that the vehicle would shudder and the steering wheel would shake when applying the brakes. It seemed to be worse when going down hill. Initially we thought it was the anti-lock brake system, but it became much worse over time. Took it into the dealer and they said all 4 rotors were warped and need to be replaced at $800+. When I asked if they would cover under warranty they denied me. Took the vehicle to another shop and they noticed the chrome on the rims was burnt off from excessive heat. Also said the calipers are locking up. Chrysler refuses to replace the rotors.

NA

Chrysler needs to issue a recall on this vehicle as it is NOT SAFE. Several of my neighbors have this vehicle and have very similar problems with the brakes. I have also done lots of research online and this is a very common problem. I bought this car for my family and now it is sitting in my driveway and I have a rental car because I don't feel safe with them in this van.

Very nice minivan
By jimboy2

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Town and Country Touring new (the base model among the three models)in August 2011.Currently it has 40,000 kms (25,000 miles)mileage.So far so good.Everything works well despite the unpredictable climate here in Ontario,Canada.The only time i bring it to the dealer is for the scheduled oil change at 8000 kms(5000 miles).I bought it for CAD$ 30000 but loaded with lots of luxurious features.To name a few :power left and right sliding doors,power rear door (liftgate),power windows including the quarter windows,satellite radio,remote engine starter,push button engine starter,intelligent key(i don't need to bring out my key or fob from my wallet to open or close the doors,the doors will just unlock automatically as you touch the door handle and a push button near the door handle to lock the doors but of course it is also equipped with a keyless feature when you are meters ways from the van,a rear camera,tow n go feature ,dual air control,a 110v outlet.One more thing i like this van is the 283 hp powerful V6 engine,more power than the Odessey,Sienna and other minivans in the market.

For a touring model only(base model) : satellite radio power Everything including the liftgate tow and go intelligent keyless feature rear camera

rear design

Be Prepared
By bussymom

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the van January 1, 2011. Our second son was born February 25, 2011. The first issue happened one night as we were driving home March 5, 2011. Our van has been at the dealership since February 19, 2013. A week now with no return date. Today we are being provided a rental today for 5 days and will get an extension as need until our van is returned. This is the worst vehicle we have ever owned. We own a Toyota with 250,000 miles which is still going strong.

The automatic doors and the room in the vehicle.

A vehicle that actually functions and that you could be confident when driving.

It Died
By penny275

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Town and Country brand new loaded with all options less than 6 months ago. After 3000 miles it 3 electircal problems that was eventually fixed when the dealer discovered a broken wire from the factory. After 10,000 miles the motor has blown. We are currently seeking a new van or compensation from Chrysler. Van has been in the shop for 33 days. Cheaper van imports with more items but do your research before you purchase this van. Dodge created the minivan see tons of them still on the road, just not ours!!!!

Very comfortable and usable interior space. Good ride quality.

Motor that works.