Used 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Severe Brake Issues - This is a dangerous vehicle
By sanclementedad

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Edition back in Aug of 2011. At around 20k miles we noticed that the vehicle would shudder and the steering wheel would shake when applying the brakes. It seemed to be worse when going down hill. Initially we thought it was the anti-lock brake system, but it became much worse over time. Took it into the dealer and they said all 4 rotors were warped and need to be replaced at $800+. When I asked if they would cover under warranty they denied me. Took the vehicle to another shop and they noticed the chrome on the rims was burnt off from excessive heat. Also said the calipers are locking up. Chrysler refuses to replace the rotors.

NA

Chrysler needs to issue a recall on this vehicle as it is NOT SAFE. Several of my neighbors have this vehicle and have very similar problems with the brakes. I have also done lots of research online and this is a very common problem. I bought this car for my family and now it is sitting in my driveway and I have a rental car because I don't feel safe with them in this van.

Very nice minivan
By jimboy2

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Town and Country Touring new (the base model among the three models)in August 2011.Currently it has 40,000 kms (25,000 miles)mileage.So far so good.Everything works well despite the unpredictable climate here in Ontario,Canada.The only time i bring it to the dealer is for the scheduled oil change at 8000 kms(5000 miles).I bought it for CAD$ 30000 but loaded with lots of luxurious features.To name a few :power left and right sliding doors,power rear door (liftgate),power windows including the quarter windows,satellite radio,remote engine starter,push button engine starter,intelligent key(i don't need to bring out my key or fob from my wallet to open or close the doors,the doors will just unlock automatically as you touch the door handle and a push button near the door handle to lock the doors but of course it is also equipped with a keyless feature when you are meters ways from the van,a rear camera,tow n go feature ,dual air control,a 110v outlet.One more thing i like this van is the 283 hp powerful V6 engine,more power than the Odessey,Sienna and other minivans in the market.

For a touring model only(base model) : satellite radio power Everything including the liftgate tow and go intelligent keyless feature rear camera

rear design

Be Prepared
By bussymom

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the van January 1, 2011. Our second son was born February 25, 2011. The first issue happened one night as we were driving home March 5, 2011. Our van has been at the dealership since February 19, 2013. A week now with no return date. Today we are being provided a rental today for 5 days and will get an extension as need until our van is returned. This is the worst vehicle we have ever owned. We own a Toyota with 250,000 miles which is still going strong.

The automatic doors and the room in the vehicle.

A vehicle that actually functions and that you could be confident when driving.

It Died
By penny275

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Town and Country brand new loaded with all options less than 6 months ago. After 3000 miles it 3 electircal problems that was eventually fixed when the dealer discovered a broken wire from the factory. After 10,000 miles the motor has blown. We are currently seeking a new van or compensation from Chrysler. Van has been in the shop for 33 days. Cheaper van imports with more items but do your research before you purchase this van. Dodge created the minivan see tons of them still on the road, just not ours!!!!

Very comfortable and usable interior space. Good ride quality.

Motor that works.

Not So Happy!!!
By 2good4u

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Town and Country new. I have had it for 3 months and the Heating and Air Conditioning Motor is blown. It's winter time, thank goodness its not too cold. This van makes a lot of noises. I can't exactly pinpoint the exact location of the noises, due the noises in different areas on a daily basis. Loud road noises on freeways. Poor gas mileage. Worried about taking it on ong trips due to all the noises it makes. Not sure what else is going to break on it. Wish it had cup holders on the middle doors. Could be priced lower due to all of the noisiness we have to put up with.

I love the interior. The seats are very comfortable. The light down the middle of the van at night is a nice feature. Folding seats is a plus. Having 2 glove boxes is great as well. Ok trunk space.

Fix all the noises that happen under the hood. Build with better noise control. Build better AC/Heating Motors. Build cup holders in middle doors. Build with better gas mileage.