Used 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Never again!
By dherrald

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Not happy! This was our First new vehicle. I had owned a Dodge Grand Caravan and absolutely loved it, so I thought I would buy a Town and Country. Everything I loved about my old van they removed. [non-permissible content removed]. We have had our vehicle in to a different dealer many times. It feels like when we get it back, something else has been broken or it wasn't fixed right the first time. Many electrical issues!

Favorite Features

Probably the navigation system, when working.

Suggested Improvements

Too many to list. If they are really interested, they may contact me and I will tell them everything.

2011 Town and Country reliability
By jimboy2

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Now i'm fully convinced that this van is the most reliable vehicle i have ever kept in possession...and this was my 4th.With 89,000 km (almost 56,000 miles)under its hood driven for more that 3 years now in wild Canadian weather condition,this town and country is very reliable without giving me any headache at all.The only parts that was fixed was the brake mechanism that cost me around $500,not bad for more than 3 years use.My previous Honda Accord gave me headache almost every year due to brake problem,My Toyota Sienna has power problem and my first van a Pontiac Montana has a/c problem that cost me $1000 to fix and change the corroded system,that after only 6 years of using it.

Favorite Features

-Remote starter -intelligent key (key always in the pocket only) -powerful 283 hp engine -power liftgate and side doors -power quarter windows -serious xm radio -compatible 110 volts outlet

Suggested Improvements

-exterior design -4x4 option

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned!
By jamsant3

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this van new and it's spent more of its life in the shop than on the road. Numerous malfunctions and numerous recalls, all of which required down time and inconvenience. I'll never buy another Chrysler product!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Manufacture a dependable vehicle before foisting it on an unsuspecting consumer.

LOVE OUR MINIVAN!
By nickel7

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With 3 kids now we needed something with more room. We exhausted every other option, from large cars to Suburbans and everything in between. Trying desperately to avoid becoming a "minivan family," yet find a semi-economic solution, we even tried the smaller SUVs with the tini-wini, worthless 3rd row seats. After all that waisted time and effort, we finally brought ourselves to just "look" at some minivans. Opening the doors for the first time on our Town & Country Limited was as if the clouds in the sky separated and Heavenly, magical rays of light shown through. We were in love instantly and have never looked back. Rides like a luxury car and hauls everything we need in total comfort.

Favorite Features

Our favorite feature is the heated steering wheel! Love that when you start it with the remote, it automatically turns on the heated steering wheel and the heated seats. Also, love the built-in hard drive, built-in window shades, automatic wipers, blind spot indicators, the ability to watch two different DVDs at the same time with headphones and mom & dad can still listen to the radio. MPG is great, consistantly can get 27-30 on the highway and 18-20 in town. We averaged 14-16 combinded with our awd Acadia, which is now gone.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the driver's memory buttons also did the side-view mirrors, like all the other vehicles we've had. Nav could use some refinements, but it's the best factory on we've had. The only thing that annoys me about this vehicle is the wheels. Yes, they are chrome, but every other top-trim-level vehicle has at least 19 or 20 inch wheels not 17 inch. Once the current tires are worn, these wheels are gone (if I can even wait that long).

Severe Brake Issues - This is a dangerous vehicle
By sanclementedad

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Edition back in Aug of 2011. At around 20k miles we noticed that the vehicle would shudder and the steering wheel would shake when applying the brakes. It seemed to be worse when going down hill. Initially we thought it was the anti-lock brake system, but it became much worse over time. Took it into the dealer and they said all 4 rotors were warped and need to be replaced at $800+. When I asked if they would cover under warranty they denied me. Took the vehicle to another shop and they noticed the chrome on the rims was burnt off from excessive heat. Also said the calipers are locking up. Chrysler refuses to replace the rotors.

Favorite Features

NA

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler needs to issue a recall on this vehicle as it is NOT SAFE. Several of my neighbors have this vehicle and have very similar problems with the brakes. I have also done lots of research online and this is a very common problem. I bought this car for my family and now it is sitting in my driveway and I have a rental car because I don't feel safe with them in this van.