2011 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned!
By jamsant3 on 08/05/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this van new and it's spent more of its life in the shop than on the road. Numerous malfunctions and numerous recalls, all of which required down time and inconvenience. I'll never buy another Chrysler product!!!!!

LOVE OUR MINIVAN!
By nickel7 on 12/02/13 12:28 PM (PST)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With 3 kids now we needed something with more room. We exhausted every other option, from large cars to Suburbans and everything in between. Trying desperately to avoid becoming a "minivan family," yet find a semi-economic solution, we even tried the smaller SUVs with the tini-wini, worthless 3rd row seats. After all that waisted time and effort, we finally brought ourselves to just "look" at some minivans. Opening the doors for the first time on our Town & Country Limited was as if the clouds in the sky separated and Heavenly, magical rays of light shown through. We were in love instantly and have never looked back. Rides like a luxury car and hauls everything we need in total comfort.

Severe Brake Issues - This is a dangerous vehicle
By sanclementedad on 10/11/13 10:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Edition back in Aug of 2011. At around 20k miles we noticed that the vehicle would shudder and the steering wheel would shake when applying the brakes. It seemed to be worse when going down hill. Initially we thought it was the anti-lock brake system, but it became much worse over time. Took it into the dealer and they said all 4 rotors were warped and need to be replaced at $800+. When I asked if they would cover under warranty they denied me. Took the vehicle to another shop and they noticed the chrome on the rims was burnt off from excessive heat. Also said the calipers are locking up. Chrysler refuses to replace the rotors.

Very nice minivan
By jimboy2 on 03/08/13 17:54 PM (PST)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Town and Country Touring new (the base model among the three models)in August 2011.Currently it has 40,000 kms (25,000 miles)mileage.So far so good.Everything works well despite the unpredictable climate here in Ontario,Canada.The only time i bring it to the dealer is for the scheduled oil change at 8000 kms(5000 miles).I bought it for CAD$ 30000 but loaded with lots of luxurious features.To name a few :power left and right sliding doors,power rear door (liftgate),power windows including the quarter windows,satellite radio,remote engine starter,push button engine starter,intelligent key(i don't need to bring out my key or fob from my wallet to open or close the doors,the doors will just unlock automatically as you touch the door handle and a push button near the door handle to lock the doors but of course it is also equipped with a keyless feature when you are meters ways from the van,a rear camera,tow n go feature ,dual air control,a 110v outlet.One more thing i like this van is the 283 hp powerful V6 engine,more power than the Odessey,Sienna and other minivans in the market.

Be Prepared
By bussymom on 02/27/13 11:21 AM (PST)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the van January 1, 2011. Our second son was born February 25, 2011. The first issue happened one night as we were driving home March 5, 2011. Our van has been at the dealership since February 19, 2013. A week now with no return date. Today we are being provided a rental today for 5 days and will get an extension as need until our van is returned. This is the worst vehicle we have ever owned. We own a Toyota with 250,000 miles which is still going strong.

It Died
By penny275 on 05/11/12 11:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Town and Country brand new loaded with all options less than 6 months ago. After 3000 miles it 3 electircal problems that was eventually fixed when the dealer discovered a broken wire from the factory. After 10,000 miles the motor has blown. We are currently seeking a new van or compensation from Chrysler. Van has been in the shop for 33 days. Cheaper van imports with more items but do your research before you purchase this van. Dodge created the minivan see tons of them still on the road, just not ours!!!!

Not So Happy!!!
By 2good4u on 01/25/12 09:52 AM (PST)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Town and Country new. I have had it for 3 months and the Heating and Air Conditioning Motor is blown. It's winter time, thank goodness its not too cold. This van makes a lot of noises. I can't exactly pinpoint the exact location of the noises, due the noises in different areas on a daily basis. Loud road noises on freeways. Poor gas mileage. Worried about taking it on ong trips due to all the noises it makes. Not sure what else is going to break on it. Wish it had cup holders on the middle doors. Could be priced lower due to all of the noisiness we have to put up with.

First 150 Miles
By gd44fla91411 on 09/14/11 06:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Took possession of the Van on Friday......Saturday it went into limp mode and overheated a little (250°). Made it home and called the dealer to warn them it was coming back tomorrow. Service told me it was the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). I requested that the Oil & Filter be changed. They providede me a loaner at no chare. They performed all tasks as needed there was no problem with the Dealer or Service, All seems well will up date @ 1000 miles.

First MiniVan
By rubyblue on 08/23/11 12:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We took our T&C Touring on a road trip from Philadelphia suburbs to Myrtle Beach and we couldn't be more pleased. We averaged 27mpg at 70-75 mph on cruise, in economy mode. Advised by dealer to take out of economy mode when accelerating/merging onto highway. It helped. Very comfortable, plenty of room. We bought Touring 'base' model. Wished we had gone for some of the 'bells and whistles' - DVD, etc... My last few vehicles have been SUVs...this is so much more comfortable.

2011 T&C
By LRchris on 07/08/11 09:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We just got our 2011 T&C Touring last week. What a huge improvement from last year. The new engine is peppy, the interior is gorgeous. The updated suspension and handling is awesome for a minivan- not floaty like the rest. Drives like a sedan. All back seats fold into floor and the third row can flip back for tailgate seating. The competition can't match features for price. I'm proud to be a minivan & Chrysler owner.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country in VA is:

$120 per month*