Our first Family Car (Disaster) I will never buy again
By ra01 on
2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
We bought this Car summer of 2010. After a year the real headache came in. From (1)Transmision Jerking very hard, (2) Noisy sliding doors, (3)Vibration problems, (4)front rotors and brakes replaced at 18k miles and I have to pay 100 USD and the (5) worse thing is electrical systems went off in the middle of the road when while your drivin. Sad to say the dealership made me look stupid after I reported the problems. Leaving my car without a loaner at their fascility for them to check, the moment they called me that my car is ready, All I can see is "CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM" they replace some parts in transmission and ignition after I fought chrysler but after that problem still exist.
Favorite Features
Entertainment system
Suggested Improvements
A real customer service. We felt like actions taken doesnt work. In other words service department seems like doesnt know what their doin and is not listening to us and keep on relying on their OBD scanner. Just imagine drivin in the middle of the freeway at nightime with your baby boy and wife and suddenly all electrical systems went off. Service dept washing their hands and not digging enough to this problem by saying "CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM). Very poor service.. This dept needs the most improvement and training.
By grumpyman
on 04/06/13 19:57 PM (PDT)

We loved this car till a few months ago. The car engine just stopped while driving it. I was at an intersection and managed to get the car to roll to the side of the road. I started it again and was able to drive home. A few days later it did it twice just after we left home, my husband was driving this time. National Dodge/Chrysler took it in and it cost us $588 to fix. Something with the key FOB. (A key ring was replaced on recall a year ago) Got the car home and a few days later it did it again. they took it back and could find nothing wrong. We drove it to Florida, stayed two weeks, came home and next day it happened again. Dealership took it in and this time kept the car to drive it with a computer on it. They talked with Chrysler and I got a case #. Dealership had said we had 12,000 miles or 1 year warranty on the fix, yet the other day they said they can only do things up to the $50,000 warranty. We have $70,000 on the car. (What about the 12,000 mile warranty on the repair). Service representative told me if we tried to trade it in on something the VIN number would show it had this problem that they didn't fix and I couldn't sell it. So driving it locally only, can't afford another car, thinking about putting lemons on it and parking in front of the dealership. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

By grumpyman
on 04/06/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

I want to correct the previous review to read: they can only repair things for free up to the 50,000 mile warranty. We have 70,000 on the car. ((I feel since the key FOB was what they fixed for $588, and that area had a part on recall that was replaced, this is in the same area of the recall and could be related)). Now we have a car whose trade in value would be $10,000 - $13,000 and all we can do is drive it locally cause it's too unsafe to drive it on a fast highway should the engine just die again. And the dealership service manager told us the VIN number would show that it hasn't been fixed.