2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Good Car but Chrysler should be ashamed of a few things
By owner18 on 08/06/14 21:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Good car. Gas mileage is not as good as advertised but the van is a heavy/big van. Two things that are a joke that they are an issue. First, the Y connection from the heater core is made out of plastic. This apparently goes bad about 4 years/80k mile range. It will crack and leak where the molded plastic comes together. I fixed with a metal plumbing T connection, some connectors, and new heater hose for about $8. This should be a recalled defect. Also, there is a rattle that sounds like it's coming from the doors. It's not. It's coming from the brake lines. I added 5/8" rubber hose to help cushion the two lines from squeaking. I replace these bad engineer designs for about $10.

Family owned van
By schooby on 03/25/13 12:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Van new in 2010 with the 4.0 V-6. The van has been very reliable. We achieve 26 MPG highway doing 70MPH on flat level road. In the rolling hills and mountains of Tennessee and Montana we made 22 MPG hwy. City driving averages 16-18MPG in Charleston SC. The van comfortably tows my boat weighting 3,500lbs. Climate control & DVD system work great. I recommend either full synthetic or synthetic blend oil changed at 4-5k intervals. Transmission shifts smooth and feels solid. The front wheel drive operates well in deep snow and slushy ice. This van has been driven to Arizona, Washington, Montana, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida without any problems. Money well spent.

Our first Family Car (Disaster) I will never buy again
By ra01 on 09/04/12 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Car summer of 2010. After a year the real headache came in. From (1)Transmision Jerking very hard, (2) Noisy sliding doors, (3)Vibration problems, (4)front rotors and brakes replaced at 18k miles and I have to pay 100 USD and the (5) worse thing is electrical systems went off in the middle of the road when while your drivin. Sad to say the dealership made me look stupid after I reported the problems. Leaving my car without a loaner at their fascility for them to check, the moment they called me that my car is ready, All I can see is "CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM" they replace some parts in transmission and ignition after I fought chrysler but after that problem still exist.

noisey
By redrooster1 on 12/08/11 08:45 AM (PST)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great minivan except we have had lots of problems with squeaking & rattling in the elect. side doors. 4 months after we bought it in May of 2010 it has been in the Chrysler shop about 6-8 times for the doors. It is VERY annoying. Chrysler rep. is now involved. We will see what the outcome is. Other wise we love the van.

3 Major Defects...
By aneoh on 09/26/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Owe this car new, now 28k miles on it. 1. The sliding door could remain open and I can lock it with my remote. Seems kinda dumb to be able to lock the locks with either of the sliding door open. Seems like an oversight in design. 2. All 4 rotors worned out and warped. Chrysler is willing to pay part of replacement cost. Seriously, this is a manufacturer material issue. So far 3 other people I know have similar problem with 2009 and 2010. 3. Transmission shifts very hard between 1 to 3 and downwards too. Other similar year van does not have as pronounced shift as my van, but dealer claims it is normal and expected. Since computer shows no code, hence no issue. Will update when know more.

Dont Buy It!
By tbruner on 06/21/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Recently bought a used T&C with low miles. I have only had it for 6 months and already had issues with it stalling, also issues with breaking system. Spoke with manager from Chrysler and they will not back their product. Needless to say,I will never buy another Chrysler vehicle again. I hope that this helps anybody else to make a decision on what to buy. I told the rep from Chrysler that I would be sure to advertise for them. But I should also add, shame on GM for no longer making a mini van for those with young children. Oh, one more thing I forgot, 16mpg is what I have been getting.

Always wanted one
By dawnco on 05/23/11 11:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I always admired the T&C whenever I rode in them and knew that whenever the need arose I would get one. From carting around fishing poles to wheelchair and long trips on the road (with an airbed in back)- it was the perfect solution for us. This van came with a Sirius sat. and the remaining warranty from the dealer. We don't use the 2/3rd row seats that often and don't have room to store seats, so this worked perfect for our situation. Van came with 23k miles and got it for 19.9k

So Far, So Good
By scottyp1 on 02/12/11 22:19 PM (PST)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring Plus 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Reliability was definitely a concern when purchasing this vehicle, after reading bad review after bad review...but after test driving the T&C, we were pretty much sold. The vehicle is comfortable and has served our family well. My only complaint is that the road noise is a bit loud...but this is more of a minor annoyance than anything. Our 2010 T&C Touring has about 12k miles on it now and so far, we have not had any issues. We've been very happy with our purchase so far.

Excellent Value
By dseawell on 12/25/10 11:39 AM (PST)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned both Honda and Toyota vans in the last 4 years I believe that the Chrysler T&C is on par with both of them. Feature for feature the T&C surpasses both of them at a price that is thousands less. The ride and interior environment is very comfortable not sporty but this is a van. If the 2010 version of the T&C fixes many of the earlier years problems then this van will be in the family for a long time.

Follow-up review at 9,000 miles
By Chrycominivanfan on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just a follow-up to my review of April 2010. After 9,000 miles, including a 3,500 mile trip in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and various national parks in Utah, we have been absolutely thrilled with our T&C Limited. Three tanks on trip yielded over 28 mpg; overall was over 25 mpg. Very comfortable and quiet. BTW, per a previous review, original owners can get a free set of user manuals with a single phone call to Chrysler.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan in VA is:

$114 per month*