Used 2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

disappointed
By Nataliya Zinchuk

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

bought our car brand new 3 1/2 years. brought it to dealer after a 2 years because of a funny noise and jerky motion that it makes when you shift from parking to rear to front or neutral they just did some computer updates on it said it is ok, the problem seem to diapear for a little, then again in a year it started to do the same brought it in this time and they told us that front motor mount needs to be replaced and there is a charge for that warranty doesn't cover it. Car also has very fast brake pads wear.

Love my van, but too many issues below 40K
By migal

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Leased a 2008 and purchased a 2010. On my 2010 at around 21,000 miles had to replace the front bearing hubs (also on 2008) and rear brakes. Two tires HAD to be replace (2/32) and other 2 had some left (7/32). Rotated every other oil change. Never thought about needing tires and thought funny never mentioned during their multi point inspection at oil changes. Bearing hubs were covered under warranty, complained about needing rear brakes and was charged just a $50 fee, and Chrysler and Yokohama made me whole on the 2 tires after some pressing of the issue. Now at 39,000 new front and rear brakes and rotors. A/C out as of 2 days ago and need to take in. City gas mileage not even close.

The van is very roomy and comfortable. I have the heated front and middle seats, which everyone loves. Lots of storage for when we go camping and road trips. Also, the interior lighting is great.

I'm sure there are better features on the newer vans, but would like for the heated seats and defroster to come on automatically in the winter when remote started. Also, would be nice for passenger to be able to use Nav system while in motion or voice command.

Good Car but Chrysler should be ashamed of a few things
By owner18

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Good car. Gas mileage is not as good as advertised but the van is a heavy/big van. Two things that are a joke that they are an issue. First, the Y connection from the heater core is made out of plastic. This apparently goes bad about 4 years/80k mile range. It will crack and leak where the molded plastic comes together. I fixed with a metal plumbing T connection, some connectors, and new heater hose for about $8. This should be a recalled defect. Also, there is a rattle that sounds like it's coming from the doors. It's not. It's coming from the brake lines. I added 5/8" rubber hose to help cushion the two lines from squeaking. I replace these bad engineer designs for about $10.

Great features for a family.

Get rid of the plastic Y connectors that connect the heater core. You can fix for $8. Dealer wants $260...not sure what they're doing as it is a 10 minute fix. Also, add some insulation to keep the brake lines from squeaking together. I used 5/8" rubber hose to separate (not wrap) the lines. Amazingly, the noise disappeared.

Our first Family Car (Disaster) I will never buy again
By ra01

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Car summer of 2010. After a year the real headache came in. From (1)Transmision Jerking very hard, (2) Noisy sliding doors, (3)Vibration problems, (4)front rotors and brakes replaced at 18k miles and I have to pay 100 USD and the (5) worse thing is electrical systems went off in the middle of the road when while your drivin. Sad to say the dealership made me look stupid after I reported the problems. Leaving my car without a loaner at their fascility for them to check, the moment they called me that my car is ready, All I can see is "CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM" they replace some parts in transmission and ignition after I fought chrysler but after that problem still exist.

Entertainment system

A real customer service. We felt like actions taken doesnt work. In other words service department seems like doesnt know what their doin and is not listening to us and keep on relying on their OBD scanner. Just imagine drivin in the middle of the freeway at nightime with your baby boy and wife and suddenly all electrical systems went off. Service dept washing their hands and not digging enough to this problem by saying "CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM). Very poor service.. This dept needs the most improvement and training.

3 Major Defects...
By aneoh

2010 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Owe this car new, now 28k miles on it. 1. The sliding door could remain open and I can lock it with my remote. Seems kinda dumb to be able to lock the locks with either of the sliding door open. Seems like an oversight in design. 2. All 4 rotors worned out and warped. Chrysler is willing to pay part of replacement cost. Seriously, this is a manufacturer material issue. So far 3 other people I know have similar problem with 2009 and 2010. 3. Transmission shifts very hard between 1 to 3 and downwards too. Other similar year van does not have as pronounced shift as my van, but dealer claims it is normal and expected. Since computer shows no code, hence no issue. Will update when know more.

Please of good features but 3rd row seat is thin and uncomfortable for adults. Kinds love the features. Everything else is fine but the built quality and engineering defects as stated need to be fixed.

Make better seating for 3rd row. Fixed door lock issue with open doors.