2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Review: Transmission

2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Review

Touring Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Transmission
By weeniedog on

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mt 2009 T&C used with 47,000 miles. I did a test drive and of course it drove wonderfully. The dealership was really anxious to get me into the vehicle. I too experience transmission issues. slow sluggish hesitant when cold. acts like it is low on trans fluid. Crysler dealer checked & said they put some part on it and its fixed. $110.00 2 weeks after I bought it... It still tries to shift to fast. If you drive like a grandmaw it acts ok. But if you drive it normal with some good acceleration it kinda worries me. I too love this van I just wish I could get a straight answer/truthful answer about the trans.. They say I have a loaded warranty. Wierd, It didn't pay for the 110.00 part..

I love every feature it comes with. The windows on the sliding doors roll down. I can use my keyless entry for every door and even the hatch with the touch of a button. The air is Cold and Heat is Hot. THe grandkids love it. Lots of room. Great for trips.

Transmission.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By commuterr
on 10/30/13 18:16 PM (PDT)

This is not a problem but this is how they messed up the transmission. I own 09 T&C, bought brand new. It shifts at high RPM. Took back to dealer and they re programmed the transmission software, but no change. I found out, this is how this van is born, bear with and get used to it. Nobody can fix it. Don't waste money.