2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Review: Transmission

2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Review

Touring Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 6-speed Automatic)

By weeniedog on

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mt 2009 T&C used with 47,000 miles. I did a test drive and of course it drove wonderfully. The dealership was really anxious to get me into the vehicle. I too experience transmission issues. slow sluggish hesitant when cold. acts like it is low on trans fluid. Crysler dealer checked & said they put some part on it and its fixed. $110.00 2 weeks after I bought it... It still tries to shift to fast. If you drive like a grandmaw it acts ok. But if you drive it normal with some good acceleration it kinda worries me. I too love this van I just wish I could get a straight answer/truthful answer about the trans.. They say I have a loaded warranty. Wierd, It didn't pay for the 110.00 part..

I love every feature it comes with. The windows on the sliding doors roll down. I can use my keyless entry for every door and even the hatch with the touch of a button. The air is Cold and Heat is Hot. THe grandkids love it. Lots of room. Great for trips.

By commuterr
on 10/30/13 18:16 PM (PDT)

This is not a problem but this is how they messed up the transmission. I own 09 T&C, bought brand new. It shifts at high RPM. Took back to dealer and they re programmed the transmission software, but no change. I found out, this is how this van is born, bear with and get used to it. Nobody can fix it. Don't waste money.