Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Most Helpful|
Good Job Chrysler!!!!!!!!
By Happy Dad

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this after my TYoyota sienna lease was up and happy I did. So far it has performed well and me and my wife love the dual DVD screens for the rear seats!!!!(we actually can have a conversation). Also love the Sat. radio and the power gate and doors.

Favorite Features

Stow and Go, Power liftgate and doors, Satellite radio, My Gig Player.

Suggested Improvements

Reprogram the transmission ratios,improve paint quality(clearcoat).

By JJR

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was recently in a 50 mph head-on collision with my 09 T&C. My 8 yr old son and I walked away without a scratch. The other car (G6 or Grand- Am) came across into our lane. It impacted just outside of the driver frame rail pushing the tire and axle up under the floor pan. Front end was destroyed, driver door slightly deformed but driven back into slider door. Driver A-Piller kinked. Passenger fender moved away from vehicle. Air bags deployed. Driver door encroached in just a bit. Other than that, the entire cockpit stayed in tact (to the naked eye). My son was in the seat behind my and nothing got even close to him. Fit and finish be damned, they put the money in the right place!!!

Bad Brakes
By SJ

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I've been a big fan of the T&C, but the brake quality on this vehicle is horrible. Had to have the front brakes and rotors replaced twice already, once off the lot and again at 18k. Now the back brakes and rotors need replaced at 20k. Chrysler is helping with the front brakes, but so far not for the back. Love the van, but can't afford to replace the brakes every year..especially when the dealer quotes over $500.

Favorite Features

Stow and go, dvd, overall storage

Suggested Improvements

Brakes

Don't buy the Town and Country
By

2009 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2009 Town and Country LX with extended warranty and a few months after we got it, the transmission didn't want to downshift. It cleared up a few days later. Recently we went across country with our van and the transmission acted up! Took it to Chrysler and they gave us a brand new 2012 version for a rental. Bad mistake. Had problems with that too. Engine light came on and the red lighting bolt light too while driving on the highway. It went away a week later. Stayed on for a few days and it went away again! After picking up our van from Chrysler, the transmission went out while we were on the highway! Dealer told me they changed the soloenid pack, so what now?

Favorite Features

Satellite radio. Being able to fold all the seats down to the floor level. Ample space.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler needs to take pride in their vehicles and assemble them right. More attention to detail. Even with the 2012 Town and Country we rented, it should not have any problems like the engine light turning on; it is practically still new. What good is it when the interior looks cool, but the performance is horrible? Chrysler needs to put more money in the performance of the Town and Country before making the interior and exterior look pretty.

wouldn't buy another Chrysler again
By fobc

2009 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

62,000 miles front wheel bearning had to be replaced engine very sluggish terrible gas milage brakes have been a hugh headache from the start my next vehile will prob me a jap van

Favorite Features

stow and go is a nice feature

Suggested Improvements

chrysler needs to improve there quality control