Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

My North Dakota 2009 T & C
By mark s

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our vehicle is a Touring with the 4.0 Liter. With incentives this vehicle is substantially less expensive than the Honda and Toyota competition that we choose to compare with. A similar Honda was over $5K more. Note to Toyota - your stock tires supplied were horrible for winter driving. Do you not know where the vehicles are being delivered to - hello. Handling is a little sloppy but since we use it for highway not such a big deal. Don't try to use this vehicle in the mountains. On our first try, even though we used the shiftable auto transmission to slow the vehicle, the rotors warped after one trip. The 4.0 liter motor is an improvement from our previous T & C - decent power and mpg.

The screen for the backup up cam is large which is nice. The Chrysler exclusive built hard drive which you can load up your favorite CD's is a favorite feature. This vehicle's stock tires are reasonably good for winter. The kids appreciate the rear seat DVD. Nicer interior styles than competition

The quality control is not just bad it is horrible. The vehicle is in the shop constantly. I am researching the lemon laws to see if they can apply. If I could put a zero down for reliability I would.

1st Time with T&C
By Ray

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Trade in my 1996 Chev Blazer with over 230,000 miles. Thank you for the $$$ for clunkers. I'm very happy with this auto. My 1st time in a Mini Van. The kids love it. lots of room for other friends and family. Just the radio acts up time to time.

The room and power doors.

I really like this minivan
By 8255Town&Country

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I wrote this review as a rebuke to the "professional" reviews on this site. The touring model is a great value. The package I got has features that would costs many thousands more on a Honda or Toyota. Leather, cruise, 2 dvd's, hard drive music, satellite radio, 3 zone temp, auto side and rear door, power windows all around (including side and vent) 6 speed trans, auto start, backup camera, power driver and passenger heated seats, and a good warranty all for under $27K. I recently went on a highway trip and the gas mileage averaged 23 mpg. Sure its no Prius, but I moved 2 small accent tables, a large cooler, luggage, and still had comfortable seating for 3. Handling and ride is great.

Stow and go seats. Very convenient feature. This is hands down, the greatest feature of this mini-van. We used to have a minivan where you needed to remove the seats; a real pain. Hard drive music system. No need to hook up Ipod or carry CD's. Backup Camera. Living in Chicago its a must have.

Company Reputation. Offer a Hybrid version.

2009 Town & Country Touring
By 4mykids2009

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent for the $$$. Rides comfortable, kids love it b/c of 2 TV's. Like that kids can watch video & we can still listen to radio. Nice that you can load music onto hard drive so you don't have to keep inserting CD's. See no point in being able to load pictures as screen saver, wouldn't want family pics in car in case stolen, etc. Should've gotten higher pkg with both power seats b/c passengar seat can't be lowered and it's set a bit high for me. Easy to maneuver, V6 3.8 engine is a plus, pretty good "take off". Wish climate controls were digital instead of old fashion turn knobs. Stow N Go is excellent, gives us so much needed room. Overall, best bang for your buck.

Hard Disk Drive for music, parkview camera, tv's, premium console, remote start, screen shades for kids.

More comfortable seats, perhaps plushier. Digital A/C controls, remove analog clock, see no point. Make it standard for both driver and passenger seat be powered. Passenger seat should be able to go back more (not back of seat but actual seat)b/c too close to dash.

LUV MY VAN!!!!
By Shelly

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in my 2002 T&C with 116,000 miles on it. Didn't want to give up the space. I love the 2009 T&C!!! Rear windows go up and down, the power is AWESOME!!!Love all the features, everyday I drive it, (only 4 days now) I find new buttons and features!! It's GREAT!!!!

Rear power windows, BIG engine, leather, satellite radio, bluetooth, heated seats, dual DVD

Less boxy look of the exterior.