2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Family Mover with Style
By MoparCrazy on 07/21/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our van for one week now and just got back from a long road trip. After trading in a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan we had an idea of what to expect from a new Chryler, but we were pleasantly surprised. The new van has vastly improved entertainment options and interior quality. My boys have had a lot of fun rotating the 2nd row seats to face backwards and challenge their brothers to video games on the third row video screen. Meanwhile I have enjoyed listening to Sirius sattelite radio in the front without having to listen to the sounds of race cars and explosions from the rear. We had 138000 miles on our last van. We were very happy about the unlimited powertrain warrany. Good!

2nd T&C Limited and luvin it!!
By steinbeck11 on 07/01/09 16:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got back from a 2000 mile road trip, and had no issues at all with my T&C. I used to own a 2005 and the quality has been great with both. By far the best vans on the road today. The 4.0 engine is the best that I have had since my single days.

From a Ram to a spring Lamb
By harleyboy486 on 06/17/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I sold my 2001 4WD4D Ram two weeks before taking delivery of my 2009 T & C. What a change. The first thing you notice is the ride and great gas mileage. I ordered the 4.0 with trailer-tow. Nice strong pull with no lag or stutter. Brakes are light with the right amount of feedback. This 25th Anniversary comes with 17 inch wheels and tires which is a great plus. The first trip to the East Coast was pleasant and had no issues. With 636 miles showing, i was getting 23.5 mpg. There is just something about a Ram Truck going the road!

Best Buy
By Will on 06/07/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second T&C in 10 years. I love these cars. I never had any troubles with the T&C 2000. It was time to change and I just did the same and got another T&C. The touring is exceptionally luxurious and comes with lots of options. Fun to drive, accelerates well, and very comfortable.

Help with driver seat
By ron on 06/05/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I drove Chrysler for 15 yrs. I love them, but in the 09 t&c the driver seat is too close to the front. It don't go back enough. when it goes back it also go down. then you can't see over the dashboard.The front part of the seat is always higher then your rear- you feel like your sitting in a bucket. If your under 5ft9in I think you will have problems with the driver's seat.

Better than expected
By 3rd T&C 100 Day upda on 06/05/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Just an update from my initial review back in April. The vehicle has perform wonderfully, we have had no issues with fit, trim, or initial build quality. Mileage has improved since it has been broken in, Highway 55-60 MPH around 25 mpg, Highway 65-70 mph around 23-24 mpg. City/Hwy around 18- 19 mpg. I read the reviews from car magazines of this minivan prior to buying you'd thought this vehicle to be a dog, not so, very comfortable, dependable, quite. Our last T&C got us 136,000 miles w/o any work other than routine maintenance. I expect the same here.

Awesome minivan
By RIFA on 05/04/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second T&C. Obviously, I like them. My first one was purchased in 2000. My friends with Honda, Toyota, or Nissan, with equal minivan age, had to do one or more major repairs during the past 9 years. We never had any trouble with it and it has 100,000 miles. It was time to get a new one. After shopping around, we decided to stay with Chrysler. The 2009 touring is impressive in all aspects.

I wanted a truck, she wanted an SUV.
By John on 05/02/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This auto satisfied everything we were looking for in every category. The comforts, the cargo ability, the gadgets, styling, price, and even its ability to maneuver in tight areas. It has truly made our life more streamlined and functional with having 2 children; not to mention the interior styling is as luxurious as it is functional. The exterior is more bold with strong modern lines. The previous models were way to soft for me, especially the front and rear fascias. There is nothing weak or meek with this much more handsome model. The interior was truly more luxurious than the Odyssey, Quest, Traverse, Acadia, F150, 1500 and a host of other SUV's, trucks & mini's we considered.

6-sp transmission needs refinement
By Hotel driver on 04/28/09 12:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I drive the T&C for a hotel. It's rented longterm from Enterprise. It replaced a 2008 Dodge GC, essentially the same vehicle. Overall, pleasure to drive. Handles well, almost what you'd call 'sporty'. Well-appointed, tightly assembled, nicely functional. Comfortable, though passenger space is compromised in the Stow/Go version, a center bench would accomodate one more adult. The trans needs refinement/domestication. (See below.)

Best minivan around
By John on 04/21/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Very commanding view of the road, most versatile minivan w/all 3 rows folding flat, closest thing to a hot rod van.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country in VA is:

$118 per month*