Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Used
By B Gale

2009 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 13,000 miles. Changed to Mobile 1 oil and mileage ranges 19 to 25 mpg with adequate power when loaded heavily with seats stowed. Now waiting in line with other owners for arrival of a backlogged improved air conditioner part to replace the original one that fails too often. Last year my air conditioner failed and the part was replaced by an identical part, the only available version. This is my 6th Chrysler minivan. It is homely to look at, but a dream to drive. It gets up to speed quietly. The sliding door on the passenger side doesn't operate from inside. Leg room isn't enough for the second-row seats unless front seats are moved forward more than I like.

Stow-and-Go, Headlights, comfortable steering wheel.

More aerodynamic styling.

Really nice
By Paul Fritz

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Drives well and with the 4.0 runs like a Greyhound chasing a rabbit. The seats are nice and good for long trips. Seat heaters are welcome in the past winter. All the toys: power doors, lift gate, u- connect, backup camera, memory seats and pedals, etc all work as they are supposed to. But let's talk hard plastic. I took a 2011 Senna for a drive just for fun and guess what the top of the dash was: Hard plastic so this entire thing about hard plastic talk is just bunk. I bought this after my 2007 was sold to a friend and she is still a friend so power up and lets go. It seems the people who count, the owners, think more of the van than the pros so take our word for it: good product!

The entire van but if I had to chose some it would be the backup camera, memory, hard drive for music and the ambient lights. 3D on the navigation is nice

Plusher seats would be nice with an up graded leather. The ride is a little soft for me but my wife likes it and it is her car. The computer system is a little hard to understand so we just leave it at temp and direction. I just pay for it.

Don't This This Junk
By Koen

2009 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Oh, boy. Did I make a big mistake... Mine went to service 6 times within 8 months. Now yesterday the A/C began to blow warm air. I wil never ever buy a Chrysler again. The worst car you can imagine. The driver window mulfunctioned. The wiper rotates when the turn signal is turned on (what the heck!). I might contact the company and ask for refund. Oh, by the way, the car is so noisy. Actually nosier than my 1994 Ford Fiesta. People. Don't buy this junk. It doesn't even deserve to be called a junk, because the car was in the shop more than you would guess.

Hiding 3rd row seat.

The analog clock on the I/P is a joke. Hard to see and understand what time it is. Cabin noise is industry worst. Reliability is terrible.

Excellent Car
By TomD

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

2 years and 24000 miles later I am very satisfied. I didn't buy into the Japanese hype. I service it when it tells me to and my dealer takes care of any recalls. I barely lift a finger. Tons of space, lots of power. Took it to Florida from Michigan twice and not a single hitch. I am impressed so far. Good job Chrysler.

The hard drive in the entertainment system, dual dvd players, head phones, unique spaces everywhere, stow & go is big, quiet inside.

None, honestly!

love the vehicle hate the mileage
By Dave G

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

this is a 4L engine and the performance is great but even driving very conservately the mileage is not as advertised. Also the windshield is the most fragile I have ever experienced. Overall it is A very comfortable and fun vehicle to own.

auto head lights, auto heat and a/c, sirius, heated front and second row seats, blind side warning, rear view camera and sonar sensors

better window glass and mpg. would make a big difference