Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Transmission
By weeniedog

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mt 2009 T&C used with 47,000 miles. I did a test drive and of course it drove wonderfully. The dealership was really anxious to get me into the vehicle. I too experience transmission issues. slow sluggish hesitant when cold. acts like it is low on trans fluid. Crysler dealer checked & said they put some part on it and its fixed. $110.00 2 weeks after I bought it... It still tries to shift to fast. If you drive like a grandmaw it acts ok. But if you drive it normal with some good acceleration it kinda worries me. I too love this van I just wish I could get a straight answer/truthful answer about the trans.. They say I have a loaded warranty. Wierd, It didn't pay for the 110.00 part..

I love every feature it comes with. The windows on the sliding doors roll down. I can use my keyless entry for every door and even the hatch with the touch of a button. The air is Cold and Heat is Hot. THe grandkids love it. Lots of room. Great for trips.

Transmission.

Won't buy again
By Richard

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

While I had great hopes for this vehicle, it broke down terribly. There seemed to be always something wrong with it. Very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. Will not buy another one.

Build a better vehicle

dreece
By dreece

2009 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

40k a/c went out. So did rotors. been in shop 3 time for malfunction for all dash lights coming on during turn or start up from red light. can't get esp light or check engine light off. Interior seats are very uncomfortable. This is my third Chrysler van 1994 caravan and 2001 caravan,best vehicle i've ever owned. This town and country has been in for service in 1 year than the other two combined in 17 years of driving. what a piece of junk.

stow and go and roomy

Bad Brakes
By SJ

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I've been a big fan of the T&C, but the brake quality on this vehicle is horrible. Had to have the front brakes and rotors replaced twice already, once off the lot and again at 18k. Now the back brakes and rotors need replaced at 20k. Chrysler is helping with the front brakes, but so far not for the back. Love the van, but can't afford to replace the brakes every year..especially when the dealer quotes over $500.

Stow and go, dvd, overall storage

Brakes

You WILL have brake problems!
By Preston

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love the van for its features and room. With that said owning it has ben a nightmare. Short and sweet: van is on 4th set (no lie) of rotors as of 34k miles. These were all replaced under warranty. The last visit (I have been to the dealer in the teens if not over 20 times now) the calipers, pads, and lines were also replaced. Now they squeak and both rear brakes have since had overheating problems. I will be back yet again. Also, both power doors broke, recalls, transmission jerks, engine misses. Good luck. Forget the VW version too. There is a brake issue and I bet you will see a recall down the road. Done let them make you pay for brakes!

Kids love the DVD players and screens. I like the backup cam. Power doors nice (if they are working). Has good power and while I feel 18-20 mpg stinks it is better then a truck.

Chrysler needs to take the public's money we gave them and improve quality by 500%. All the loaners I have had that were Chrysler were also poor in build by the way.