2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Don't This This Junk
By Koen on 05/15/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Oh, boy. Did I make a big mistake... Mine went to service 6 times within 8 months. Now yesterday the A/C began to blow warm air. I wil never ever buy a Chrysler again. The worst car you can imagine. The driver window mulfunctioned. The wiper rotates when the turn signal is turned on (what the heck!). I might contact the company and ask for refund. Oh, by the way, the car is so noisy. Actually nosier than my 1994 Ford Fiesta. People. Don't buy this junk. It doesn't even deserve to be called a junk, because the car was in the shop more than you would guess.

Excellent Car
By TomD on 05/10/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

2 years and 24000 miles later I am very satisfied. I didn't buy into the Japanese hype. I service it when it tells me to and my dealer takes care of any recalls. I barely lift a finger. Tons of space, lots of power. Took it to Florida from Michigan twice and not a single hitch. I am impressed so far. Good job Chrysler.

love the vehicle hate the mileage
By Dave G on 04/28/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

this is a 4L engine and the performance is great but even driving very conservately the mileage is not as advertised. Also the windshield is the most fragile I have ever experienced. Overall it is A very comfortable and fun vehicle to own.

Transmission Problems
By Carol P on 04/14/10 15:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love my van accept for clunking in transmission when I slow down to around 25 to 20 MPH, it jerks and clunks. Taken to dealer twice, they of course can find nothing wrong. I accelerated the van last week (passing a car) the van started jerking and losing power, when I slowed up the jerking stopped and, when I accelerated, the I got the same jerking, again dealer could find nothing wrong. They rebooted the transmission on their computer which did nothing. Very disappointed that a new car clunks and jerks and the sad thing is that I can't get it fixed. If it isn't doing it when I bring it in, they can't help me. I have to live with annoying problems everyday on a new Car!

By JJR on 01/30/10 12:23 PM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was recently in a 50 mph head-on collision with my 09 T&C. My 8 yr old son and I walked away without a scratch. The other car (G6 or Grand- Am) came across into our lane. It impacted just outside of the driver frame rail pushing the tire and axle up under the floor pan. Front end was destroyed, driver door slightly deformed but driven back into slider door. Driver A-Piller kinked. Passenger fender moved away from vehicle. Air bags deployed. Driver door encroached in just a bit. Other than that, the entire cockpit stayed in tact (to the naked eye). My son was in the seat behind my and nothing got even close to him. Fit and finish be damned, they put the money in the right place!!!

One of the best family vehicles
By Chris on 01/22/10 07:18 AM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have a large family (5 children, all under 12yrs) so our options are limited. In the past, we have had a Ford Expedition, and a GMC Savana. The Town & Country is the most fuel efficient and kid friendly family vehicle we have ever owned.

disappointment
By GEZ on 12/17/09 20:34 PM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed I purchase this car. Had nothing but brake and door problems. Interior is uncomfortable, but with luxury. The exterior is beautiful. not enough leg room in the third row. Doesn't have much pickup.

town and country review
By Harvey Smith on 11/05/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Reliability has been terrible. Didn't make it from dealership to driveway before quit on side of road and we ended up walking home. Transmission problems at 4500 km's still not resolved at 14,0000 km's. Chrysler told us to get lost in regards to repairs. Overall extremely unhappy with the vehicle in terms of quality and chryslers refusal to stand by warranty. Will be going to arbitration board for compensation

09 T&C 25th Anniversary Edition
By mvan on 11/04/09 23:48 PM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 25th Anniversary Edition does precisely show the progress of Chrysler Minivans. The exterior is very nice and the interior is very luxurious. The seats are very comfortable, and adjust 8 ways for driver and passenger. I really like the rotary dials for the climate control and the center stack in general. The 2nd row Stow n Go seats are more comfortable than I would have thought,and the 3rd row is plenty roomy. The 3.8L V6 is very powerful and the manual shift mode makes the van almost (almost) fun to drive. It has all the great attributes of 25 years of innovation in one luxurious machine.

love the limited
By david bushbush9812@b on 10/12/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

love towne and country looked long and hard at honda ans toyota vans and keep looking for two years and reading the reviews about the thier better quality but in the end feel in love with the chrysler we love the chrysler features the limited has all the bells and whisles we are still learning in town milage is 18 but on the road we are getting 24.8 in the tennesse hills ride is wonderful very quiet do not like the steering respose in curves to much steering imput but overall we love the vehicle think the reviews are to critcal and pro japenese hope we like it in 5 years and 150000 miles when we buy again love love the options

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country in VA is:

$116 per month*