Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Stay AWAY!!
By Dont buy a Chrysler

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my T&C about a year ago. They are beautiful and I really wanted one for my growing family. A few months after purchasing, I started having electrical issues!! Windshield wipers come on and off by themselves, all dash lights come on but all gauges stop working, radio stops working, no controls work (such as power windows, door, hatch, etc). even the dealer couldn't fix it!!! Now on top of that after having the recall fixed on the ignition, it isn't working correctly the car wont shut completely off and is draining the battery, the transmission slips, and I have to put power steering fluid in it every day!!!!!!! I will not own another dodge/Chrysler junk!!!!!! Although they look nice and have tons of cargo space they are def not worth the trouble!

09 Town and Country...Don't do it!
By tgrnva

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new for my growing family. We have had so many issues I can't remember them all....lets see, had to change the brake pads and rotors at 45,000 miles, have had to replace the radiator, oil leaks, air conditioner whistles, and transmission is on its way out. I have had other problems with tubes cracking, plastic parts breaking, drivers side door wont unlock, and had to replace the wire harness for the drivers side sliding door. I know I am missing 3 or 4 more things, even the dealer wasn't surprised, but still didn't cut me a break. Buy a Honda.

Stow and Go

Everything other then the design and layout of the cabin.

wouldn't buy another Chrysler again
By fobc

62,000
miles front wheel bearning had to be replaced engine very sluggish terrible gas milage brakes have been a hugh headache from the start my next vehile will prob me a jap van

stow and go is a nice feature

chrysler needs to improve there quality control

Very nice family mover!
By rscott68

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 09 T&C used about 1 year ago.
It had 43k miles then and has about 58k now.
During that time we've been pleased with the vehicle.
It's comfortable, quiet, and gets mileage you would expect for a fairly heavy minivan.
We're getting about 23 mpg highway, 19 mpg town.
We traded on 05 base T&C that we'd owned for about 6 yrs.
It had nearly 170,000 miles and could have gone further with it but thought it was time to move on.

Love the DVD entertainment system. Great for long trips with out small kids. The standard leather interior is nice and easy to wipe down. Love the stow-n-go seating. Instruments are easy to read and reach. Tons of storage space with little compartments everywhere for life's "stuff".

I've seen others post about transmission issues. Our hasn't had any trouble, so far. I do notice the shift point from 2nd to 3rd is not as smooth as the other shift points but it's not terrible. Once in a great while it will clunk at lower deceleration speeds...sort of like it can't figure out what gear it wants to be in. Again, not awful but sometimes noticeable. Overall, we really like this van and will keep it a long time if all continues to go well. This is our 2nd T&C and we like it even more than the first.

Don't buy the Town and Country
By

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2009 Town and Country LX with extended warranty and a few months after we got it, the transmission didn't want to downshift.
It cleared up a few days later.
Recently we went across country with our van and the transmission acted up!
Took it to Chrysler and they gave us a brand new 2012 version for a rental.
Bad mistake.
Had problems with that too.
Engine light came on and the red lighting bolt light too while driving on the highway.
It went away a week later. Stayed on for a few days and it went away again!
After picking up our van from Chrysler, the transmission went out while we were on the highway! Dealer told me they changed the soloenid pack, so what now?

Satellite radio. Being able to fold all the seats down to the floor level. Ample space.

Chrysler needs to take pride in their vehicles and assemble them right. More attention to detail. Even with the 2012 Town and Country we rented, it should not have any problems like the engine light turning on; it is practically still new. What good is it when the interior looks cool, but the performance is horrible? Chrysler needs to put more money in the performance of the Town and Country before making the interior and exterior look pretty.