Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

wouldn't buy another Chrysler again
By fobc

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

62,000 miles front wheel bearning had to be replaced engine very sluggish terrible gas milage brakes have been a hugh headache from the start my next vehile will prob me a jap van

Favorite Features

stow and go is a nice feature

Suggested Improvements

chrysler needs to improve there quality control

Very nice family mover!
By rscott68

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 09 T&C used about 1 year ago. It had 43k miles then and has about 58k now. During that time we've been pleased with the vehicle. It's comfortable, quiet, and gets mileage you would expect for a fairly heavy minivan. We're getting about 23 mpg highway, 19 mpg town. We traded on 05 base T&C that we'd owned for about 6 yrs. It had nearly 170,000 miles and could have gone further with it but thought it was time to move on.

Favorite Features

Love the DVD entertainment system. Great for long trips with out small kids. The standard leather interior is nice and easy to wipe down. Love the stow-n-go seating. Instruments are easy to read and reach. Tons of storage space with little compartments everywhere for life's "stuff".

Suggested Improvements

I've seen others post about transmission issues. Our hasn't had any trouble, so far. I do notice the shift point from 2nd to 3rd is not as smooth as the other shift points but it's not terrible. Once in a great while it will clunk at lower deceleration speeds...sort of like it can't figure out what gear it wants to be in. Again, not awful but sometimes noticeable. Overall, we really like this van and will keep it a long time if all continues to go well. This is our 2nd T&C and we like it even more than the first.

Don't buy the Town and Country
By

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2009 Town and Country LX with extended warranty and a few months after we got it, the transmission didn't want to downshift. It cleared up a few days later. Recently we went across country with our van and the transmission acted up! Took it to Chrysler and they gave us a brand new 2012 version for a rental. Bad mistake. Had problems with that too. Engine light came on and the red lighting bolt light too while driving on the highway. It went away a week later. Stayed on for a few days and it went away again! After picking up our van from Chrysler, the transmission went out while we were on the highway! Dealer told me they changed the soloenid pack, so what now?

Favorite Features

Satellite radio. Being able to fold all the seats down to the floor level. Ample space.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler needs to take pride in their vehicles and assemble them right. More attention to detail. Even with the 2012 Town and Country we rented, it should not have any problems like the engine light turning on; it is practically still new. What good is it when the interior looks cool, but the performance is horrible? Chrysler needs to put more money in the performance of the Town and Country before making the interior and exterior look pretty.

Transmission
By weeniedog

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mt 2009 T&C used with 47,000 miles. I did a test drive and of course it drove wonderfully. The dealership was really anxious to get me into the vehicle. I too experience transmission issues. slow sluggish hesitant when cold. acts like it is low on trans fluid. Crysler dealer checked & said they put some part on it and its fixed. $110.00 2 weeks after I bought it... It still tries to shift to fast. If you drive like a grandmaw it acts ok. But if you drive it normal with some good acceleration it kinda worries me. I too love this van I just wish I could get a straight answer/truthful answer about the trans.. They say I have a loaded warranty. Wierd, It didn't pay for the 110.00 part..

Favorite Features

I love every feature it comes with. The windows on the sliding doors roll down. I can use my keyless entry for every door and even the hatch with the touch of a button. The air is Cold and Heat is Hot. THe grandkids love it. Lots of room. Great for trips.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission.

Won't buy again
By Richard

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

While I had great hopes for this vehicle, it broke down terribly. There seemed to be always something wrong with it. Very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. Will not buy another one.

Suggested Improvements

Build a better vehicle