2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
wouldn't buy another Chrysler again
By fobc on 03/17/14 16:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

62,000 miles front wheel bearning had to be replaced engine very sluggish terrible gas milage brakes have been a hugh headache from the start my next vehile will prob me a jap van

Very nice family mover!
By rscott68 on 05/18/13 05:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 09 T&C used about 1 year ago. It had 43k miles then and has about 58k now. During that time we've been pleased with the vehicle. It's comfortable, quiet, and gets mileage you would expect for a fairly heavy minivan. We're getting about 23 mpg highway, 19 mpg town. We traded on 05 base T&C that we'd owned for about 6 yrs. It had nearly 170,000 miles and could have gone further with it but thought it was time to move on.

Don't buy the Town and Country
By on 05/23/12 10:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2009 Town and Country LX with extended warranty and a few months after we got it, the transmission didn't want to downshift. It cleared up a few days later. Recently we went across country with our van and the transmission acted up! Took it to Chrysler and they gave us a brand new 2012 version for a rental. Bad mistake. Had problems with that too. Engine light came on and the red lighting bolt light too while driving on the highway. It went away a week later. Stayed on for a few days and it went away again! After picking up our van from Chrysler, the transmission went out while we were on the highway! Dealer told me they changed the soloenid pack, so what now?

Transmission
By weeniedog on 03/23/11 13:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mt 2009 T&C used with 47,000 miles. I did a test drive and of course it drove wonderfully. The dealership was really anxious to get me into the vehicle. I too experience transmission issues. slow sluggish hesitant when cold. acts like it is low on trans fluid. Crysler dealer checked & said they put some part on it and its fixed. $110.00 2 weeks after I bought it... It still tries to shift to fast. If you drive like a grandmaw it acts ok. But if you drive it normal with some good acceleration it kinda worries me. I too love this van I just wish I could get a straight answer/truthful answer about the trans.. They say I have a loaded warranty. Wierd, It didn't pay for the 110.00 part..

Won't buy again
By Richard on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

While I had great hopes for this vehicle, it broke down terribly. There seemed to be always something wrong with it. Very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. Will not buy another one.

dreece
By dreece on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

40k a/c went out. So did rotors. been in shop 3 time for malfunction for all dash lights coming on during turn or start up from red light. can't get esp light or check engine light off. Interior seats are very uncomfortable. This is my third Chrysler van 1994 caravan and 2001 caravan,best vehicle i've ever owned. This town and country has been in for service in 1 year than the other two combined in 17 years of driving. what a piece of junk.

Bad Brakes
By SJ on 08/28/10 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I've been a big fan of the T&C, but the brake quality on this vehicle is horrible. Had to have the front brakes and rotors replaced twice already, once off the lot and again at 18k. Now the back brakes and rotors need replaced at 20k. Chrysler is helping with the front brakes, but so far not for the back. Love the van, but can't afford to replace the brakes every year..especially when the dealer quotes over $500.

You WILL have brake problems!
By Preston on 08/17/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love the van for its features and room. With that said owning it has ben a nightmare. Short and sweet: van is on 4th set (no lie) of rotors as of 34k miles. These were all replaced under warranty. The last visit (I have been to the dealer in the teens if not over 20 times now) the calipers, pads, and lines were also replaced. Now they squeak and both rear brakes have since had overheating problems. I will be back yet again. Also, both power doors broke, recalls, transmission jerks, engine misses. Good luck. Forget the VW version too. There is a brake issue and I bet you will see a recall down the road. Done let them make you pay for brakes!

Used
By B Gale on 07/13/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 13,000 miles. Changed to Mobile 1 oil and mileage ranges 19 to 25 mpg with adequate power when loaded heavily with seats stowed. Now waiting in line with other owners for arrival of a backlogged improved air conditioner part to replace the original one that fails too often. Last year my air conditioner failed and the part was replaced by an identical part, the only available version. This is my 6th Chrysler minivan. It is homely to look at, but a dream to drive. It gets up to speed quietly. The sliding door on the passenger side doesn't operate from inside. Leg room isn't enough for the second-row seats unless front seats are moved forward more than I like.

Really nice
By Paul Fritz on 05/25/10 12:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Drives well and with the 4.0 runs like a Greyhound chasing a rabbit. The seats are nice and good for long trips. Seat heaters are welcome in the past winter. All the toys: power doors, lift gate, u- connect, backup camera, memory seats and pedals, etc all work as they are supposed to. But let's talk hard plastic. I took a 2011 Senna for a drive just for fun and guess what the top of the dash was: Hard plastic so this entire thing about hard plastic talk is just bunk. I bought this after my 2007 was sold to a friend and she is still a friend so power up and lets go. It seems the people who count, the owners, think more of the van than the pros so take our word for it: good product!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan in VA is:

$116 per month*