2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Won't buy again
By Richard on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

While I had great hopes for this vehicle, it broke down terribly. There seemed to be always something wrong with it. Very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. Will not buy another one.

Bad Brakes
By SJ on 08/28/10 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I've been a big fan of the T&C, but the brake quality on this vehicle is horrible. Had to have the front brakes and rotors replaced twice already, once off the lot and again at 18k. Now the back brakes and rotors need replaced at 20k. Chrysler is helping with the front brakes, but so far not for the back. Love the van, but can't afford to replace the brakes every year..especially when the dealer quotes over $500.

Really nice
By Paul Fritz on 05/25/10 12:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Drives well and with the 4.0 runs like a Greyhound chasing a rabbit. The seats are nice and good for long trips. Seat heaters are welcome in the past winter. All the toys: power doors, lift gate, u- connect, backup camera, memory seats and pedals, etc all work as they are supposed to. But let's talk hard plastic. I took a 2011 Senna for a drive just for fun and guess what the top of the dash was: Hard plastic so this entire thing about hard plastic talk is just bunk. I bought this after my 2007 was sold to a friend and she is still a friend so power up and lets go. It seems the people who count, the owners, think more of the van than the pros so take our word for it: good product!

Transmission Problems
By Carol P on 04/14/10 15:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love my van accept for clunking in transmission when I slow down to around 25 to 20 MPH, it jerks and clunks. Taken to dealer twice, they of course can find nothing wrong. I accelerated the van last week (passing a car) the van started jerking and losing power, when I slowed up the jerking stopped and, when I accelerated, the I got the same jerking, again dealer could find nothing wrong. They rebooted the transmission on their computer which did nothing. Very disappointed that a new car clunks and jerks and the sad thing is that I can't get it fixed. If it isn't doing it when I bring it in, they can't help me. I have to live with annoying problems everyday on a new Car!

town and country review
By Harvey Smith on 11/05/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Reliability has been terrible. Didn't make it from dealership to driveway before quit on side of road and we ended up walking home. Transmission problems at 4500 km's still not resolved at 14,0000 km's. Chrysler told us to get lost in regards to repairs. Overall extremely unhappy with the vehicle in terms of quality and chryslers refusal to stand by warranty. Will be going to arbitration board for compensation

My North Dakota 2009 T & C
By mark s on 08/22/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our vehicle is a Touring with the 4.0 Liter. With incentives this vehicle is substantially less expensive than the Honda and Toyota competition that we choose to compare with. A similar Honda was over $5K more. Note to Toyota - your stock tires supplied were horrible for winter driving. Do you not know where the vehicles are being delivered to - hello. Handling is a little sloppy but since we use it for highway not such a big deal. Don't try to use this vehicle in the mountains. On our first try, even though we used the shiftable auto transmission to slow the vehicle, the rotors warped after one trip. The 4.0 liter motor is an improvement from our previous T & C - decent power and mpg.

LUV MY VAN!!!!
By Shelly on 07/24/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in my 2002 T&C with 116,000 miles on it. Didn't want to give up the space. I love the 2009 T&C!!! Rear windows go up and down, the power is AWESOME!!!Love all the features, everyday I drive it, (only 4 days now) I find new buttons and features!! It's GREAT!!!!

Love the Ride
By Mark on 07/22/09 05:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall this minivan is amazing. The kids go crazy with the dual screens and wireless headsets. It is such a comfort to ride and have had it only 3 weeks and still need to figure out the buttons. Drive this is Asia and can't wait to take long trips back in the states when I go back next year.

2nd T&C Limited and luvin it!!
By steinbeck11 on 07/01/09 16:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got back from a 2000 mile road trip, and had no issues at all with my T&C. I used to own a 2005 and the quality has been great with both. By far the best vans on the road today. The 4.0 engine is the best that I have had since my single days.

Best minivan around
By John on 04/21/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Very commanding view of the road, most versatile minivan w/all 3 rows folding flat, closest thing to a hot rod van.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country in VA is:

$109 per month*