Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Won't buy again
By Richard

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

While I had great hopes for this vehicle, it broke down terribly. There seemed to be always something wrong with it. Very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. Will not buy another one.

Build a better vehicle

Bad Brakes
By SJ

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I've been a big fan of the T&C, but the brake quality on this vehicle is horrible. Had to have the front brakes and rotors replaced twice already, once off the lot and again at 18k. Now the back brakes and rotors need replaced at 20k. Chrysler is helping with the front brakes, but so far not for the back. Love the van, but can't afford to replace the brakes every year..especially when the dealer quotes over $500.

Stow and go, dvd, overall storage

Brakes

Really nice
By Paul Fritz

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Drives well and with the 4.0 runs like a Greyhound chasing a rabbit. The seats are nice and good for long trips. Seat heaters are welcome in the past winter. All the toys: power doors, lift gate, u- connect, backup camera, memory seats and pedals, etc all work as they are supposed to. But let's talk hard plastic. I took a 2011 Senna for a drive just for fun and guess what the top of the dash was: Hard plastic so this entire thing about hard plastic talk is just bunk. I bought this after my 2007 was sold to a friend and she is still a friend so power up and lets go. It seems the people who count, the owners, think more of the van than the pros so take our word for it: good product!

The entire van but if I had to chose some it would be the backup camera, memory, hard drive for music and the ambient lights. 3D on the navigation is nice

Plusher seats would be nice with an up graded leather. The ride is a little soft for me but my wife likes it and it is her car. The computer system is a little hard to understand so we just leave it at temp and direction. I just pay for it.

Transmission Problems
By Carol P

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love my van accept for clunking in transmission when I slow down to around 25 to 20 MPH, it jerks and clunks. Taken to dealer twice, they of course can find nothing wrong. I accelerated the van last week (passing a car) the van started jerking and losing power, when I slowed up the jerking stopped and, when I accelerated, the I got the same jerking, again dealer could find nothing wrong. They rebooted the transmission on their computer which did nothing. Very disappointed that a new car clunks and jerks and the sad thing is that I can't get it fixed. If it isn't doing it when I bring it in, they can't help me. I have to live with annoying problems everyday on a new Car!

Very Roomy, Stow and Go Seating. Storage

Transmission!

town and country review
By Harvey Smith

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Reliability has been terrible. Didn't make it from dealership to driveway before quit on side of road and we ended up walking home. Transmission problems at 4500 km's still not resolved at 14,0000 km's. Chrysler told us to get lost in regards to repairs. Overall extremely unhappy with the vehicle in terms of quality and chryslers refusal to stand by warranty. Will be going to arbitration board for compensation

Like the fold and Go seating. GHad this on previous 2005 Caravan and for our purpose we found it very convenient. Like serius radio and backup camera, heated seats. 4 litre has good power. Overall a very nice vehicle if only it would run properly

Quality needs to improve. Have owned 15 Chryslers and this is the last because of quality and lack of support from Chrysler