Lets be realistic
By khadra on
2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)
This is our second 2008 town and country, both were preowned. Th first was LX trim and the current one is limited. I got the first minivan with 95 k and I sold it with 130k and 4 years of ownership. It was running solid but did not have a lot of options that we needed. Then two months ago I was able to spot a black 2008 tc limited. You can't beat the value of these minivans; the price of the minivan, oem parts and dealership labor and still under 17 K. Lets be realistic, maybe this minivan is not durable like a toyota, BUT you get huge savings and lot of features that you can't find with other manufacturers. It's not expensive to maintain the minivan and I believe reliable enough.
Favorite Features
Swivel an go, center table. Sat tv with Disney channels. No need for DVDs Ownership cost is low, oil change is 17 $ at the dealership. I got this minivan with 98 k miles on it and replaced everything that assure me that it will give me trouble free 50 k and still it was cheaper than a 120k sienna or odyssey.
Suggested Improvements
When you buy this car, specially used, be realistic. It could break down. I changed, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, pcv valve, front brakes and rotors, shocks, struts, flushed all the fluids including coolant, tranny, brakes, power steering. I did all that during the first 15 days of ownership. All oem and chrysler dealership labor except the brakes and rotors were after market. You will be surprised how much the oem parts is cheaper or comparable to after market. With this car, specially if you are handy, is cheaper to own than a toyota.