2008 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Review: Good when no problems but not

2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Good when no problems but not recommend
By akred2012 on

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2008 minivan in everything went well with it until 36000 miles which covers all warranty. After 42000 miles the BCM (Body Control Module) got problem. I started the van went out parking lot and turned left. Suddenly all the electrical things got blowing up. The honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on etc. The noise was too loud. It was keep going on. I switched off the engine and its still same problem (honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on). I disconnected battery negative terminal and everything got stopped. I called the dealer and they said the warranty is expired and I need to bear the cost of repair.

Cargo, Keys, Drive Comfort.

They should change the warranty from 36000 to 100000 in order to compete with other minivans. Anyway no more Chrysler next time.
By jannag0713
on 09/10/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

I'm wondering if you had your vehicle fixed and an estimate of the charges. I am having similar issues. Everything you said above, plus my van is braking on its own and taking itself out of gear. On top of my horn, lights, and wipers (front and back) going crazy my van is cranking itself without the key. I do not have remote start on my vehicle! I am having to remove the fuses and battery terminals to get it to stop. I have never seen a vehicle not lose complete power without a battery. I have video of the battery cables off, key in my hand (outside the vehicle), wipers going crazy and the car cranked. Only reason the horn wasn't going off is because we disconnected it so people didn't think I was honking it at them as it goes nuts driving down the road!