Don't Buy This Van.
By mommymo on
2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
My van has only 33,000 miles on it. Rear brakes and rotors replaced last month for $500. Electrical would cut out until igition replaced (ran, but no wipers, turn signals, etc) and worked fine for a while. New problem: just shuts off while driving. Twice so far. As in NOTHING worked, including the steering. Yes, you read that correctly. Driving down the road then the thing shut off and there was NO STEERING. I have also had the problem with the sliding doors opening after they seem to be shut, but you can only shut them if the car is in park. Poor design feature to say the least. I will never buy Chrysler again. If I could afford to, I would get rid of this now. It is unsafe.
Favorite Features
I am not picky about the little things. Good storage. Drives fine when working. Upholstery is holding up. It is inexpensive compared to other minivans.
Suggested Improvements
It is just unreliable. As I type, it is in the shop for the latest electrical problem. Although I have the extended warranty and am under the mileage for the regular warranty, the time ran out in March so I will most likely be paying for this unless it is related to the last electrical repair. I like the service department at my dealership but this is my second Chrysler gone bad, even sooner than the first one. Done with this brand for good.