2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Wish I never bought it!
By Bread on 07/15/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased the Town & Country Limited in September 2008. We needed to replace the brake pads within 5months after purchase. We then replaced the brakes and rotors again 6months later. Its electrical system has been giving us problems not starting for around 3 months The dealership can't seem to fix it. My advice is to pay the extra money for the Honda Minivan.

Recent recalls have taken care of proble
By Ann Marie on 07/12/10 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have had problems with my brakes. I had only 5% left of my brake pads at 21,000 miles. Thanks to their recent recall I had my front brakes replaced minus a $50 deductible (which is ridiculous!) and my a/c hose was also recalled and was low on freon due to the leak. Both have been fixed and no more problems. I also had a recall on the temperature gauge which I never receive a notice on. I had a problem in the past with the sliding doors just opening up on their own AFTER I locked the doors - but the dealership also fixed that no charge. I also am experiencing problems with my transmission but it never seems to happen when at the dealer. New prob the car sounds like a boat at the exhaust!

Dont buy it
By always in shop on 07/05/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The dealership was great but ended up with monthly problems. Overhead console rattle, A/C went bad more than once, front brakes replaced at about 15,000 miles. Adjustable pedal switch does not work. Van started making loud squealing noise while driving. Shop told us no problem found, next day rear brake billowing smoke. Had to have towed. Trading it in for a Honda when we get it out of the shop! disappointed. Thought the touring would be a keeper.

Save your money do not buy!
By Mandy on 07/02/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Monthly we have to take our van in for re-calls or fixing of some sort. This van has had multiple brake issues. We now have problems with electronic parts such as the doors and the radio. We have replaced brakes 3 times at 44,000 miles, and replaced a hose in the air conditioner at 20,000 miles. Currently it sounds like an airplane landing when we drive. I feel like Chrysler took our money and ran and we are stuck with this lemon of a van.

Ridiculous
By 2flyqt on 06/30/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a nightmare, it has been in the shop more times than I can count. I had to replace my brakes within 14k miles & it was not covered in my bumper to bumper warranty, if they would have worn out 1000 miles earlier it would have been covered! My AC broke within a year, and they refused to fix it, said it's not a covered part even though I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty that I paid for with my original financing. I have had a wheel bearing & hub replaced, it was covered but they still charged me the 100.00 deductible even those these are not normal things that would break within a year of having a car. Now i there is an electrical problem, unbelievable!

Should have bought the boring Odyssey!
By Beth on 06/20/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I, like everyone else, had to replace the brakes at 15,000 miles and they still squeaked. Now, at 33,000 they need replacing again, and so do the rotors. It was suggested that it is my driving. In 20 years I have never had this problem before, so I don't think so. I am also having problems with the a/c, it doesn't cool well. The recall didn't fix it, either. And now, it is leaking something! I am seriously considering trading in this piece of junk for a Lexus with twice the miles and 2 years older. I chose this van because of the styling and the price. I never thought after 22 mos. I would be looking for a new car again. I will never buy another Chrysler.

Do not buy this van!
By ccc on 06/20/10 07:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Problems, problems and more problems. Read the reviews. We had all the same expensive problems plus more. First month satellite radio and ves system needed replaced. The computer needed reset doors weren't working properly. Brakes, rotors, needed replaced, air conditioning broke needed fixed. Not to mention the hours of driving back and forth 40 min to dealer to have things checked and then fixed. All the rental car fees I had to pay and the pure inconvenience. I don't think I have spoken to anyone who has not had the same problems. Do yourself a favor and do not buy this van.

Will never consider a Chrysler again
By Angie on 06/03/10 07:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this mini van because I have 3 children, ages 11-15 that are very active in sports, requiring us to travel a lot. Like everyone else, had to replace the brakes at 16,000 miles. About a month before the warranty ran out, I got a leak in the a/c and another leak in a transmission valve. I want to trade it in but am so upside down am afraid I will end up in worse shape than I'm in now. I have a 2000 Ford Expedition that has never required anything other than basic maintenance. I'm very very disappointed.

Chrysler needs to RECALL
By RBernard on 06/02/10 11:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am a single mom with three boys and purchased a brand new 2008 Chrysler Limited in October 2008. This was the most expensive vehicle I ever purchased. This was also my third Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth van since 1999. In November 2009 I drove the van to Florida for Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving day the rear brakes seized and the following day a local dealer informed me I had to replace the brakes, rotors, pads and a caliper. This was $620.00 out of pocket. I love my van and the boys enjoy the DVD player. The van is very comfortable and I find there is plenty of leg room, even in the 3rd row. I have replaced the front brakes and now I am having issues with the A/C. Chrysler own up!

Town & Country Unreliable and Dangerous
By Unsatisfied Customer on 05/21/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 T&C (only 20k miles!) has had numerous transmission problems (won’t shift out of first gear, loud clunking noises, etc.). The latest issue is a loss of acceleration at highway speeds. The check engine light will come on and the car rapidly loses speed. Chrysler “can’t fix the problem” because they “can’t reproduce it” during test drives, even though the vehicle’s monitoring system returns several error codes. The dealer and manufacturer don’t want to “throw parts at the problem” and are unable to do anything else to fix it. Efforts to resolve this issue through Chrysler's Impartial Service Group have been ineffective.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.