2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Never again
By John C on 09/03/10 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This Town and Country design was horrible. We've owned 3 minivans from Chrysler and this weight ratio to brake pad design caused us to replace the brakes every 12K miles. To top it off, the brake pad extended warranty was voided for us because we went to Midas after we were tired of paying the dealer ridiculous rates. We will never buy another Chrysler product because of this experience and the subsequent experience with Chrysler Customer Assistance.

Warning! Loads of problems.
By K Smith on 08/27/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had brake work done early - like the others. Have had this work done under warranty so far: replaced radiator cap with faulty seal when overheating, refill freon & replace faulty hose when a/c quit, transmission software upgrades (3x's) because it clunks in/out of gear. Now has been in the service shop over 2 weeks for "Major engine problem" and failing wheel bearings. Also have had some minor electrical problems. Problems with door sliding (or not) open/close, that I forgot I need to tell the service guy until I read these reviews. Sure wish I'd read these 2 years ago, I'd be in a different vehicle.

Will never buy Chrysler again!
By Upset Customer on 08/26/10 09:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I wrote a review earlier on this purchase, 4 months after I purchased it. I feel the need to write another. Total problems=4 times to dealership for door alignment, they sprung my door in the process, motor on fan blown, front brakes replaced at 36,000 miles, transmission slips a lot, now front and rear brakes need to be replaced at 56,000 miles, front wheel bearings are shot and cant get any replacements, as of yesterday there are 4000 on back order through Chrysler and there are no after-market parts for this. It is a safety issue and Chrysler doesn't care. When my tires fall off going down the highway, Chrysler will care about the lawsuit they will have to deal with!

Omg! Do not buy this van!
By Karen on 08/11/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I don't even know where to begin. The first month I had this van, I was thrilled, and even wrote a good review here. Two years later, I'm ready to stop paying and let it get repossessed! Within 16,000 miles, my front brakes and rotors had to be replaced to the tune of $350 - and Chrysler said it was my driving habits? Well, a year later, they sent out a letter to everyone admitting that yeah, maybe there's a brake issue and they will reimburse everyone for repairs. While I'm waiting for that check, my brakes and rotors had to be replaced again - 21,000 miles later! But this time, it was my front and back brakes, so it cost me $600! Chrysler has a serious problem here.

Undecided
By SCHIZ on 08/11/10 06:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We just traded our 2004 Cadillac srx in for the 08 town & country. The van is fully loaded and has several nice options but we have already had to call aaa to have it started on 100 degree day. The key would not turn in the ignition, ended up disconnecting the battery and it worked. Now there is a rattling sound coming from the rear. It drives very smoothly on the highway, of course not as smooth as the Cadillac, but we are getting over 100 miles per tank better gas mileage on an 18 gallon tank. Only at 21k miles so warranty should cover the rattling sound. The interior is very nice looking but you can tell it is very cheap material.

Great Entertainment Package.
By BCarr on 08/07/10 10:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We have had 4 Chrysler/ Dodge mini vans (Ford, GMC also). The overall comfort and driving on the Town and Country was very good. The DVD/ TV/ Sirius etc is great but the van is not dependable, poor finish and too many noises that aren't supposed to be there. I am glad we bought the extended warranty! So far in two years we have replaced the gas tank (technician talk, sometimes things just break, can't really say why!), front rear brakes and front rotors, front bearings, replaced compartments to store headphones,adjusted sliding doors, radio/hard-drive, MP3 (that wasn't too bad, got an extra 6 mos subscription to Sirius!). Not worth the $38,000 we spent, will never buy new Chrysler again.

This van is a Headache
By sasa on 08/03/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I too own a 2008 Chrysler town and country van with the same issues as everyone else. The brakes/rotors are constantly grinding and squealing as if they need to be replaced but the mechanic says they still have plenty of life in them. When i did replace them, the noise subsided for a while then came right back. I recently changed the hub bearing to no avail and now I am considering changing the stabilizer bar; not sure. The ac does not cool well and there is clinking noises coming from the rear when i ride over minor road bumps. This van was very poorly manufactured. I am very upset because this was a recent purchase this year 2010. I too should have got the Honda or Nissan Quest.

Shacky Ground, VW, Toyota better
By kojef on 07/24/10 05:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

If you have a Young family this van is wonderful, but, I was very reluctant in leasing a gov't owned auto, and I was correct. It didn't take long for a _aw built vehicle to start squeaking and rattling. Multiple issues with side-slide door, twice replaced automatic door 'actuator'. Returning for a trip to s. C. The ac goes out, after repair, we find out this issue is on a recall list. Breaking has always been an issue, serious under breaking for vehicle weight. We have received a notice of 'break warranty extension', but we still have to pay for the break rotor and pads, $100. Chrysler has known about this cheep parts issue and won't man up and make a recall. Don't be afraid of a Toyota, we're not.

More problems than worth!
By Annfromjersey on 07/19/10 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Oh where should I start. Front & back brakes replaced, a/c hose, 3rd bench not locking in place, transmission slipping, squeaking noises from frame when you go over bumps, driver's seat broke the first day we got it home. Almost blew up the engine with a oil leak in the manifold. I never saw a drop in the driveway and oil light came on one time! More problems then my 12 yr old explorer! At least the brakes are being reimbursed! If I wouldn't lose so much money trading it in and still have car payments, I would trade it in. So far the dealership has been good with repairs.

Chrysler Builds Junk
By Joe D. on 07/18/10 08:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This was our second Chrysler van and will be the last. An absolute miserable experience that we will not repeat. Too many problems to write about; just read more of these reviews and you will know what I mean. We gave Chrysler a second chance after the first problem van we bought and it was a mistake. Chrysler management and the UAW should be ashamed of themselves for taking money for this junk; then act like it's business as usual. No wonder they are bankrupt. Got rid of the Chrysler and bought a Honda; nice to have a vehicle that can be trusted.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country in WA is:

$125 per month*