Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Never again!!
By jannag0713

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 T&C used with 17k miles.I now know why the previous owner ditched it!Since I bought it,the wipers come on by themselves (while driving & while parked), horn goes off constantly,van will crank itself w/out the key (I don't have remote start),van brakes on its own while driving, takes itself out of gear,won't crank 1/2 the time,washer fluid sprays on its own,passenger doors will only close 1/2 of the time by button (nothing in the way keeping it from closing).Took it to the dealership and was told I had a bad harness by driver door,after 3 days of them "looking."Replaced the harness and the next day same thing happened.Its now at a store parking lot because it won't crank!

I love the features in the van (it was the selling point) but what good are they if you can't drive your vehicle!!

Everything about this vehicle needs improvements. Considering Chrysler won't do anything about the issues I wouldn't buy another Chrysler! My husband also has a Chrysler and has issues similar to mine. His is a 1999, mine 2008-you'd think they'd have the "bugs" worked out by then!

Pass on this one
By dmmjsm

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our van brand new. It was one of the few models of cars that would accommodate the wheelchair lift my husband needed. We are now at 37,000 and are needing brake work for the fourth time. We have had to replace the rotors twice under warranty, then once just a few months ago. I was driving the other day and the entire brake panel lit up. I have to take the darn thing back up again, and I shudder to think how much it will cost this time. I am angry that a car we depend on for my disabled husband has had so many brake problems.

They did get a few things we really did like about this van. It is certainly very roomy and stylish inside. The floor board storage is wonderful, and being able to stow the seats is a great advantage. The seats are comfortable and a good size. The van rides very smooth, and has little noise. The separate air for the front and back is nice, as well as the stereo. Two glove boxes, lots of interior lights, lots of extras. We got ours in s gorgeous maroon color.

Again, huge brake issues. You never feel safe in a car that repeated has brake problems.

Good when no problems but not recommend
By akred2012

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2008 minivan in everything went well with it until 36000 miles which covers all warranty. After 42000 miles the BCM (Body Control Module) got problem. I started the van went out parking lot and turned left. Suddenly all the electrical things got blowing up. The honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on etc. The noise was too loud. It was keep going on. I switched off the engine and its still same problem (honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on). I disconnected battery negative terminal and everything got stopped. I called the dealer and they said the warranty is expired and I need to bear the cost of repair.

Cargo, Keys, Drive Comfort.

They should change the warranty from 36000 to 100000 in order to compete with other minivans. Anyway no more Chrysler next time.

Biggest Pile Ever
By shawnw1

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Don't know where to start. How about this; Never buy a Chrysler product in your life. Don't let the sleek design and cool interior fool you into believing this vehicle is anything other than a complete lemon. Chrysler refuses to recall the brakes on this car. I have to replace brakes twice a year on this vehicle. Even Chrysler mecahnics admit that the brakes were under engineered for the size of the vehicle. Coolent hoses brake, transmission is clanky sounding and the air conditioning is nothing comparable to other minivans. I have 28K miles on the car and just went out of warranty. The car is paid for, so it is the only reason I hang onto this dreaded piece of trash.

What a Lemon!
By smorris1979

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Oh Boy What a Lemon!!!!!!! Where do I start. I bought this van new in 2008. Ever since I have replaced brake pads annually. Rotors every other year. It has gone through two sets of new tires. It has numerous very serious recalls. Two new sets of front wheel bearings. The most recent major fix was this winter at 80,000 miles the head gaskets needed to be redone. Now the front struts are completely shot. This vehicle only has 90,000 miles on it. Too say this vehicle has been nothing but a stress would be an understatement. It has since purchase spent on average every 3 to 4 months in the shop for major fixes of one sort or another. Now struts. What are the odds if I just hold out these too will be recalled? argh!!!!!! A warning to anyone considering buying this vehicle used, do not Purchase. The only reason I have not sold or traded this vehicle in is I refuse to pass this lemon on and void the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Chrysler is gonna honor that for life and I'm not gonna let them off the hook for putting out such a piece of crap product by selling this POS to some poor unassuming sap who doesn't know better. :( :( Never will I buy another chrysler product and I have been a faithful chrysler owner for over 20 years.