2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
NERVOUS
By fyrewyngz on 03/15/11 18:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2008 T&C to replace a HORRID 02 Windstar that cost $$$ on repairs. It was recalled 12/2010 for rear axle. Ford didn't have parts so I drove a Sienna rental for 2.5 months. Hated the Sienna! Got my Windstar back. One week later the tranny blew! 127k miles! Traded for T&C. One week later I received another Windstar recall! Glad to be rid of it! T&C had 44k and in new condition. Runs great! Tranny is peculiar after sitting overnight. Shifts funny into 2nd but then is fine afterwards. So many negative reviews here make me nervous! Oddly, so many negative reviews have 3-4 stars! Hope I didn't make a mistake!

Jury is still out
By snoore on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall this is an excellent buy for the amount of money you pay. I think the leather seems very soft and that may be a problem with kids and that is the only reason I gave a score of 8 on interior. Similarly I think it should hold up but the exterior could have used better quality plastics. Overall performance on 4.0 engine, fun factor, the electronics on board are great, considering this is a mini-van. The doors were acting up but dealer is not trained well or they do not have a good problem database. My friend who has the same van showed me how to fix the problem by tightening a hex screw on each door - DONE. Need wider set of tires and need the spare tire in a better place - come on!

Transmission
By harley on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2008 town and country in may of 2008 with 65,000 miles on it. It now has 69,000 miles on it and the transmission is not working. Will have to spend between $1500.00 to $2500.00 to have it fixed. What a piece of crap! I guess I should have listened to myself and stuck with a Ford! Very disappointed in this vehicle!

Chrysler should have gone broke
By john on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Building vehicle like this they should be out of business. Breaks and tires had to be replaced b4 25,000 miles. The vehicle constantly squeaks and has more interior rattles than a babies toy. The shifter broke off at 18,000, and the air conditioner had a leak at 22,000 and the fuel mileage has never been close to advertised (average of 16.9) and dealership response is lacking at best. One constant problem has been break noise. It has been to several dealerships while under warranty (more than eight times) and they can't fix the problem. They keep calling it dust on the brakws, all I know is it's embarrassing to drive.

Best interior style of all mini vans
By steelhead on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Most other vans look like spaceships inside and out. The T and C has nice wood grain finish, well designed ergonomic controls, and Current body style is best in the class Has all the convenience factors- we have the swivel and go which the kids love Peppy motor with good mileage Reliable- no maintenance issues to date would buy it again

Jury is still out
By sunflwr on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased our 4th used town and country. Overall they have been reliable with minor problems. This one we purchased about 2 weeks ago, this morning I started the van and it turned on however no accessories would work. No wipers, doors, fan, or radio ( will fill you in on this in a bit). The VES system with the van is great, when it is not freaking out and deciding if it this will be the day it quits completely. So to everyone out there that has had problems with the electronics PLEASE report it to Chrysler so we can get a recall generated!

The Perfect Lemon
By Precious on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! Upgraded from a 1996 Pontiac Transport Se to a 2008 Chrysler Town and country brand new off the lot! Worse mistake I made in my life! At 300 miles transmission was slipping bad. Warranty replaced after about 18 times to shop! Brakes and Rotors have been replaced, gear shift has fallen off, lights go off when they want to. Doors lock 15 mins after take off and then today I find out I need to struts and shocks. Please save your money you will regret buying this vehicle. Never heard of a new car needing so much attention. My 96 has only needed minor maintenance! Oh and let me not forget that the a/c doesn't cool properly and always some type of recall! People run like hell!

No trust in Chrysler
By PO'd on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased in 2008, at 15,000 had brakes and rotors replaced, mygig system ceased and was told it would be 1269.00 to replace. Just replaced brakes and rotors again and also in the shop for calipers. So, even though cars in a junk yard have a radio if it gets a power supply, this 2 yr old vehicle doesn't have one. This is the worst vehicle I've ever had. I've been a loyal Chrysler/Jeep customer and will never purchase from them again! Customer service stated that I was out of my warranty to assist with the radio repairs and would not meet me 1/2 way either. All the electronic plugs are failing and backup camera has ceased as well.

Feeling Duped
By CJ Tucker on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 04 TC because we were having so many "unexpected" problems. Dealership even admitted that it must have been a "Friday" build. Now i wish we had kept the old one. We are under 30,000 miles, front and back brakes and rotors replaced, not at dealer, don't trust them, water pump replaced, radiator cap replaced. Now we are back in the shop because the electronic locks wont work, and there is a spot on the passenger side floor that is always wet. Plus the side doors are awful, always opening after you think they have been closed. Dealer admits that it was a bad design. So frustrated that i can't count on this vehicle. I have 4 little kids and thought i was paying for something reliable!

Best minivan I've purchases
By David York on 09/08/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

In 2 years I've had a few minor problems that were corrected by the dealership, but no major problems including the brakes. Original brakes are still in good condition. I believe most people who write reports are just the complainers and the owners who are satisfied with their vans do not write reports, because they are happy with their vehicles and don't bother writing a report.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.