Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Be Careful With Used Purchase
By airsense00

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We like the features of the van such as powered doors, captain seats, DVD players. The kids love the van and it is safe. However I greatly question the quality and reliability. With 70,000 miles on ours it literally eats 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles. No blue smoke, not leaking on floor. The first week we owned it the EGR valve went bad. The brakes are new so haven't replaced them yet in 6 months. Seems to wear the tires pretty quick. Sounds like a wheel bearing is going bad lately. The interior has some cheap spots as the handle for the gear shift fell off as did the sun visor. The gas mileage is averaging 18 mpg which is mix of town and highway. But the extended warranty for this one!

Style, Good with Kids, DVD player, functionality

Quality, reliability, gas mileage

hunk of junk
By rshelvay

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Do not buy this van!!!! i bought it in 2010 with 25,000 miles on it and within 300 miles of having it
the transmission died. Chrystler did repair it but i had to pay 500 dollars for it. At 35,000 miles my rear seat did not want to go down for stow and go and is stuck at a half cocked position. not to long after that the other seat is stuck at a half cocked posistion. i have had multiple roof leaks, at sunroof, break problems, rotar problems, tires seem to need replacing to often, i now have a major oil leak, the coolant starting to leak, the window went and got stuck shut, sometimes the heater wont blow on the window, the clock dont work, major delay on the radio turning on and much more

RUN AWAY!!!!!!
By rdawg3

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

3 Sets of brakes......All 4 wheels!
Electric rear seat repaired 3 times!
Still doesn't work.
Right front out drive replaced!
Now Heater Hoses need replace!
65,000 Miles..........
I have never believed the story about foreign cars being higher quality than American cars but, my neighbor bought a 2008 Honda Van 1 week after I bought my Chrysler, his has never been back to the dealer! I am feeling like I will pay for this van 2 times.
I guess I should not write this until I get rid of my van!

Rolls in and out of the stealership no problem!

Honda Odyssey!!!!

Lets be realistic
By khadra

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second 2008 town and country, both were preowned. Th first was LX trim and the current one is limited. I got the first minivan with 95 k and I sold it with 130k and 4 years of ownership. It was running solid but did not have a lot of options that we needed. Then two months ago I was able to spot a black 2008 tc limited. You can't beat the value of these minivans; the price of the minivan, oem parts and dealership labor and still under 17 K. Lets be realistic, maybe this minivan is not durable like a toyota, BUT you get huge savings and lot of features that you can't find with other manufacturers. It's not expensive to maintain the minivan and I believe reliable enough.

Swivel an go, center table. Sat tv with Disney channels. No need for DVDs Ownership cost is low, oil change is 17 $ at the dealership. I got this minivan with 98 k miles on it and replaced everything that assure me that it will give me trouble free 50 k and still it was cheaper than a 120k sienna or odyssey.

When you buy this car, specially used, be realistic. It could break down. I changed, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, pcv valve, front brakes and rotors, shocks, struts, flushed all the fluids including coolant, tranny, brakes, power steering. I did all that during the first 15 days of ownership. All oem and chrysler dealership labor except the brakes and rotors were after market. You will be surprised how much the oem parts is cheaper or comparable to after market. With this car, specially if you are handy, is cheaper to own than a toyota.

GOOGLE "TOWN & COUNTRY ENGINE SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING"
By katcreel

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2008 Town & Country shuts off while driving and I have no control of steering or braking. We have had it to car dealership and they say they have not heard of the problem and seem stumped. But if you google this subject you will find several similar complaints.
There is a recall for the ignition system, but this is not what's causing it in the 2008 and they can't figure it out. I have filed an inquire with Chrysler and waiting. We also have had to do break repairs about every 8 months. It's pretty on the outside, but I would NOT recommend this car.

DVD system is about the only thing that seems to work well in the car.

It seems cheap—improve quality of the products they put into the car and time in addressing serious concerns like a car randomly shutting down.