2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Buyer Beware Brake Life
By dimsum on 11/09/09 07:07 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a certified used 2008 T&C LX with 3000 miles in January. New brakes and rotors required at 17K miles. Based on other online reviews and some quick math, it became apparent we would have to pay for a complete brake replacement every 15K miles or so. Wear items are not covered under warranty so we were looking at a $800 hit every year. I can understand a brake replacement at 30-40K but not annually. Clearly there is a design problem with the 2008s. After much back and forth with the dealer and Chrysler corporate, we agreed to a $250 deductible. Once fixed, we traded in vehicle. Sorry Chrysler!

Stay Away!!!
By gmike on 10/12/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We leased a 2008 Town & Country and have had nothing but problems. Three days into the lease brakes made noise and stearing was off. We hadd to get new brakes, roters and a wheel alignment. Doors were opening on thier own or not closing. Drove to Florida, the radiator cap blew and radio would not work for 3 hours, radio stations change on thier own. The van is horrible and we are fighting to get out of the lease, the dealership was horrible, they are located in Jersey, they could care less that we had all the problems, they gave me a PT cruiser as a rental and made me change cars outside in a snow storm with a 3 year old and a 7 month old, no help and would not let me in the garage!!!

Done with American
By Jenn on 09/11/09 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van due to transmission issues with our 1998 Tahoe with over 150000 miles, thinking we could avoid repairs for some time. What a joke. First it was DVD/NAV system problems, then the AC, NAV again, Front brakes at 23000 miles, Folding seats don't come up, Transmission Valve body- while driving to Soccer Toury- I coach need to be there on time- Stuck me in match box car for rental with three children, luggage, and equipment. This was Friday, did not get van back for 6 days and had to drive over 150 miles to pick up. Now at 35000 the rear brakes need to be replaced- thing is they don't have an after market brake YET it will cost $195 for this. It makes me sick- Never again!!!!!!!!

Great For My Three Sons
By TOm on 07/21/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the 2008 T & C after talking ourselves out of the "Loser Cruiser" stigma. We have a2007 Durango, which is awesome, but not the family mover we needed. We traded my old sedan for the T & C and have not looked back. THe van is simply the most incredible, family oriented vehicle on the market. The DVD system is great for the boys (ages 4 and 2- year-old twins). After owning for a month we packed it up and headed ten hours south to Virginia Beach. Van performed great. We had it to the dealer once for a DVD door that was sticking when trying to close...Scranton Dodge swapped out the entire system and even changed the oil..on them! So far, van is exceeding our expectations.

No wonder they're bankrupt
By Davedough on 06/22/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van shortly after the arrival of our 2nd child. We figured we needed the room and went with the most popular model out there. One week after ownership, the tire monitor goes off and there's a leak in the rim. Dealer replaces the monitor. Week later, its back. Dealer fixes it. 2 months later, its back. Meanwhile, the side door has stopped closing all the way. Dealer takes 4 stabs at it before ordering all new mounting parts for the door. 15,000 miles into ownership and the brakes and rotors are so far gone that they are in need of $300 replacement. Dealer tells me its common for this van and I can expect that every $15,000 miles. Value dropped so now I cant sell it. Yay Chrysler

Junk!!!!!
By dino on 05/11/09 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Wifes car had several Chrysler minivans starting with the infamous 2.2L. This is the worst of the bunch. Less than 5000 miles from new. A/C stopped working, can't get key out half the time,several dead batteries, brakes are sqeaking,rides like crap,14 MPG in town,rubber peice on rear bumper warped have to push it down to open rear door.Would loose $5000 if traded in.Never/ever buy a Chrysler/Dodge product.......

Really a bad, bad minivan!
By Farfel on 04/13/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am sorry I ever bought this minivan. It was advertised by Chrysler to have power mirrors included as standard equipment, and it came without them. Chrysler will not install the mirrors at no cost to us, although it was advertised by Chrysler LLC.When I contacted Chrysler, (3 times) about no power mirrors, they told me it is the dealerships problem, however, the dealership and I agree, and we know it is Chrysler that is at fault. Chrysler will do nothing to remedy this problem, and I filed a BBB on the Chrysler LLC CO. and Chrysler would not even respond to this complaint. The body has an annoying rattle, and when you slow down to make a stop, it is audible. Also fluttering sound occurs.

Piece of Junk!
By James on 03/02/09 11:38 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

So, I traded in my Toyota Sienna to help the US economy and bought a Town and Country. Are you kidding me??? After 3 months and 2500 miles the following has already needed to be repaired. 1) Alignment was way off. 2) Gear shifter replaced (well not yet it is on back order!)Broken AND squeaks 3) Driver's side window regualtor. 4) Ignition modules with 2 keys. Key got stuck and could not remove. First one broke 5)Replaced and relubed hubcaps due to excessive noise. How am I supposed to feel for my family's safety?? What next? I am trading this piece of junk in for a Sienna. Oh, in case you are wondering, I bought this in November 08 for 20k after rebates...trade in value 2/08 13k!

not happy
By paul on 07/13/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The T & C gas mileage is really bad. The road noise is very loud, and my wife keeps asking if there is a hole in the muffler. The seats are very uncomfortable.

Not as nice as our 01 grand caravan
By bill on 07/12/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van is louder than my 1 ton truck. Dealer said they all sound that way. Interior gets to easily dirty and scuffed. Van gets not much more mpg. Than my 1 ton 4 wd truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.