Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Problems
By tess

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I like all the other t & c owners have had brake & rotor problems. I have 25,000 mi. & have had the car in for new front brakes & rotors. Now they tell me my rear rotors have rust & need to be replaced or I have to continue to listen to a very loud squeak. I don't get it, obviously they need a recall on 2008 town & country minivans. never will buy again.

Suggested Improvements

recall & check brakes & rotors

Disappointed
By mattcrys

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just like all the reviews before me. We had a lot of problems with rotors and brakes. We replaced brakes at 16,000 miles and just now at 47,000. I mean , come on! We have had many different vehicles before and never had to replace brakes like this.WE replaced rotors at 47,ooo miles also. At 35,000 we had to replace a piece in the transmission. My old Town and Chrysler was never this bad. Chrysler really needs to fix this problem.My touch screen radio and dvd player also was replaced at 20,000 miles, and sometimes when you start the van it won't come on for a few minutes. next time we buy, it won't be from Chrysler.

Favorite Features

DVD player for the kids

Suggested Improvements

Brakes , rotors, and quality.

POOCH!!
By my05hammer

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this mini van for my wife and 4 kids. It has the 3.3L V6 that is a TOTAL FRIGGEN DOG!!!! The real problem is the STUPID "fly by wire" throttle, if you mash the accelerator to the floor it only limps along and will NOT open up the throttle to 100%. I consider this a HUGE safety hazard. If you drive in heavy traffic you DO NOT WANT THE 3.3 L V6. It does not have the power to get out into traffic and up to speed in time to keep from getting run down by other traffic. Other than that, it's a mini van. I drove it from Illinois to Arizona, then up through Utah to Colorado and back to Illinois with the wife, 5 kids, and luggage on board. It was crammed but comfortable.

Favorite Features

Rear air. Ironically it's broken right now. Only had it a year and a half and the air quit already. Got to pay $100 to fix it cause its out of reg warranty and in extended warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Throttle calibration NEEDS to be increased!

Disappointed in the Chrysler! Not safe!
By disappointed

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

With the car less than two years old and only 14700 in miles, there was a pulsing in the brakes that resulted in having the front brakes replaced. At 16500 miles the back brakes need replacing and it needs two new front tires as well because the wheel alignment was to be checked during the 1st brake inspection-not done. All at our own expense! The dealership stated that the brakes may have been designed too small or incorrectly as to not handle the weight and size of the van and nothing to do with the warranty and the brakes are not covered.Chrysler has not shown any concern for safety of the van, nor a concern to get things fixed correctly. No concern in their own car! Disappointed!!

Favorite Features

Lots of interior storage

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler should show concern for safety of the van and a concern to get things fixed correctly. They need to stand behind their product!

Happy with Our Van
By Donny T.

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our van in august 2008. It is our first van and we bought it because we wanted to do some traveling. We live in Pennsylvania and just did our second round trip to central Florida. Its been fun to drive, smooth & reliable. The only problem weve had is the air stopped blowing cold on the way down. Fortunately it was just a line leak and it was fixed at the dealership in Winter Haven, fla in one day and the air was icy once again. We are very glad we bought this type of van and the first 20,000 miles have been great. Only slight disappointment is the gas mileage is not as good as chrysler said-about 22 on the highway and only 10-11 in the city.

Favorite Features

Seating pattern is great. antique looking dash lights are awesome. Also the grill has a cool sinister look to it!

Suggested Improvements

Just needed a better stereo system