Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Town-and-country - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

GOOGLE "TOWN & COUNTRY ENGINE SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING"
By katcreel

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2008 Town & Country shuts off while driving and I have no control of steering or braking. We have had it to car dealership and they say they have not heard of the problem and seem stumped. But if you google this subject you will find several similar complaints. There is a recall for the ignition system, but this is not what's causing it in the 2008 and they can't figure it out. I have filed an inquire with Chrysler and waiting. We also have had to do break repairs about every 8 months. It's pretty on the outside, but I would NOT recommend this car.

Favorite Features

DVD system is about the only thing that seems to work well in the car.

Suggested Improvements

It seems cheap—improve quality of the products they put into the car and time in addressing serious concerns like a car randomly shutting down.

Keep on cruizin!!
By travelbuddy36

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

An overall good family vehicle. I travel CONSTANTLY interstate, and I take the seats out and camp in it. I find the stow n go floor storage bins MOST HELPFUL, as I keep supplies in them and that saves more room. I tinted the sides and rear windows limo-tinting, to cut down solar ray intrusion. I really like the convienience of the overhead dvd player. ALL in all...i'm a big fan!!

Favorite Features

good gas miliage, overhead dvd player, sirius, outlets for rear riders....stow n go.

Suggested Improvements

NONE!!

best car I've ever owned
By vbishop1

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the van new. The only warranty problems I had were with the side mirrors, the side marker covers fell off and one mirror wouldn’t return after backing up, the dealer replaced one mirror and fixed the marker on the other. Chrysler had a recall on the front brakes at 18000 miles; the dealer replaced the entire front brake components. Other than those minor things it has been trouble free and dependable. I do make sure the regular maintenance is done on time, including a transmission oil change at 60000 mi. I drive to OK city regularly, a 16hr trip, it is a pleasure to drive and 25 mpg doesn’t hurt either. I would buy another in a second. I currently have driven it 69700 mi.

Favorite Features

We love the swivel seats and table. The kids use them all the time, especially at the beach and on long trips. The leather interior is very comfortable and tough. I have driven it in snow and soft sand, it is very sure footed. It holds a lot of cargo; we always pack for a trip like we are moving. It has lots of power. It is very quiet on the highway and a great sound system. The power adjustable pedals, for our shorter drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Put a dipstick in the automatic transmission filler. Use a tougher finish around the front media controls.

Has Been Reliable. Now with almost 80,000 miles on it.
By austin9690

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great van. It is the Walter P. Chrysler signature series with swivel n go. only replaced the rotors and brakes twice. The worst thing that has happened to are van in the 80,000 miles is we had to replace the radiator hose and that was only 125 dollars at the dealership with labor. there is one annoyance were the center stack has its paint wear away because of resting your hands there while on the Mygig. the dash speakers also destort when at high sound levels. the best fuel economy was 27.8 mile to the gallon coming from St Louis, MO

Favorite Features

Mgig, sound system, swivel n go, entertainment system, engine performance, ride quality and biuld quality.

Suggested Improvements

Interior paint on center stack.

Never again!!
By jannag0713

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 T&C used with 17k miles.I now know why the previous owner ditched it!Since I bought it,the wipers come on by themselves (while driving & while parked), horn goes off constantly,van will crank itself w/out the key (I don't have remote start),van brakes on its own while driving, takes itself out of gear,won't crank 1/2 the time,washer fluid sprays on its own,passenger doors will only close 1/2 of the time by button (nothing in the way keeping it from closing).Took it to the dealership and was told I had a bad harness by driver door,after 3 days of them "looking."Replaced the harness and the next day same thing happened.Its now at a store parking lot because it won't crank!

Favorite Features

I love the features in the van (it was the selling point) but what good are they if you can't drive your vehicle!!

Suggested Improvements

Everything about this vehicle needs improvements. Considering Chrysler won't do anything about the issues I wouldn't buy another Chrysler! My husband also has a Chrysler and has issues similar to mine. His is a 1999, mine 2008-you'd think they'd have the "bugs" worked out by then!