2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Good when no problems but not recommend
By akred2012 on 07/07/12 08:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2008 minivan in everything went well with it until 36000 miles which covers all warranty. After 42000 miles the BCM (Body Control Module) got problem. I started the van went out parking lot and turned left. Suddenly all the electrical things got blowing up. The honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on etc. The noise was too loud. It was keep going on. I switched off the engine and its still same problem (honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on). I disconnected battery negative terminal and everything got stopped. I called the dealer and they said the warranty is expired and I need to bear the cost of repair.

Biggest Pile Ever
By shawnw1 on 05/30/12 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Don't know where to start. How about this; Never buy a Chrysler product in your life. Don't let the sleek design and cool interior fool you into believing this vehicle is anything other than a complete lemon. Chrysler refuses to recall the brakes on this car. I have to replace brakes twice a year on this vehicle. Even Chrysler mecahnics admit that the brakes were under engineered for the size of the vehicle. Coolent hoses brake, transmission is clanky sounding and the air conditioning is nothing comparable to other minivans. I have 28K miles on the car and just went out of warranty. The car is paid for, so it is the only reason I hang onto this dreaded piece of trash.

What a Lemon!
By smorris1979 on 04/17/12 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Oh Boy What a Lemon!!!!!!! Where do I start. I bought this van new in 2008. Ever since I have replaced brake pads annually. Rotors every other year. It has gone through two sets of new tires. It has numerous very serious recalls. Two new sets of front wheel bearings. The most recent major fix was this winter at 80,000 miles the head gaskets needed to be redone. Now the front struts are completely shot. This vehicle only has 90,000 miles on it. Too say this vehicle has been nothing but a stress would be an understatement. It has since purchase spent on average every 3 to 4 months in the shop for major fixes of one sort or another. Now struts. What are the odds if I just hold out these too will be recalled? argh!!!!!! A warning to anyone considering buying this vehicle used, do not Purchase. The only reason I have not sold or traded this vehicle in is I refuse to pass this lemon on and void the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Chrysler is gonna honor that for life and I'm not gonna let them off the hook for putting out such a piece of crap product by selling this POS to some poor unassuming sap who doesn't know better. :( :( Never will I buy another chrysler product and I have been a faithful chrysler owner for over 20 years.

Total piece of junk!!
By kalena on 04/09/12 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 2008 Town & Country Touring minivan with the "Swivel & Go" seating. It is now 4 years old, and it is by far the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned!! There are so many problems with it, 700 characters isn't enough to cover all of them, so here's a summary: constantly needs new brake pads and rotors, leather seats are cracking (and this car is a garaged vehicle), dash clock on touchscreen has gone out twice, various parts of trim on interior and exterior repeatedly fall off, rear electric doors constantly breaking, multitude of engine problems - the list goes on. I will never purchase another Chrysler again!

Problem Vehicle
By jjc2008 on 03/16/12 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle new with a 6 yr warranty. If it was not for the warranty I would have gotten rid of it a while ago. There is a brake issue that causes the pads to stay pressed on the rotors thus reducing gas mileage, wears the pads and rotors yearly. It has cost me about $175 year due to my ability to changes the pads but a friend has been paying 350-500 a year for brake service. Chrysler will not acknowledges this issue even though the dealership is aware and everyone else. Steer clear of this years model. Also had a few thousand dollars of repairs which was covered by my warranty. Once the warranty is up bye bye van.

Do not buy
By psh5 on 09/03/11 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

As mentioned by another reviewer, I have had to replace the rear breaks twice with only 43,000 on the vehicle. Many electrical problems. Currently has an electrical issue that is messing with the starter, but the part is on back order, so I will just have to hope it keeps running until the part comes in. The button you push to change gears has broken twice. This is considered cosmetic under the extended warranty plan, and therefore is no longer covered. Front headlight cost $300 and four hours to repair.

Don't Buy This Van.
By mommymo on 08/26/11 08:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My van has only 33,000 miles on it. Rear brakes and rotors replaced last month for $500. Electrical would cut out until igition replaced (ran, but no wipers, turn signals, etc) and worked fine for a while. New problem: just shuts off while driving. Twice so far. As in NOTHING worked, including the steering. Yes, you read that correctly. Driving down the road then the thing shut off and there was NO STEERING. I have also had the problem with the sliding doors opening after they seem to be shut, but you can only shut them if the car is in park. Poor design feature to say the least. I will never buy Chrysler again. If I could afford to, I would get rid of this now. It is unsafe.

Terrible Vehicle
By erikpaco on 08/22/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have had all the same problems everyone else has complained about on here. Brakes replaced every year and now in for the brakes again. The part that makes it even funnier is that I had the transmission replaced about a year ago and it now has a hard shift problem and they are telling me that it is the software. I have to pay for the software updates on the transmission. Why would I need to pay for something that is a problem that I have no control of? Chrysler I thoguht was a high end vehicle manufacturer, I am finding now that is such a POC. The dealership has told me many times before that they couldnt find a problem when I brought it in before hand. DO NOT BUY!!

Regretting buying this vehicle
By msecrest on 06/28/11 06:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2009 as a second owner with 33,000 miles on it. Since then I have put ~50,000 miles on it. The van is comfortable and rides decent. It has plenty of storage space. Gas mileage is lower than I'd like at 19/23. Mechanically this vehicle has had nothing but issues. While some were recalled and fixed, others are not. Problems: 1 - it uses oil, about 1qt/1000 miles. This is a major issue with me. 2 - The sliding door hinges do not support the doors well. They start rubbing on the bottom guide. 3 - I've had it in for service on the engine 3 times. Currently in the shop with issues. For a top of the line minivan I expected the quality to be a lot higher.

T&C 2008
By soccer_mom1 on 05/27/11 20:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

What I dont like is that I have to replace the brakes every year and that is really $$$.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.