2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Be Careful With Used Purchase
By airsense00 on 07/08/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We like the features of the van such as powered doors, captain seats, DVD players. The kids love the van and it is safe. However I greatly question the quality and reliability. With 70,000 miles on ours it literally eats 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles. No blue smoke, not leaking on floor. The first week we owned it the EGR valve went bad. The brakes are new so haven't replaced them yet in 6 months. Seems to wear the tires pretty quick. Sounds like a wheel bearing is going bad lately. The interior has some cheap spots as the handle for the gear shift fell off as did the sun visor. The gas mileage is averaging 18 mpg which is mix of town and highway. But the extended warranty for this one!

hunk of junk
By rshelvay on 02/13/14 14:38 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Do not buy this van!!!! i bought it in 2010 with 25,000 miles on it and within 300 miles of having it the transmission died. Chrystler did repair it but i had to pay 500 dollars for it. At 35,000 miles my rear seat did not want to go down for stow and go and is stuck at a half cocked position. not to long after that the other seat is stuck at a half cocked posistion. i have had multiple roof leaks, at sunroof, break problems, rotar problems, tires seem to need replacing to often, i now have a major oil leak, the coolant starting to leak, the window went and got stuck shut, sometimes the heater wont blow on the window, the clock dont work, major delay on the radio turning on and much more

RUN AWAY!!!!!!
By rdawg3 on 01/21/14 12:25 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

3 Sets of brakes......All 4 wheels! Electric rear seat repaired 3 times! Still doesn't work. Right front out drive replaced! Now Heater Hoses need replace! 65,000 Miles.......... I have never believed the story about foreign cars being higher quality than American cars but, my neighbor bought a 2008 Honda Van 1 week after I bought my Chrysler, his has never been back to the dealer! I am feeling like I will pay for this van 2 times. I guess I should not write this until I get rid of my van!

Lets be realistic
By khadra on 09/14/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second 2008 town and country, both were preowned. Th first was LX trim and the current one is limited. I got the first minivan with 95 k and I sold it with 130k and 4 years of ownership. It was running solid but did not have a lot of options that we needed. Then two months ago I was able to spot a black 2008 tc limited. You can't beat the value of these minivans; the price of the minivan, oem parts and dealership labor and still under 17 K. Lets be realistic, maybe this minivan is not durable like a toyota, BUT you get huge savings and lot of features that you can't find with other manufacturers. It's not expensive to maintain the minivan and I believe reliable enough.

GOOGLE "TOWN & COUNTRY ENGINE SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING"
By katcreel on 08/01/13 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2008 Town & Country shuts off while driving and I have no control of steering or braking. We have had it to car dealership and they say they have not heard of the problem and seem stumped. But if you google this subject you will find several similar complaints. There is a recall for the ignition system, but this is not what's causing it in the 2008 and they can't figure it out. I have filed an inquire with Chrysler and waiting. We also have had to do break repairs about every 8 months. It's pretty on the outside, but I would NOT recommend this car.

Keep on cruizin!!
By travelbuddy36 on 05/13/13 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

An overall good family vehicle. I travel CONSTANTLY interstate, and I take the seats out and camp in it. I find the stow n go floor storage bins MOST HELPFUL, as I keep supplies in them and that saves more room. I tinted the sides and rear windows limo-tinting, to cut down solar ray intrusion. I really like the convienience of the overhead dvd player. ALL in all...i'm a big fan!!

best car I've ever owned
By vbishop1 on 05/01/13 10:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the van new. The only warranty problems I had were with the side mirrors, the side marker covers fell off and one mirror wouldn’t return after backing up, the dealer replaced one mirror and fixed the marker on the other. Chrysler had a recall on the front brakes at 18000 miles; the dealer replaced the entire front brake components. Other than those minor things it has been trouble free and dependable. I do make sure the regular maintenance is done on time, including a transmission oil change at 60000 mi. I drive to OK city regularly, a 16hr trip, it is a pleasure to drive and 25 mpg doesn’t hurt either. I would buy another in a second. I currently have driven it 69700 mi.

Has Been Reliable. Now with almost 80,000 miles on it.
By austin9690 on 02/17/13 20:27 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great van. It is the Walter P. Chrysler signature series with swivel n go. only replaced the rotors and brakes twice. The worst thing that has happened to are van in the 80,000 miles is we had to replace the radiator hose and that was only 125 dollars at the dealership with labor. there is one annoyance were the center stack has its paint wear away because of resting your hands there while on the Mygig. the dash speakers also destort when at high sound levels. the best fuel economy was 27.8 mile to the gallon coming from St Louis, MO

Never again!!
By jannag0713 on 09/16/12 20:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 T&C used with 17k miles.I now know why the previous owner ditched it!Since I bought it,the wipers come on by themselves (while driving & while parked), horn goes off constantly,van will crank itself w/out the key (I don't have remote start),van brakes on its own while driving, takes itself out of gear,won't crank 1/2 the time,washer fluid sprays on its own,passenger doors will only close 1/2 of the time by button (nothing in the way keeping it from closing).Took it to the dealership and was told I had a bad harness by driver door,after 3 days of them "looking."Replaced the harness and the next day same thing happened.Its now at a store parking lot because it won't crank!

Pass on this one
By dmmjsm on 07/24/12 08:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our van brand new. It was one of the few models of cars that would accommodate the wheelchair lift my husband needed. We are now at 37,000 and are needing brake work for the fourth time. We have had to replace the rotors twice under warranty, then once just a few months ago. I was driving the other day and the entire brake panel lit up. I have to take the darn thing back up again, and I shudder to think how much it will cost this time. I am angry that a car we depend on for my disabled husband has had so many brake problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.