2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
RUN AWAY!!!!!!
By rdawg3 on 01/21/14 12:25 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

3 Sets of brakes......All 4 wheels! Electric rear seat repaired 3 times! Still doesn't work. Right front out drive replaced! Now Heater Hoses need replace! 65,000 Miles.......... I have never believed the story about foreign cars being higher quality than American cars but, my neighbor bought a 2008 Honda Van 1 week after I bought my Chrysler, his has never been back to the dealer! I am feeling like I will pay for this van 2 times. I guess I should not write this until I get rid of my van!

Lets be realistic
By khadra on 09/14/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second 2008 town and country, both were preowned. Th first was LX trim and the current one is limited. I got the first minivan with 95 k and I sold it with 130k and 4 years of ownership. It was running solid but did not have a lot of options that we needed. Then two months ago I was able to spot a black 2008 tc limited. You can't beat the value of these minivans; the price of the minivan, oem parts and dealership labor and still under 17 K. Lets be realistic, maybe this minivan is not durable like a toyota, BUT you get huge savings and lot of features that you can't find with other manufacturers. It's not expensive to maintain the minivan and I believe reliable enough.

GOOGLE "TOWN & COUNTRY ENGINE SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING"
By katcreel on 08/01/13 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2008 Town & Country shuts off while driving and I have no control of steering or braking. We have had it to car dealership and they say they have not heard of the problem and seem stumped. But if you google this subject you will find several similar complaints. There is a recall for the ignition system, but this is not what's causing it in the 2008 and they can't figure it out. I have filed an inquire with Chrysler and waiting. We also have had to do break repairs about every 8 months. It's pretty on the outside, but I would NOT recommend this car.

best car I've ever owned
By vbishop1 on 05/01/13 10:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the van new. The only warranty problems I had were with the side mirrors, the side marker covers fell off and one mirror wouldn’t return after backing up, the dealer replaced one mirror and fixed the marker on the other. Chrysler had a recall on the front brakes at 18000 miles; the dealer replaced the entire front brake components. Other than those minor things it has been trouble free and dependable. I do make sure the regular maintenance is done on time, including a transmission oil change at 60000 mi. I drive to OK city regularly, a 16hr trip, it is a pleasure to drive and 25 mpg doesn’t hurt either. I would buy another in a second. I currently have driven it 69700 mi.

Biggest Pile Ever
By shawnw1 on 05/30/12 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Don't know where to start. How about this; Never buy a Chrysler product in your life. Don't let the sleek design and cool interior fool you into believing this vehicle is anything other than a complete lemon. Chrysler refuses to recall the brakes on this car. I have to replace brakes twice a year on this vehicle. Even Chrysler mecahnics admit that the brakes were under engineered for the size of the vehicle. Coolent hoses brake, transmission is clanky sounding and the air conditioning is nothing comparable to other minivans. I have 28K miles on the car and just went out of warranty. The car is paid for, so it is the only reason I hang onto this dreaded piece of trash.

Do not buy
By psh5 on 09/03/11 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

As mentioned by another reviewer, I have had to replace the rear breaks twice with only 43,000 on the vehicle. Many electrical problems. Currently has an electrical issue that is messing with the starter, but the part is on back order, so I will just have to hope it keeps running until the part comes in. The button you push to change gears has broken twice. This is considered cosmetic under the extended warranty plan, and therefore is no longer covered. Front headlight cost $300 and four hours to repair.

Jury is still out
By snoore on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall this is an excellent buy for the amount of money you pay. I think the leather seems very soft and that may be a problem with kids and that is the only reason I gave a score of 8 on interior. Similarly I think it should hold up but the exterior could have used better quality plastics. Overall performance on 4.0 engine, fun factor, the electronics on board are great, considering this is a mini-van. The doors were acting up but dealer is not trained well or they do not have a good problem database. My friend who has the same van showed me how to fix the problem by tightening a hex screw on each door - DONE. Need wider set of tires and need the spare tire in a better place - come on!

Feeling Duped
By CJ Tucker on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 04 TC because we were having so many "unexpected" problems. Dealership even admitted that it must have been a "Friday" build. Now i wish we had kept the old one. We are under 30,000 miles, front and back brakes and rotors replaced, not at dealer, don't trust them, water pump replaced, radiator cap replaced. Now we are back in the shop because the electronic locks wont work, and there is a spot on the passenger side floor that is always wet. Plus the side doors are awful, always opening after you think they have been closed. Dealer admits that it was a bad design. So frustrated that i can't count on this vehicle. I have 4 little kids and thought i was paying for something reliable!

Never again
By John C on 09/03/10 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This Town and Country design was horrible. We've owned 3 minivans from Chrysler and this weight ratio to brake pad design caused us to replace the brakes every 12K miles. To top it off, the brake pad extended warranty was voided for us because we went to Midas after we were tired of paying the dealer ridiculous rates. We will never buy another Chrysler product because of this experience and the subsequent experience with Chrysler Customer Assistance.

Shacky Ground, VW, Toyota better
By kojef on 07/24/10 05:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

If you have a Young family this van is wonderful, but, I was very reluctant in leasing a gov't owned auto, and I was correct. It didn't take long for a _aw built vehicle to start squeaking and rattling. Multiple issues with side-slide door, twice replaced automatic door 'actuator'. Returning for a trip to s. C. The ac goes out, after repair, we find out this issue is on a recall list. Breaking has always been an issue, serious under breaking for vehicle weight. We have received a notice of 'break warranty extension', but we still have to pay for the break rotor and pads, $100. Chrysler has known about this cheep parts issue and won't man up and make a recall. Don't be afraid of a Toyota, we're not.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.