Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Chrysler 2008 town and country a lemon
By Marti Baker-Mossman

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Driving this van is a bit scary. You never no when it will shut off and you lose your power steering and brakes. The engine lights comes on and stays on. The break lights come on and stay on. The airbag light comes on and stays on. The low traction lights come on when the engine dies. Sometimes it doesn't start for several tries. So far I haven't been rear ended! I have replaced tires, and both sets of breaks. I've had it just over 2 years. I've had 4 recalls so far, can't fix it locally and they will do it one at a time. The gear knob just broke on the inside and I have two kids wanting to drive. Need to get something more reliable!

Favorite Features

Kids love all the features. Swivel seats, leather heated seats, DVD, and mp3 capabilities, lighting, stow n go, individual air control and dual electronic door.

RUN AWAY!!!!!!
By rdawg3

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

3 Sets of brakes......All 4 wheels! Electric rear seat repaired 3 times! Still doesn't work. Right front out drive replaced! Now Heater Hoses need replace! 65,000 Miles.......... I have never believed the story about foreign cars being higher quality than American cars but, my neighbor bought a 2008 Honda Van 1 week after I bought my Chrysler, his has never been back to the dealer! I am feeling like I will pay for this van 2 times. I guess I should not write this until I get rid of my van!

Favorite Features

Rolls in and out of the stealership no problem!

Suggested Improvements

Honda Odyssey!!!!

Lets be realistic
By khadra

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second 2008 town and country, both were preowned. Th first was LX trim and the current one is limited. I got the first minivan with 95 k and I sold it with 130k and 4 years of ownership. It was running solid but did not have a lot of options that we needed. Then two months ago I was able to spot a black 2008 tc limited. You can't beat the value of these minivans; the price of the minivan, oem parts and dealership labor and still under 17 K. Lets be realistic, maybe this minivan is not durable like a toyota, BUT you get huge savings and lot of features that you can't find with other manufacturers. It's not expensive to maintain the minivan and I believe reliable enough.

Favorite Features

Swivel an go, center table. Sat tv with Disney channels. No need for DVDs Ownership cost is low, oil change is 17 $ at the dealership. I got this minivan with 98 k miles on it and replaced everything that assure me that it will give me trouble free 50 k and still it was cheaper than a 120k sienna or odyssey.

Suggested Improvements

When you buy this car, specially used, be realistic. It could break down. I changed, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, pcv valve, front brakes and rotors, shocks, struts, flushed all the fluids including coolant, tranny, brakes, power steering. I did all that during the first 15 days of ownership. All oem and chrysler dealership labor except the brakes and rotors were after market. You will be surprised how much the oem parts is cheaper or comparable to after market. With this car, specially if you are handy, is cheaper to own than a toyota.

GOOGLE "TOWN & COUNTRY ENGINE SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING"
By katcreel

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2008 Town & Country shuts off while driving and I have no control of steering or braking. We have had it to car dealership and they say they have not heard of the problem and seem stumped. But if you google this subject you will find several similar complaints. There is a recall for the ignition system, but this is not what's causing it in the 2008 and they can't figure it out. I have filed an inquire with Chrysler and waiting. We also have had to do break repairs about every 8 months. It's pretty on the outside, but I would NOT recommend this car.

Favorite Features

DVD system is about the only thing that seems to work well in the car.

Suggested Improvements

It seems cheap—improve quality of the products they put into the car and time in addressing serious concerns like a car randomly shutting down.

best car I've ever owned
By vbishop1

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the van new. The only warranty problems I had were with the side mirrors, the side marker covers fell off and one mirror wouldn’t return after backing up, the dealer replaced one mirror and fixed the marker on the other. Chrysler had a recall on the front brakes at 18000 miles; the dealer replaced the entire front brake components. Other than those minor things it has been trouble free and dependable. I do make sure the regular maintenance is done on time, including a transmission oil change at 60000 mi. I drive to OK city regularly, a 16hr trip, it is a pleasure to drive and 25 mpg doesn’t hurt either. I would buy another in a second. I currently have driven it 69700 mi.

Favorite Features

We love the swivel seats and table. The kids use them all the time, especially at the beach and on long trips. The leather interior is very comfortable and tough. I have driven it in snow and soft sand, it is very sure footed. It holds a lot of cargo; we always pack for a trip like we are moving. It has lots of power. It is very quiet on the highway and a great sound system. The power adjustable pedals, for our shorter drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Put a dipstick in the automatic transmission filler. Use a tougher finish around the front media controls.