Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Good when no problems but not recommend
By akred2012

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2008 minivan in everything went well with it until 36000 miles which covers all warranty. After 42000 miles the BCM (Body Control Module) got problem. I started the van went out parking lot and turned left. Suddenly all the electrical things got blowing up. The honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on etc. The noise was too loud. It was keep going on. I switched off the engine and its still same problem (honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on). I disconnected battery negative terminal and everything got stopped. I called the dealer and they said the warranty is expired and I need to bear the cost of repair.

Cargo, Keys, Drive Comfort.

They should change the warranty from 36000 to 100000 in order to compete with other minivans. Anyway no more Chrysler next time.

Don't Buy This Van.
By mommymo

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My van has only 33,000 miles on it. Rear brakes and rotors replaced last month for $500. Electrical would cut out until igition replaced (ran, but no wipers, turn signals, etc) and worked fine for a while. New problem: just shuts off while driving. Twice so far. As in NOTHING worked, including the steering. Yes, you read that correctly. Driving down the road then the thing shut off and there was NO STEERING. I have also had the problem with the sliding doors opening after they seem to be shut, but you can only shut them if the car is in park. Poor design feature to say the least. I will never buy Chrysler again. If I could afford to, I would get rid of this now. It is unsafe.

I am not picky about the little things. Good storage. Drives fine when working. Upholstery is holding up. It is inexpensive compared to other minivans.

It is just unreliable. As I type, it is in the shop for the latest electrical problem. Although I have the extended warranty and am under the mileage for the regular warranty, the time ran out in March so I will most likely be paying for this unless it is related to the last electrical repair. I like the service department at my dealership but this is my second Chrysler gone bad, even sooner than the first one. Done with this brand for good.

This van is a Headache
By sasa

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I too own a 2008 Chrysler town and country van with the same issues as everyone else. The brakes/rotors are constantly grinding and squealing as if they need to be replaced but the mechanic says they still have plenty of life in them. When i did replace them, the noise subsided for a while then came right back. I recently changed the hub bearing to no avail and now I am considering changing the stabilizer bar; not sure. The ac does not cool well and there is clinking noises coming from the rear when i ride over minor road bumps. This van was very poorly manufactured. I am very upset because this was a recent purchase this year 2010. I too should have got the Honda or Nissan Quest.

comfortable and spacious

Chrysler should re evaluate the overall quality, components, and systems of the vehicle before selling it to loyal consumers, or offer a lot of free recalls

Ridiculous
By 2flyqt

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a nightmare, it has been in the shop more times than I can count. I had to replace my brakes within 14k miles & it was not covered in my bumper to bumper warranty, if they would have worn out 1000 miles earlier it would have been covered! My AC broke within a year, and they refused to fix it, said it's not a covered part even though I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty that I paid for with my original financing. I have had a wheel bearing & hub replaced, it was covered but they still charged me the 100.00 deductible even those these are not normal things that would break within a year of having a car. Now i there is an electrical problem, unbelievable!

the car is comfortable, if the air worked it would be more comfortable!

The service department stinks & the warranty is the worst. If a car is new, everything should be covered that is not at fault of the customer.

Do not buy this van!
By ccc

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Problems, problems and more problems. Read the reviews. We had all the same expensive problems plus more. First month satellite radio and ves system needed replaced. The computer needed reset doors weren't working properly. Brakes, rotors, needed replaced, air conditioning broke needed fixed. Not to mention the hours of driving back and forth 40 min to dealer to have things checked and then fixed. All the rental car fees I had to pay and the pure inconvenience. I don't think I have spoken to anyone who has not had the same problems. Do yourself a favor and do not buy this van.