2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Good when no problems but not recommend
By akred2012 on 07/07/12 08:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2008 minivan in everything went well with it until 36000 miles which covers all warranty. After 42000 miles the BCM (Body Control Module) got problem. I started the van went out parking lot and turned left. Suddenly all the electrical things got blowing up. The honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on etc. The noise was too loud. It was keep going on. I switched off the engine and its still same problem (honking was loud, vipers front and back switched on, lights switched on). I disconnected battery negative terminal and everything got stopped. I called the dealer and they said the warranty is expired and I need to bear the cost of repair.

Don't Buy This Van.
By mommymo on 08/26/11 08:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My van has only 33,000 miles on it. Rear brakes and rotors replaced last month for $500. Electrical would cut out until igition replaced (ran, but no wipers, turn signals, etc) and worked fine for a while. New problem: just shuts off while driving. Twice so far. As in NOTHING worked, including the steering. Yes, you read that correctly. Driving down the road then the thing shut off and there was NO STEERING. I have also had the problem with the sliding doors opening after they seem to be shut, but you can only shut them if the car is in park. Poor design feature to say the least. I will never buy Chrysler again. If I could afford to, I would get rid of this now. It is unsafe.

This van is a Headache
By sasa on 08/03/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I too own a 2008 Chrysler town and country van with the same issues as everyone else. The brakes/rotors are constantly grinding and squealing as if they need to be replaced but the mechanic says they still have plenty of life in them. When i did replace them, the noise subsided for a while then came right back. I recently changed the hub bearing to no avail and now I am considering changing the stabilizer bar; not sure. The ac does not cool well and there is clinking noises coming from the rear when i ride over minor road bumps. This van was very poorly manufactured. I am very upset because this was a recent purchase this year 2010. I too should have got the Honda or Nissan Quest.

Ridiculous
By 2flyqt on 06/30/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a nightmare, it has been in the shop more times than I can count. I had to replace my brakes within 14k miles & it was not covered in my bumper to bumper warranty, if they would have worn out 1000 miles earlier it would have been covered! My AC broke within a year, and they refused to fix it, said it's not a covered part even though I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty that I paid for with my original financing. I have had a wheel bearing & hub replaced, it was covered but they still charged me the 100.00 deductible even those these are not normal things that would break within a year of having a car. Now i there is an electrical problem, unbelievable!

Do not buy this van!
By ccc on 06/20/10 07:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Problems, problems and more problems. Read the reviews. We had all the same expensive problems plus more. First month satellite radio and ves system needed replaced. The computer needed reset doors weren't working properly. Brakes, rotors, needed replaced, air conditioning broke needed fixed. Not to mention the hours of driving back and forth 40 min to dealer to have things checked and then fixed. All the rental car fees I had to pay and the pure inconvenience. I don't think I have spoken to anyone who has not had the same problems. Do yourself a favor and do not buy this van.

Problems
By tess on 05/04/10 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I like all the other t & c owners have had brake & rotor problems. I have 25,000 mi. & have had the car in for new front brakes & rotors. Now they tell me my rear rotors have rust & need to be replaced or I have to continue to listen to a very loud squeak. I don't get it, obviously they need a recall on 2008 town & country minivans. never will buy again.

Disappointed
By mattcrys on 04/13/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just like all the reviews before me. We had a lot of problems with rotors and brakes. We replaced brakes at 16,000 miles and just now at 47,000. I mean , come on! We have had many different vehicles before and never had to replace brakes like this.WE replaced rotors at 47,ooo miles also. At 35,000 we had to replace a piece in the transmission. My old Town and Chrysler was never this bad. Chrysler really needs to fix this problem.My touch screen radio and dvd player also was replaced at 20,000 miles, and sometimes when you start the van it won't come on for a few minutes. next time we buy, it won't be from Chrysler.

POOCH!!
By my05hammer on 04/11/10 21:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this mini van for my wife and 4 kids. It has the 3.3L V6 that is a TOTAL FRIGGEN DOG!!!! The real problem is the STUPID "fly by wire" throttle, if you mash the accelerator to the floor it only limps along and will NOT open up the throttle to 100%. I consider this a HUGE safety hazard. If you drive in heavy traffic you DO NOT WANT THE 3.3 L V6. It does not have the power to get out into traffic and up to speed in time to keep from getting run down by other traffic. Other than that, it's a mini van. I drove it from Illinois to Arizona, then up through Utah to Colorado and back to Illinois with the wife, 5 kids, and luggage on board. It was crammed but comfortable.

Disappointed in the Chrysler! Not safe!
By disappointed on 03/01/10 12:02 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

With the car less than two years old and only 14700 in miles, there was a pulsing in the brakes that resulted in having the front brakes replaced. At 16500 miles the back brakes need replacing and it needs two new front tires as well because the wheel alignment was to be checked during the 1st brake inspection-not done. All at our own expense! The dealership stated that the brakes may have been designed too small or incorrectly as to not handle the weight and size of the van and nothing to do with the warranty and the brakes are not covered.Chrysler has not shown any concern for safety of the van, nor a concern to get things fixed correctly. No concern in their own car! Disappointed!!

Happy with Our Van
By Donny T. on 12/19/09 23:33 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our van in august 2008. It is our first van and we bought it because we wanted to do some traveling. We live in Pennsylvania and just did our second round trip to central Florida. Its been fun to drive, smooth & reliable. The only problem weve had is the air stopped blowing cold on the way down. Fortunately it was just a line leak and it was fixed at the dealership in Winter Haven, fla in one day and the air was icy once again. We are very glad we bought this type of van and the first 20,000 miles have been great. Only slight disappointment is the gas mileage is not as good as chrysler said-about 22 on the highway and only 10-11 in the city.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.