Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 218 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Going Broke in Car Repairs
By Phil

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought at 20,00.00 miles. Have 104,000. 2 sets of brakes. Replaced air conditioning, Entertainment system is unrepairable, needs replaced~ no radio, CD player, DVD player, multiple electrical issues, Replaced 4 Batteries, replaced starter, 2 engine mounts,with two more that need to be replaced,4 calipers, tie rods, and after $900 in repairs last week, drove it 1 minute out of the shop and the transmission went. Needs a new transmission. I've never hated a car as much as this. Chrysler, if you read this I will NEVER EVER buy another Chrysler. Thousands in repairs. LOTS of stress with breakdowns. Do not purchase this van!!!

Horrible Van
By Rick

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Thankfully I purchased the bumper to bumper warranty when I bought the van new. I have had two engines put in and it still burns 1 quart per 1000 miles. The dealer says that is normal and acceptable. I can't list all the things that have gone wrong with this van. Even Worse it's like pulling teeth to get the dealer to fix it. Consumer Reports gave it the worst rating with all black dots, and they where right. Never buy Chrysler. They are junk and the service they provide is horrible.

Run away from this minivans
By Worst minivans

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Too many problems if you don't know how to do minor things like changing engine parts and brakes then you better have a lot of money to pay the shop because it will be one problem after another and Wil never ends. I will never never buy another Chrysler or nothing similar like dodge or anything that has Chrysler engine and transmission because theirs another van from vw that has Chrysler engine and transmission. Next vehicle will be Toyota or Honda minivan.

180K and going for another 200K!!!
By Mike Bradford

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2008 tc touring with 160K in early spring 2015 and bought it for right at 6,000 I guess bc of the migher miles. After purchasing it we put new yokahama tires H rated for that little extra security, all four brakes ,brake hoses , replaced plugs flushed coolant changed all wiper blades fixed the typical heater hose issue behind the exhaust manifold replaced the rear blower motor and changed the air filter as well as run nothing but Mobil 1 5w 20... I did this trying to start off with the van somewhat reliable so far I notice slight oil usage but considering the miles I'm not complaining it could be seeping from the rear main seal but not enough to make spots on the driveway. I bought an egr valve bc I heard that's a common failure but over all I think if you do good maintenance and replace parts as needed these vans can be great machines for a family. They are roolol affordable and just handy. We plan on dropping another engine and/or transmission in it and keep running it for a long time. Age doesn't bother me its more about maintenance and although the transmission does shift a bit goofy but seems to do everything its supposed to lol

Rear axle Brace keeps snapping at speed,
By Jessew

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle New,and now have 115K on it .The engine and transmission have been excellent,everything else seems cheaply built and falling apart..The most serious issue is that the rear axle brace that fastens the passenger side rear wheel to the body of the vehicle has snapped cleanly in two twice in the past 6 months,no idea why .The last time we were at 45 MPH,fishtailing all over the road, fortunate to bring it to a safe stop....and 600 miles from home..We were lucky to find a little local welding shop there , they added an angle iron to the tinsy little brace,welded it on and we returned home safely.....Chrysler designed a cutout hole into the brace ,probably to save a few pounds of metal ,that is where both breaks happened about 3 inches apart....we feel lucky to be alive.