EVERYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG WILL GO WRONG WITH THIS VAN
By denise2565 on
2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this 2007 town and country touring with all the perks, and the perks have turned out to be the worst headaches. Catalytic converter replaced in 2011, O2 sensor in 2012,doors repaired, multiple electrical system failures( take it in and chrysler says they can't reproduce the issue). Brakes constantly have to be replaced. Didn't pass emissions in 2011, 2012 without the major repairs (catalytic and O2 sensor), just today didn't pass emissions again. More big repairs to come I'm sure, but I've learned my lesson.Chrysler, never again. When I've checked on recalls, haven't found any. I know I can't be alone. If I'm constantly having problems, many others must be.
Favorite Features
I don't really have a favorite feature because of all the problems I have. I suppose the DVD player would be if it worked consistently. It was replaced just a few months after I bought it.
Suggested Improvements
Stop making such a cheap product and charging so much. Just a note about other issues that werent covered: dome lights melted less than a year of ownership, mechanical driver seat broken, armrest vinyl cracked at year 4,radiator replaced year 5. I could go on and on. Very thankful for the people who have had no problems. I often wondered if maybe the van came from Louisiana after the hurricane, because only seemed like a "new" car for maybe a year. Chrysler shouldn't be allowed to get away with this poor craftsmanship. Totally frustrated and tired of pouring money into this van.
By newtonv
on 04/12/13 08:47 AM (PDT)

our is with the transmission from day one and after the 3ed time we said that we were going to fill the lemon law then they said thay fixed the problem but did not now we have and failing transmission and they still will not take care of the problem. I'm with you i will NEVER EVER buy another Chrysler

By kpare19
on 07/03/14 10:16 AM (PDT)

to Denis2565: my 2007 T&C mini van has had exaclty the same problems as yours, as well as it always being low on oil but never has a leak. I am currently trying to get an inspection and once more the engine light is on about catalytic and O2 sensor and i have replace it twice. I have brought the issues to the dealer since i bought the vehicle and nothing. I think there are more of us out there with the same complaint (i did read many of the same) maybe we can get a class action lawsuit started.