Used 2007 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Electrical prob.
By Electical prob.

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since my wife and I bought this van the electric doors, windows, back hatch went out. the A/C needs to have work done. and engine light always coming on and off. we only got 20K miles on it now I bought it overseas while in the military on a small island but with the prob. we have had you wouldn't expect from a new low mileage Chrysler. Oh and they use thin rotors on the vehicle so be ready to change them every 10-15K miles.

Favorite Features

stow n Go is nice but the sides of the captain seats are plastic, the cup holders are cheap.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical, engine, Gas Mileage, use more durable parts not thin cheap plastic.

Never buy a Chrysler again in my life!
By familyoffive1

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Electrical problem: intermittent shuts down air conditioning fan, windshield wipers, power Windows, radio, DVD player and power outlets. Dealer switched ignition switch. Problem is back. Trying to fix it again. Also, computerized module went out about day 10 of owning it. Maybe it's a dealer issue and not a Chrysler but after the reviews I have read. I don't think so. Trying to work with Chrysler to resolve the issues. Will update Post to let you know how that works out. Any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks :)

Favorite Features

Not sure I can bring myself to actually say anything positive right now about this vehicle :(

Suggested Improvements

basically, everything!

Intermittent Electrical Problems
By familyoffive

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Air conditioning fan, radio, DVD player, power outlets, automatic windows and windshield wipers will shut down intermittently then, if we shut off the van, the things not working come on again (but the van ignition is still in the "off" position) then a little while later, no telling when, it all pops back on again. Sometimes the power flickers. Honda dealership (where we bought it) replaced ignition switch. Same problem back again. Any suggestions/similar experiences?

Favorite Features

Interior is very nice, leather seats, DVD player, nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system. (I've seen other reviews out there with this same problem dating back to 2002) I wish Chrysler would have dealt with it back then and it wouldn't be happening on this 2007 van :(

Not happy
By odgers

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler Town and Country Touring. Top of the line. It has been nothing but problems. The Dealership I bought the car from changed from Chrysler to Nissan, Wonder why? So now I have to drive further away to get car serviced, which cost me more money in gas and miles on my car. etc, My dad was a mechanic, my brother in law is a mechanic, so it not like I do not know cars. All kinds of problems with squeaks, screeches of brakes it is horrible, I am embarrassed when I pull up next to someone. Just horrible. I went to have them checked they tell me not making that sound now, canít fix, itís the brake pad has metallic metal or something my god itís a $36,000.00 vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Review whole system, top to bottom

Town and Country
By Janice Berger

2007 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My van is pretty good. It's base but that's all I really need. For it being a base it's pretty good, good gas mileage, good space. The interior and comfort could be a little better, it's build quality is good and it is very reliable. My husband loaded a go-kart after taking out my seats in my van and there was still room for 4 more passengers! It's pretty good. I would recommend it to anyone:)

Favorite Features

Electric Hatch

Suggested Improvements

Comfort on the second row captain seats