2007 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Intermittent Electrical Problems
By familyoffive on 07/26/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Air conditioning fan, radio, DVD player, power outlets, automatic windows and windshield wipers will shut down intermittently then, if we shut off the van, the things not working come on again (but the van ignition is still in the "off" position) then a little while later, no telling when, it all pops back on again. Sometimes the power flickers. Honda dealership (where we bought it) replaced ignition switch. Same problem back again. Any suggestions/similar experiences?

Not happy
By odgers on 07/15/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler Town and Country Touring. Top of the line. It has been nothing but problems. The Dealership I bought the car from changed from Chrysler to Nissan, Wonder why? So now I have to drive further away to get car serviced, which cost me more money in gas and miles on my car. etc, My dad was a mechanic, my brother in law is a mechanic, so it not like I do not know cars. All kinds of problems with squeaks, screeches of brakes it is horrible, I am embarrassed when I pull up next to someone. Just horrible. I went to have them checked they tell me not making that sound now, can’t fix, it’s the brake pad has metallic metal or something my god it’s a $36,000.00 vehicle.

Town and Country
By Janice Berger on 07/13/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My van is pretty good. It's base but that's all I really need. For it being a base it's pretty good, good gas mileage, good space. The interior and comfort could be a little better, it's build quality is good and it is very reliable. My husband loaded a go-kart after taking out my seats in my van and there was still room for 4 more passengers! It's pretty good. I would recommend it to anyone:)

Total trash
By shep on 07/02/10 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new and I always take it in for regular service. I have had nothing but constant problems with it. The trans slips, a/c problems, steering column noise, ignition key switch replaced, suspension bushings replaced, plus much more. The van has been towed in more times than I want to remember. All I can say is do not buy a Chrysler - total trash!

Disappointed working mother of two
By karen dalhart on 06/29/10 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Only bought this vehicle with a little over 17k miles. To date has been nothing but a hassle just trying to figure out what the problem is. Appears in order to find out the whining, hesitation and lack of getting up and go when you first start off, you have to replace a half of dozen parts to get to the real problem. The more research we do only believes us to one thing - big lemons. If anyone knows of an actual website for Chrysler that allows you to voice your opinion about their product please let us know. Now we know why American made vehicles are being replace by foreign vehicles - quality does count.

Piece of junk
By disgruntled on 06/23/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We've always had Chrysler minivans since they first came out and have had pretty good luck with them, but this machine fell completely apart at 65,000 miles. All brakes needed to be completely replaced and the a/c has cost $2,000 so far and even with another $1000 they don't think they can get it fixed. Now the cooling fans for the motor won't work. We love Stow and go, but will give it up not to have these kinds of problems again. Beware!

Nice, but watch the engine
By Randall S. Brown on 06/15/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would like to get better mileage but this is a people hauler. We owned a Town & Country prior and ran it up to 150k only changing brakes and one AC before the brain went out. This vehicle we have had for 8 months. Now has 44k miles and I'm noticing it is using a significant amount of oil between oil changes. Now I've found this is common for the 3.8 motor. It wasn't common for the 3.3 but the 3.3 was short on power. Be sure you are ready to add a quart of oil every 2 or 3k miles after you get to 44k.

I love my soccer mom van
By jen on 06/08/10 06:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van. The stow and go is awesome. I bought a 26 cubic foot fridge and it fit! I even got a huge patio set that was already together with all 6 chairs that cant fold and the umbrella and base in it.

Love my Town & Country
By chunt on 04/02/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 7th Crysler min-van since 1992. The first 5 were company vans. I drove each one of the company vans 90,000 to 110,000 miles with just one transmission repair. The only other maintenance on the company vans were brakes, tires and 5000 mile oil changes. I love my 07 van. It is comfortable, drives smoothly and does fairly well on gas. Being able to put a 4X8 sheet of plywood in the back is great. I truly love the van on trips, with all of the room and comfort.

No more chrysler's
By Jerome on 02/12/10 10:41 AM (PST)

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 35000 mi the air conditioning was repaired four times.The tie rods and bushings were replaced twice.The second time parts were back ordered.I guess everybody was having tie rods replaced.At 64000 the front end rattles again but parts are no longer covered by warranty.I also had to have power steering fluid flused and changed to hopefully silence a noise that has been there since new.Sounds like the power steering pump may be next.I am surprised customer safety isn't important enough for Chrysler to recall steering related parts.Chryler also refused to pay for tires worn out by faulty tie rod ends and bad bushings.Overall this vehicle has soured my taste for chrysler products.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.