Used 2007 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

fantastic van
By snowsnake3

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My t/c was bought new in 2007 and it's my 2nd chrysler van. It's fabulous, front brakes at 56,000. Tie rod end 35,000 and recall on the a/c at 45,000. City mileage is 19-20 and on the freeway at 70-75 mph it gets 27+. What else could you ask for??? Ride great, handling great, value great. I've been reading the other negative reviews and I can only surmise that either they don't know how to drive or they make up stories to just get themselves posted. I have talked with oodles of Chrysler 2007 T/C van owners in my business and they give 5-stars reviews. As far as other reviewers, "something smells fishy" with their comments. Go buy your foreign junk, don't support the USA. And don't crab

Favorite Features

the fold down seats and the large capacity rear which holds 4 x 8 sheets

Suggested Improvements

find a better place for the spare tire.

American made crap
By momiam

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 07 brand new after only buying Honda's and there is no comparison, the Chrysler is total Junk! I have 85,000 I have to replace brakes every 10,000 miles, it's had 3 tie rods replaced first was done under 10,000 miles! It has every problem you can imagine! Leather seats cracked within first year, burns a lot of oil, eats brakes, electric doors always broken, and on, and on, and on!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Copy off the other countries, they do heck of a better job!!

King has fallen
By King has fallen

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a Chrysler thinking we went to quality and reliability. Within 10k miles the electric sliding doors failed. After replacing the "parts" once, we now rely arm strength to open the doors. Brakes have been replaced numerous times. The interior sounds like you are in an airplane, NOT quiet at all. It's amazing that the price of these, from the one time "top" manufacturer are built so cheap and not worth the money. We will steer away from all Chrysler products in the future.

Favorite Features

Stow n Go

Suggested Improvements

Take a lesson from your competitor..."Built Tough, Ford Tough". Stop trying to squeeze a nickel and build a strong reliable vehicle for the American public who work to damn hard for their money to have to settle for this.

It's been a great car
By Xcoto

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've had next to no trouble with this van, our first minivan, and have had no major work done on it. I'm just now at 58,000 miles looking at a break job. I find it fun to drive with plenty of pickup, and it has shorter turning radius than our Jeep Cherokee did. The electric side sliders and rear door have been a great feature, too, since we let our dog out to run alongside in remote areas.

Favorite Features

The stow n go seats are the greatest thing, and were the immediate selling point for us. Very useful.

Suggested Improvements

Those same seats need their folding fascia parts to be made of stronger stuff. The interior plastic is too flimsy. And although our cup holders on the middle seats have not broken, I consider that a minor miracle.

No Chrysler ever again in my life!
By familyoffive1

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just in case anyone else comes across these intermittent electrical issues, RUN! Contacted Chrysler who was completely unwilling to help because they couldn't reproduce the problem while in their possession. For crying out loud, it's an intermittent problem! Definition of intermittent, duh! So, anyhow, they refused to try and fix anything because they couldn't get it to repeat. Honda dealer did actually keep looking and replaced an ignition switch and ignition lock but after all the crapola we had to deal with, we decided to trade it in for a new Honda. Good riddance! I will NEVER own a Chrysler again in my life!

Favorite Features

While the interior does look nice, it doesn't help if the stupid thing doesn't run! To boot, the rental van we took on our trip was a 2010 Dodge Caravan wasn't much better and that's a 2010!

Suggested Improvements

Do away with Chrysler! they were unwilling to fix anything because they couldn't find the problem. To me, that's not a solution and it's like saying, "I know you have an issue but we just can't find it so we just can't fix it" doesn't comfort a family about to take a trip with the van!