Used 2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Town-and-country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Problems - what do you expect?
By vongoebel

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our vehicle new, only 5 miles on it. I had to replace the front brakes after 13,000 mi. and every 6-8 mo. I need to replace the pads and sometimes rotors. I've got it down to 20 min each side. I just replaced the radiator 3 mo ago, had the transmission filter and oil changed twice, and keep up on the oil change. The vehicle is a machine that needs maintenance. My van has on it today over 168,880 miles and it still runs strong. This is my first Chrysler and will not be my last. With the miles on it my problems are nothing to complain about.

Favorite Features

The engine is great. The power and reliability surpass my expectations. I frequently travel to LA from the Bay area. I can get to Pasadena on one tank of gas and I travel at 75 mi on cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes wear out way too fast.

Total trash
By shep

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new and I always take it in for regular service. I have had nothing but constant problems with it. The trans slips, a/c problems, steering column noise, ignition key switch replaced, suspension bushings replaced, plus much more. The van has been towed in more times than I want to remember. All I can say is do not buy a Chrysler - total trash!

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Build a quality, reliable product

Piece of junk
By disgruntled

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We've always had Chrysler minivans since they first came out and have had pretty good luck with them, but this machine fell completely apart at 65,000 miles. All brakes needed to be completely replaced and the a/c has cost $2,000 so far and even with another $1000 they don't think they can get it fixed. Now the cooling fans for the motor won't work. We love Stow and go, but will give it up not to have these kinds of problems again. Beware!

Favorite Features

Stow and Go is wonderful. Wish we could find another car with a feature like that.

Suggested Improvements

Back sliding doors have always been hard to operate and have gotten more difficult over time. Back hatch now has a "hitch" in it and is hard to open too.

I love my soccer mom van
By jen

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van. The stow and go is awesome. I bought a 26 cubic foot fridge and it fit! I even got a huge patio set that was already together with all 6 chairs that cant fold and the umbrella and base in it.

Favorite Features

Stow and go. Captain chairs in 2nd row- keeps the kids away from each other so they can't hit each other!

Suggested Improvements

Some jerk cut me off and I had no choice but to slam on my brakes and now the abs light is on and the brakes locked up. Now I have to replace the sensor.The cup holder in the 2nd row broke off. They aren't built to take any kind of beating and with a mini van should be built for kids

What a great car
By Bev

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this vehicle! It is so comfortable, and for a van, the gas mileage is very good (at least 20 mpg).

Favorite Features

power seats, tape player, easy to flip down 2nd and 3rd row seats for cargo.