Used 2007 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Good Value and Dependability
By jeniphish

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car used in March of 2011 with about 60,000 miles. In the 3+ years since then it has been driven all over the US and parts of Canada and it has about 159,000 miles. All we've had to do is change the oil, get a tune up, and replace the spark plugs and brake pads (oh, and new tires, of course!). The interior is good, spacious enough for a couple of long family trips with our four teenage boys (3 of whom are 6'4" or taller). The middle seat cup holders broke almost immediately, but that is just a minor inconvenience. The rest of the interior has held up very well! Overall, it's been reliable and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Entertainment package and the remote with wireless headphones.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was a port to connect iPod or other MP3 player. Making the fold out cup holders more sturdy. Illuminate the buttons on the steering wheel controls.

Problems - what do you expect?
By vongoebel

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our vehicle new, only 5 miles on it. I had to replace the front brakes after 13,000 mi. and every 6-8 mo. I need to replace the pads and sometimes rotors. I've got it down to 20 min each side. I just replaced the radiator 3 mo ago, had the transmission filter and oil changed twice, and keep up on the oil change. The vehicle is a machine that needs maintenance. My van has on it today over 168,880 miles and it still runs strong. This is my first Chrysler and will not be my last. With the miles on it my problems are nothing to complain about.

Favorite Features

The engine is great. The power and reliability surpass my expectations. I frequently travel to LA from the Bay area. I can get to Pasadena on one tank of gas and I travel at 75 mi on cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes wear out way too fast.

WI love w5it!!
By mamahunsicker

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this minivan a few days ago and I love it. I love how it handles, the stow 'n go seats are an added bonus and it is in great condition!!

disappearing oil & 2 many catalyic converters
By kpare19

2007 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

since the purchase of my T&C mini van, oil has always been low after riding ~2000 miles. and i don't mean a quart down, its always 5 quarts. I have complained to the dealer from day 1. they looked for leaks had me change a pump, some values. and then after my warrante was up they told me i should replace something major in the engine. I believed it should still be warranteed because for 3 years they hav ebeen trying to solve the problem but they refused to do so. Now, in 2011 i change the catalyic converter in order to pass inspection $$$$$ In 2012 the engine light came on again for the same, i got it change again. it is now 2014 and it will not pass inspection because of the same issue.

Suggested Improvements

there are many post about the same issues with this vehicle and we are all being screwed. i think it is time we get a class act lawsuit together. looking to do so.

EVERYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG WILL GO WRONG WITH THIS VAN
By denise2565

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2007 town and country touring with all the perks, and the perks have turned out to be the worst headaches. Catalytic converter replaced in 2011, O2 sensor in 2012,doors repaired, multiple electrical system failures( take it in and chrysler says they can't reproduce the issue). Brakes constantly have to be replaced. Didn't pass emissions in 2011, 2012 without the major repairs (catalytic and O2 sensor), just today didn't pass emissions again. More big repairs to come I'm sure, but I've learned my lesson.Chrysler, never again. When I've checked on recalls, haven't found any. I know I can't be alone. If I'm constantly having problems, many others must be.

Favorite Features

I don't really have a favorite feature because of all the problems I have. I suppose the DVD player would be if it worked consistently. It was replaced just a few months after I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making such a cheap product and charging so much. Just a note about other issues that werent covered: dome lights melted less than a year of ownership, mechanical driver seat broken, armrest vinyl cracked at year 4,radiator replaced year 5. I could go on and on. Very thankful for the people who have had no problems. I often wondered if maybe the van came from Louisiana after the hurricane, because only seemed like a "new" car for maybe a year. Chrysler shouldn't be allowed to get away with this poor craftsmanship. Totally frustrated and tired of pouring money into this van.