Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Want to love it
By MrsBiss

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 3.8L 2006 T&C w/26k and put over 40k more on it within the past 2 yrs. A few weeks ago my enginr started making a noise when I started it and it lasted until it warmed up. Can't figure out what it is???? Then last week my water pump started leaking, we replaced it ourselves, but the other noise is still there. We have a feeling it's the power steering, reading all of the reviews on this vehicle. BUT all-in-all I love my van!! It's spacious, gets great gas mileage (22+/gal w/daily driving), has a LOT of pick up, and comfortable to drive. I drive to Pittsburg frequently and never get stiff from driving. I just wish they would put better quality parts in them.

Better parts quality, make the power steering and water pump recall items

Hoped for more
By theron

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted a newer American mini-van my wife could count on. Got the best us auto maker brand. The kids love the room. Great storage front to back. Stow-n-go is awesomely useful. But lots of little problems started coming up by 2008. Steering sloppy/harsh. Passenger sliding door lock stopped working. A/c stopped working this week (recharging failed, looks like evaporator bad, which means entire dash comes out $800 and it may still not work.) resale value stinks - went from $24k to $7k in 4 1/2 years. Leery of taking long trips now. Looks like I'm headed to Honda and Toyota minivans to pay more. Hope to keep them longer! Still driving 97 Civic w/almost no problems to date. Hmm.

cargo room and stow-n-go seating

reliability warranty

Great van
By margo

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We traded a 2005 conversion van for this one, great deal. We love the stow n go feature, great ride, handles very well, good power with 6 cyl engine. I carried 6 very BIG people in the van,total weight of 1500 lbs and it ran beautifully for 200 miles to the airport. great hidden storage and carrying capacity. I can get 21 mpg in city with careful acceleration, and avoiding jackrabbit braking and acceleration. I get 27 mpg on highway by driving at 65- 68 mpg using cruise. Compared to our conversion van which got 15 mpg on the highways, I am a very happy mini-van owner.

stow n go and roof rack, hidden storage

Make a Chrysler van look more impressive than a dodge van.

Never Thought I'd Love A Minivan...
By I'mABeliever

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We traded a Cadillac SRX in for our T&C and have not been disappointed since. We needed more room and we certainly got it! There are so many features to love about this van, that make it an extremely practical and fun vehicle to own. We have had several small problems with the van since owning it, but we also realize that it was used when we bought it! My complaints: the small motors- such as the windshield wipers and window motors, and the brakes. We have had multiple issues with our brakes from sensors going bad, to pads, etc. I do not "ride" my brakes, and while I do understand that it is a heavy vehicle, I did not expect to be continually having this much brake work done at only 40k mi.

Engine strength, Stow-N-Go seating, automatic sliding doors and hatch, cargo space, comfortable ride, etc etc etc! Love it!

Brake issues, small motors-windows, windshield wipers, rubber seals.

Mixed Bag
By Thoslib

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I am happy with the vehicle. Some minor things: Not enough interior lighting on doors, buttons, Passenger side door lock does not interact with auto lock. Can carry a ton of stuff and is perfect for family trips/ outings. Drive is smooth and satisfactory.

Cargo room, satelite radio, stow n' go.

Interior refinements...center console should be standard.