2006 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Worn Out Brakes
By page9018 on 09/09/08 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall am well satisfied with the van. Love the disappearing seats! Gas mileage: 19-20 city, 22-24 highway. 35,000 miles and it needs new front pads and rotors ($284). Not what I was expecting!

Horrible brakes, very poor gas mileage
By george on 08/14/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new June 06 has the 3.3 L v6 short wheel base model. The gas mileage is terrible 15 freeway i couldn't believe it, my wife drives the car mostly and drives with the kids in the car. The front brakes squeak and make grinding noise a lot of brake dust, get very hot and wear out every 20,000 miles like clock work. The rack and pinion power steering was replaced at 25,000 miles, passenger sliding door power lock replaced at 30,000 miles, transmission shifts hard you feel every shift. Dealer has answer for all, everything is normal, front brake noise and wear normal, 15 mpg freeway normal. I think the dealer is full of blank. last Chrysler i buy. Dont buy a town & country

Brakes last 12K Miles
By MIles on 07/24/08 03:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We chose the town and country because it was the only Minivan i fit into comfortably (6'4"). We have grown to really love it and I particularly love the stow and go seating. However, it has been the least reliable car I have every purchased. The in the first 18 months of ownership we had to replace one tail light twice and the other once. The e-brake sometimes "snaps" and needs to be re-engaged (Dealership could not do anything about this) and the two front brakes wore down to the metal in about 12K miles and 20 months (warranty is 12K miles and 12 months). The dealership told me I should expect the brakes to wear out significantly faster than Honda, Toyota, or Nissan.

Air problems
By trixieb on 07/14/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had it with Chrysler, I have had window switches, gascap, door locks rack and pinion, and now air conditioner will not work, only 2000 miles out of warranty, Chrysler will pay for parts if you call and complain enough, but takes forever to get parts, 10,000 on order, if they are having that much of a problem I think they should do a recall, but if you are having problems call and call they will send parts for you and all you will have to pay is the labor, which by the way, costs way too much! I hope this helps anyone with same problem

Nice minivan
By DJ on 07/10/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have over 31,000 miles on the van since fall of 2006, and there hasn't been one issue other than a replaced gas cap. It provides a comfortable ride, especially on long road trips. Good power outlets for the kids. The van gets better-than-expected gas mileage on the highway: around 27 mpg (even with 4 adults, 2 kids and luggage in tow). When driving on short trips around town, we get about 19 mpg. Not great, but still good considering the vehicle's size and carrying capacity.

2006 Town & Country
By 2006 Town & Country on 06/23/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Good Car Except For Gas Mileage. When new got 20 mpg average. Now i get 13 mpg average. Its been to the dealer 8 times and i'm fed up. They tell me that nothing is wrong yet gas mileage dropped 7 mpg for no apparent reason. No Satisfaction from Chrysler so now I'm done with Chrysler.

Poor quality
By Deb H on 06/12/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have replace motor to window on Right side. motor to left sliding door, while under warranty, Now at just over the 40,000 mile mark the left window is acting up the rear vent windows are acting up. the r sliding door doesn't work. Now I have no air conditioning. Come on Chrysler do something about this, please. I spoke to the dealership recently, they may offer a discount on repairs but no guarantees as of now.

Mostly Happy
By Base Model Buyer on 04/15/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is only my second new car & I am pleased for the most part. I love the style, inside & out. The van has been pretty reliable but I had to replace brake pads at 36,000 miles (I drive in Atlanta traffic, but don't ride my brakes). At 70,000 miles, the driver side CV Axle broke internally (boot not torn at all); had to tow van home & replace. The passenger side is popping; plan to replace this week before I get left on the side of the road again. Maybe a recall is necessary, since the dealership parts guy admitted that he's sold allot of them? The lifters are noisy, maybe I should try a higher octane gas, as a previous review suggests? Hard to, with gas prices the way they are...

Excellent Choice - Highly Recommended
By Bay Area T&C Driver on 03/21/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are very happy with our 2006 Town & Country - great design and truly the best value for the money. For whatever reason they don't have our short-wheel base model in the latest (2008) T&C, the design also took a step backwards. We prefer our "bubble" design look. The fuel economy of the 3.3 L engine is better than of its competitors (even the Honda Odyssey), but we barely get 20 mpg on average out of it. The motor is responsive and well- balanced. So far no issues with it. The only design flaw we found is an unusual brake configuration: Our minivan has disk brakes on front and drum brakes on back - most brake job places have an "all disk brakes" in their database!

bad brakes
By jat co on 03/09/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 24,000 I have had to have my front brake pads replaced - from what I am hearing and reading, this is consistent with the Chryslers - original brake pads no good. New ones should last longer - are made better. What's with Chrysler!!!!! So disappointed. No, I am not hard on brakes and do not drive with one foot on the brake. Guess if you want brakes on a Chrysler to last, do not drive in town!!!!!! Never buy another Chrysler.......Sure am glad I bought the 100,000 mile warranty - what's to expect next.............

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.