2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
I like it so far
By Kia on 06/17/09 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had my van for about 7 months and my family and I enjoy it, i have not had any problems so far exspecialy not to complian about

Short Wheel Base & Great Family Carrier
By Chris on 06/05/09 16:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler's decision to drop the entry- level, short-wheel-base version of the minivan is a truly stupid decision. It may help standardize manufacturing, but neglects fundamental demand for that solution. We are fortunate to have gotten one of them (a great 2006 Town&Country) new for a very good price (under $14k), and cannot envision to get a newer model to fit in our tandem garage. Now, I also cannot find a single new model for less than $20k, and that includes fire-sales at axed Chrysler dealerships (6/2009). Like ours... We average between 19mpg and 21mpg (purely freeway) with the 3.3L motor, and never had any problems. Just had it in for the 36k inspection. A perfect family carrier

Excellent Choice
By Don on 06/01/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever ridden in. The bucket seats in the front and middle row are wonderful...closest thing to sitting in my living room as I've ever gotten. Vehicle is responsive and handles well for a SUV/VAN. Good visibility. Lots of electrical outlets and cup holders. Love the backing-up warning system.

iffy
By vic on 04/07/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After a couple of weeks of driving this car the brakes did not feel right,squealing.. I replaced myself and turned rotors my self. Hopefully the brakes I put on last longer. Have a warranty now but it has a two hundred dollar deductible. After reading all the reviews I will buy a better warranty and next time in about five years I will be buying a honda....what is up with the drivers side front seat it just stays in the up position ..

Great Van!
By Linda DiMichelle on 02/05/09 01:45 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Honda Odyssey before this that went through two transmissions, ate dvd players, rotors and pads were replaced every 5k miles. No problems what-so-ever with the Chrysler. Great Van. I would recommend it to anyone. Great service. Washed my van when I came in for my first oil change. Never go back to Honda

Power sliding door problems galore
By Usedtobeloyal on 01/12/09 15:22 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the van and the power sliding doors and rear hatch are great for dropping the kids off at school. I do not think that Chrysler chose the best possible design as the rear hatch has been repaired twice and between the 2 sliding doors there have been 6 repairs. Plastic trim pieces on stow-n-go seats as well as driver seat have broken in just normal use. Engine and drive train are working great as a matter of fact if it weren't for all the power door problems I would have given the van a 10 for reliability. Paid for features should last as long as the vehicle.

Not a perfect vehicle
By Darrel on 11/28/08 05:51 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth vans for many years. Currently have 51000 on this T&C and have had too many problems with it. Under warranty: driver power window motor, tie rod end (was not lubed at factory), battery, and insturment panel lights. After warranty: battery went out again, power steering pump, and water pump. Why do both of these pumps fail after only 51000 miles? Service writer said they cannot replace 2nd battery even though it was within the 24 month free replacement period because I was over the 36000/3 years and the original battery had been replaced under that warranty. Very unhappy with reliability!

Used to love my vans
By Mom with Van on 09/29/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd TnC van and it has many comfortable features that make long trips possible for a family of 6. I'm happy with the larger 3.8 engine for acceleration and the mileage is OK at 19 mpg in town 21 on hwy. I do Love the stow and go bins. However, the AC went out at 18k miles (a known Chrysler issue & a 2wk back ordered wait for parts). Now 2 mths later the passenger sliding door motor is shot, the dash board lights are flickering like a strobe light, & a strange new humming in back? All under warranty, but also under 27k driven. What's next! Yes, the factory brakes are garbage and need replacing entirely too soon. Don't wait if they squeak at all or new rotors will be in your future

2006 touring bad gas mileage etc
By 2006 town & Country on 09/29/08 06:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Chrysler van I have 25Kmiles so far. always gotten expected gas mileage with others, this one is horrible 12.5 mpg in city and i do not drive any differently than other van. took it back 5 times, told me must be the fold and go seating, ridiculous.should be at least getting 16 (sticker is 18 and 25.) I might get 20 on the highway if lucky. Sunroof leaks, shorted out upper gauges. can't fix. Also, power steering keeps slipping been fixed 3 times. when it rains I go slow for of losing my power steering. this has almost caused several accidents. Thank God it's leased and have only 12 months left will never buy one again. I feel sorry for the person that gets this hunk of junk.

Piece of Junk
By Vandriver on 09/26/08 21:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

What doesn't break on this thing. In 46K miles the rear liftgate motor had broken, the dvd navigation unit won't read disks, the AC died, the windshield wiper motor died, the power lock solenoids are screaming, arm rest broke, rear suspension rubber stop fell off, 6 disc changer lost a channel, lower driver's and side door rubber seal fell off, dash speaker died and all the shocks/struts have worn out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.