2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Want to love it
By MrsBiss on 05/15/10 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 3.8L 2006 T&C w/26k and put over 40k more on it within the past 2 yrs. A few weeks ago my enginr started making a noise when I started it and it lasted until it warmed up. Can't figure out what it is???? Then last week my water pump started leaking, we replaced it ourselves, but the other noise is still there. We have a feeling it's the power steering, reading all of the reviews on this vehicle. BUT all-in-all I love my van!! It's spacious, gets great gas mileage (22+/gal w/daily driving), has a LOT of pick up, and comfortable to drive. I drive to Pittsburg frequently and never get stiff from driving. I just wish they would put better quality parts in them.

Hoped for more
By theron on 04/09/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted a newer American mini-van my wife could count on. Got the best us auto maker brand. The kids love the room. Great storage front to back. Stow-n-go is awesomely useful. But lots of little problems started coming up by 2008. Steering sloppy/harsh. Passenger sliding door lock stopped working. A/c stopped working this week (recharging failed, looks like evaporator bad, which means entire dash comes out $800 and it may still not work.) resale value stinks - went from $24k to $7k in 4 1/2 years. Leery of taking long trips now. Looks like I'm headed to Honda and Toyota minivans to pay more. Hope to keep them longer! Still driving 97 Civic w/almost no problems to date. Hmm.

Great van
By margo on 03/18/10 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We traded a 2005 conversion van for this one, great deal. We love the stow n go feature, great ride, handles very well, good power with 6 cyl engine. I carried 6 very BIG people in the van,total weight of 1500 lbs and it ran beautifully for 200 miles to the airport. great hidden storage and carrying capacity. I can get 21 mpg in city with careful acceleration, and avoiding jackrabbit braking and acceleration. I get 27 mpg on highway by driving at 65- 68 mpg using cruise. Compared to our conversion van which got 15 mpg on the highways, I am a very happy mini-van owner.

Never Thought I'd Love A Minivan...
By I'mABeliever on 01/12/10 10:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We traded a Cadillac SRX in for our T&C and have not been disappointed since. We needed more room and we certainly got it! There are so many features to love about this van, that make it an extremely practical and fun vehicle to own. We have had several small problems with the van since owning it, but we also realize that it was used when we bought it! My complaints: the small motors- such as the windshield wipers and window motors, and the brakes. We have had multiple issues with our brakes from sensors going bad, to pads, etc. I do not "ride" my brakes, and while I do understand that it is a heavy vehicle, I did not expect to be continually having this much brake work done at only 40k mi.

Mixed Bag
By Thoslib on 01/03/10 11:22 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I am happy with the vehicle. Some minor things: Not enough interior lighting on doors, buttons, Passenger side door lock does not interact with auto lock. Can carry a ton of stuff and is perfect for family trips/ outings. Drive is smooth and satisfactory.

average van
By firefighter4u on 12/23/09 20:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Had the van for 2 years until my son wrecked it in to a ditch. Air bags went off and he was not hurt, however a minor wreck into a ditch "totaled" the car to my dismay. I had 65,000 miles on it. Power steering leaked, noisy breaks, but in all, a decent vehicle for a van.....

5th T & C and Still Pleased!!
By ajs on 11/03/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of Chrysler minivans and while not perfect, I have no major complaints. Can't beat the room, ride, comfort and fuel economy package. 26 mpg highway/21 city. I run full synthetic oil in my vehicles and strongly recommend if you want the best mileage and long-term engine benifits. I strongly recommend the extended warranty. My advice to SUV users who never see dirt roads...This is a great alternative. Have just over 30k now and have "not" needed new brakes. If you are heavy on the gas pedal and heavy on the brakes, you will run through "shoes" as it is a heavy vehicle. It should be considered as a heavy-duty station wagon and "not" and SUV. This is a great family car!!

Disappointed
By Kristine on 09/14/09 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My van has about $46,000 miles on it and the A/C quit working. To fix it will cost $1,100 - not something I'm willing to do on a 3 year old van. Also, the sliding automatic door/lock quit working - that was $250 to fix. Just replaced brakes which seems early to me, but find it's pretty common with these vans. I was told that the outer tie rod ends should be replaced soon for about $285. I've owned several cars and have never had to replace tie rod ends in the past. This will be my last Chrysler product and the sooner I get rid of this one, the better. Gee, I wonder why American car manufacturers are going out of business.....

I trust the engine and thats it.
By omughal on 08/15/09 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Most taxi drivers use this vehicle in Texas and say engine usually goes to 300000+ miles but transmission only good to 120000. I've had a power steering problem within 2 yrs of new which I had to pay $250 to fix - apparently not under warranty. Electric door locks on one side stopped working after 1 yr. I had to replace battery after 3 yrs. Our 3 kids have given the car a battering on the inside but vast majority of trim still good. My next car will be a Honda or Toyota.

Dependable and Comfortable
By stump69 on 07/12/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The 2006 Chrysler Town & Country that we've had for nearly 4 years as of this writing, has been the most dependable of all the cars I've bought in my 40 yrs. of driving. In nearly 70K miles, I've had one tail-light burn out and that's all! It has a classy design, comfortable roomy interior and ours has the popular entertainment package that I really enjoy: AM/FM/Cassette/CD/Sirius/DVD all in one handy head unit. An absolutely brilliant combination. We- re never at a loss for entertainment on my commute of on family trips. It also averages 24.1 MPG combined city/hwy driving. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for style, comfort and dependability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.