Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Town-and-country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Dogs and I love this van
By Lab Van

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my Town and Country. Handles great.Comfortable seating. Power when needed.Front brakes had to be done at 30k.I did purchase the extended warranty but so far so good. I had the middle row seat taken out as I bring my Labrador's to the lake or trips with us.

Favorite Features

Comfort in seating. Easy to get in and out of. Power when needed.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned brakes should have lasted.

Can't get the airbag light off
By Colleen Marlewski

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase this vehicle new and have had it serviced for the airbag light coming on many times. The light comes back on before I make it home! The dealer never told me that while the light is on the airbags will not deploy if you get into an accident. 4 years down the road and a new dealer before I was told about the danger, parts have been on order this time since April 2010. Calling Chrysler consumer hot line doesn't seem to help. They say they'll check on things and call you back but they don't. I'm getting frustrated. How long do I have to wait for a part? In the meantime I'm driving a unsafe car.

Favorite Features

Love the heated seats, Sirius radio, temperature display, stow n' go seating

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a heads up display. Wish the stow n' go seats were easier to put away

Never again
By TCSguy

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van in 2007 from a Chrysler corporate fleet. Since then, it's gone through 2 power steering pumps, 1 rack&pinion, the sway bar and end links, a ball joint and the DVD player. It goes through brakes every 20K and now has a brake vibration that the dealer can't figure out. It pulls to the right and the dealer (Danbury Dodge/Chrysler in CT) told me "they all do that a little". Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. Even so, the sway bar and end links were not covered under the supposed "bumper to bumper" extended warranty. I'm a slow driver and I've never gotten more than 20 mpg from it. I'd never buy another Chrysler or anything from Danbury Chrysler/Dodge/Hyundai/Kia

Favorite Features

The DVD player was nice but it broke. I ran out of room above. The power doors are nice but one of the motors had to be replaced. One of the door latches also needed to be replaced. the evaporative emissions pump failed and was not covered by the extended warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Try to build a better car. I am disgusted with this piece of junk. I'm buying a Toyota or Nissan next time.

Brake issues
By HKM

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part I have really enjoyed this van. The paint job isn't great. I bought it new and it seems like any small bump will chip the paint. My biggest problem is the brakes with about 75000 miles I am already for my third new set of front brakes. The back which I had checked recently are fine. Have read other complaints about this and think something must be wrong. Otherwise I really haven't had to do much with the van other then regular maintenance.

Favorite Features

space

Suggested Improvements

brakes, paint quality

Bought Used, Very Happy
By HappyasLarry

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Needed family vehicle following job transfer to US. Previously would not have considered Chrysler. Tested numerous 2nd hand Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Chrysler T&C. Liked the T&C best, looks, comfort, fully loaded, and price. Like it more and more each ride. Been long distance, camping, around town, and always happy. Bought at 20K miles, now just under 50K miles. Brakes will need doing soon DIY). Water pump went on trip to Canada, and had to resort to dealership. Few minor issues with right sliding door.

Favorite Features

The room, ergonomics and visibility. Vehicle also handles smooth and is a pleasure to drive

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really, perhaps better floor mats for winter slush.