2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Can't get the airbag light off
By Colleen Marlewski on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase this vehicle new and have had it serviced for the airbag light coming on many times. The light comes back on before I make it home! The dealer never told me that while the light is on the airbags will not deploy if you get into an accident. 4 years down the road and a new dealer before I was told about the danger, parts have been on order this time since April 2010. Calling Chrysler consumer hot line doesn't seem to help. They say they'll check on things and call you back but they don't. I'm getting frustrated. How long do I have to wait for a part? In the meantime I'm driving a unsafe car.

Never again
By TCSguy on 09/06/10 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van in 2007 from a Chrysler corporate fleet. Since then, it's gone through 2 power steering pumps, 1 rack&pinion, the sway bar and end links, a ball joint and the DVD player. It goes through brakes every 20K and now has a brake vibration that the dealer can't figure out. It pulls to the right and the dealer (Danbury Dodge/Chrysler in CT) told me "they all do that a little". Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. Even so, the sway bar and end links were not covered under the supposed "bumper to bumper" extended warranty. I'm a slow driver and I've never gotten more than 20 mpg from it. I'd never buy another Chrysler or anything from Danbury Chrysler/Dodge/Hyundai/Kia

Brake issues
By HKM on 07/29/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part I have really enjoyed this van. The paint job isn't great. I bought it new and it seems like any small bump will chip the paint. My biggest problem is the brakes with about 75000 miles I am already for my third new set of front brakes. The back which I had checked recently are fine. Have read other complaints about this and think something must be wrong. Otherwise I really haven't had to do much with the van other then regular maintenance.

Bought Used, Very Happy
By HappyasLarry on 07/28/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Needed family vehicle following job transfer to US. Previously would not have considered Chrysler. Tested numerous 2nd hand Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Chrysler T&C. Liked the T&C best, looks, comfort, fully loaded, and price. Like it more and more each ride. Been long distance, camping, around town, and always happy. Bought at 20K miles, now just under 50K miles. Brakes will need doing soon DIY). Water pump went on trip to Canada, and had to resort to dealership. Few minor issues with right sliding door.

Better than Reported
By leesvan on 07/11/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van new. Its the second one. Had a 2001 LXi. It was much more plush than this Touring model. However, it has been trouble free to date except the front brake discs & pads needed replacement at 30,000. The 2001 brakes lasted 60,000 but they had original ceramic all around. That convinced me of the value of ceramic. Now for the good points. Most of miles are on the highway where believe it or not I drive at 67-70 mph and get from 24.5 to 31 mpg. Believe it. This van with a 3.8 L V6 gets better mileage on the highway than advertised for medium sized sedans. I must add that the 2001 van only had a electric window mechanism go bad and I was "talked" into replacing the water pump.

Love this Car!
By ilovethiscar on 06/28/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought one of these after we rented one to make our annual drive from Ohio to North Carolina. I fell in love with the Town & Country on that trip-- nimble handling, incredible comfort, easy to drive, tons of room, easy stow- away back seats. The one I bought is just as great. I love this car! Have had zero problems with it, and I've owned it for 4 years. I would never buy any other van but a Stow & Go Town & Country. The new 2010 model is supposed to have less engine power than my 2006, so I'm not trading in. If you're in the market for a Town & Country, I'd highly recommend a fully- equipped 2006 Limited with Stow & Go seating. Best road trip and everyday car EVER.

Great car couldn't ask for better
By Mda377 on 06/23/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first Minivan and it won't be our last, My family and I bought a used 2006 T&C and so far it is the nicest most comfortable "car" we have ever owned, we thought about the Honda and Toyota but the perks of this van won out and we went with chrysler and we are so ever glad we did. The Dvd sound system is amazing and the power doors are so helpful when you have your hands full of baby items, even the stow and go compartment makes a nice little "toy box" to keep the car neat and clean but the kids have plenty to do on those long road trips we love to take every year. My husband loves the look of the Town and Country it was easy to see why this was a smart purchase for our family.

Lots of Issues
By Dontbuythisvan on 05/27/10 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my van, I had previously owned two other Plymouth Voyagers and a PT Cruiser. It was a big change going for the PT back to a van. It stalls out a lot. One time it even failed when I was backing down a steep hill and I had to throw on the parking brake to stop. My complaints are the sunroof stopped working, the stereo is cheap, and it had poor reliability.

Used T&C Touring
By Craig D on 05/26/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van after our 3rd Chrysler van was totaled in an accident. We could not be more pleased with vehicle. Excellent road trip vehicle with kids. Stow N Go seating is the best. Never had trouble with transmissions on any Chrysler products. Perfect for family.

Want to love it
By MrsBiss on 05/15/10 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 3.8L 2006 T&C w/26k and put over 40k more on it within the past 2 yrs. A few weeks ago my enginr started making a noise when I started it and it lasted until it warmed up. Can't figure out what it is???? Then last week my water pump started leaking, we replaced it ourselves, but the other noise is still there. We have a feeling it's the power steering, reading all of the reviews on this vehicle. BUT all-in-all I love my van!! It's spacious, gets great gas mileage (22+/gal w/daily driving), has a LOT of pick up, and comfortable to drive. I drive to Pittsburg frequently and never get stiff from driving. I just wish they would put better quality parts in them.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.