Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

What happened Chrysler?
By smichals

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Trouble from the beginning. Motors on sliding doors have been replaced - twice on passenger side. Brake problems - air conditioning not cooling adequately. Loose piece on steering column - told that it was supposed to be that way. Our 2001 T&C has same piece and no rattling. Trouble with tire, from beginning - they just would not listen to me. Getting ready to take back in, because the sliding doors are not working correctly, yet! Very discouraged. Chrysler, please take this van back. CD player has issues and they want me to remove and send to Chrysler - who are they kidding?

Stow and Go and DVD system.

I think that they have made them in the 2008 model. We'll see. I want to sell this one and see what the 2008 is like.

both cv joints fell out at 39000 miles
By diappointed

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The van did not get the fuel mileage it is advertsised to get, not even close, the road noise is so bad it makes the ride unbearable, the right cv joint fell off with no warning that it was even going bad, the left cv joint reported by dealer to be bad but it is not leaking grease and the boot is still intact- the ball bearings have flat spots on them

really found none at this point of ownership, have had the van 1 year and can't wait to get rid of it

better warranty, more reliable parts, more insulation against road noise, tell the truth about the fuel mileage

2006 Town & Country
By dkgunte

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Loved this car from the first time I drove it. We moved from Maryland to Colorado in March 2006 and drove 1700 miles across country. The 2 things that helped most were the integrated DVD and Sirius radio. I love being able to listen anywhere, and the DVD keeps the kids entertained when we cannot think of anything to do while driving. Got around 24mph loaded down on the highway (a little better then I expected).

Very quiet ride, appealing interior, CD, DVD and Sirius.

As everyone else says gas mileage. Although I am getting 20 in town and 24-26 on the highway.

Great Soccer Mom Vehicle!
By ec97

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the van for our 2 children and traded in our small Jeep we were outgrowing. It handles very nicely and the best feature has to be the built in child seats. Love that! The only problem so far is we had to have the steering system replaced because it was shot. Something we were not anticipating - luckily it was all covered in the warranty. I'd just advise that you buy any warranty they offer. We did not purchase an extended warranty. Now I wish we had. Hopefully there will be no more problems with it. Otherwise we will be trading it in.

Built in car seats, flashers when side doors are open for safety, CD player, lots of cup holders, quiet ride, comfortable.

Needs a middle console in the front for storage, better gas mileage, more horsepower.

great van
By nicholas dimarzo

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great van. I like the looks of it, the interior of it. The handling is great. It's very comfortable. It has plenty of power, the stow and go seats are great.

Everything, heated seats, sirius radio, navigation system, rear seat video especially the sound of the video system. comfortable great handling great car . this is my third chrysler van

more impressive grille