2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Aiming for 400,000 miles
By sdrkgideon on 08/11/14 16:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been awesome. I have 300,000 miles on it and am aiming for 400,000. I have only had to replace the fuel pump and water pump and that was only in the last 100,000 miles. Only on the 2nd battery and of course with those miles a couple of sets of tires. Drives like the day I got it. I can't say enough about how awesome and reliable it has been. For a van I am also happy with the 22mpg I get.

Bought used
By cstace on 05/12/14 09:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm still in 'pick-up withdrawal.' Bought to replace my pick-up. For the most part, quite OK; like my pkup with a cap. However am reluctant to get inside 'dirty.' Turning radius is excellent and drive is smooth. Had a couple of problems, sorta expected with 7 yr old car and 96K, but local dealership is very good and restored to top running condition. Am preparing for a 4K trip out West with two other couples. Luggage travel box on top rails, etc. Will decide if it is as good as I think.

Lots of issues
By cddc on 02/01/14 13:33 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Limited 2006 Town and Country has a lot of problems that any buyer needs to know about. 1. To start, the mileage is REAL BAD. I mean REAL REAL bad. We currently are getting around 14.5 MPG for city driving with the 3.8. That is a deal breaker for most. 2. You may think that the seats are real leather on the Limited, but the leather is FAKE plastic leather. If you want the real leather you need to get a Honda EX-L or some other van. These OEM fake leather seats SUCK and look cheap. And you are basically paying for leather with the high price they charge on a used car! Use this fact as a big bargaining chip! Real leather installation would cost $3000+ for all the seats …

220K miles of good times
By hmacks on 10/01/13 18:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.8L is awesome. We've gone through three set of tires, a new radiator (did it myself) a cooling fan, and 4 sets of brakes plus a set of belts. The car drives like the day we bought it. AC IC cold, stow and go is great. One of the automatic side doors stopped working but no big deal. Countless trips of +2500 miles with confidence. Cannot ask more from a vehicle except making it to 300k miles. Most comfortable best riding vehicle I'v ever owned . Tows our big boat well

Perfect for a family of 6
By esasllc on 02/17/13 21:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My girlfriend and I have a total of 4 children together and needed a vehicle that could safely haul them around especially on long trips. I am an auto mechanic so I took my time researching and checking out several different brands. I found our 06 T & C at a Chrysler dealer with 58K miles. My girlfriend loves the power doors and rear hatch and with multiple DVD players we had installed, it is perfect. The Stow & Go works well for food, cases of soda and loads of DVDs and plenty of room in the rear for 2 strollers and luggage. The only problem we have had was the left sliding door stopped working. I made the repair in about 45 minutes and it has been working ever since.

2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited
By vehicules2012 on 11/18/12 22:54 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have in the past 10 years 2 Dodge Caravan and 2 Chrysler Town and Country Limited the firts one was a 1993 Dodge Caravan had that van for several year with no problem at all except for a new battery one time, them I replace that one for a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan with 117K sell the van with over 200K and I only replace the alternator one time, new battery, tires and brake. Then I get a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country with 70K I replace the power steering pump, that is a problem with this van, new battery and brakes. Now I have a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country and the only problem I have is the power steering pump again. I thing the van are excellent, There are not a perfect vehicule,

worst i have ever owned!
By minotrice on 06/04/12 05:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

at 42,000 miles and 15 allinments no shop could get the front end correct and the van would eat a full set of tires every 10,000 miles, and the van would lose a 1qt of oil every 3000 miles and crysler repose was thats normal no repair needed just check the oil once a week. the power seat base was replaced 2 times due to broken motors, the plastic intior would break, once spot it broke made a sharp stop that cut seat belt, at 30,000 miles had to replace shocks ans struts, the rear power door motor started to work every now and then, so i finnaly got ride of it and will never own anther chrysler product

Not as good as the '08-'12
By hamptonvan on 04/23/12 11:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

less power than the 4.0L, but smoother delivery than the new 3.6L-i still like th 4.0L best. this vehicle does serve its purpose - the rear dvd is essential with a car full of kids on a long trip. the gas mileage isn't horrible -I average 19.5. I do like the (faux) wood trim, and the soft leather accents on the seats is a nice. tranny is smooth, shifts well. I do like the styling of this version from the front better than the newer models. the bads - all of the power door motors are LOUD, they work fine....the nav system is horrible - no touch screen, rotor dial for all intput. no rear button for tailgate. much less cupholder/usable storage space-in the end-the '08and up solved all this

06 Mini Van
By robert3199 on 10/08/11 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van new and have had very little problems, it has been very dependable, and comfortable vehicle. I am slightly disappointed in the mileage 21 hwy, this is with correct air pressure in the tires, and new air filter. Coming from an suv I was just hoping for better. At the time of this review it is 6 years old with 78k miles, and the only problems have been a window regulator, and egr valve. I would not hesitate to recommend this vehicle to a friend. Wish I had got the stow and go seating. Gave it an avg fun to drive, it is a mini van, and value on all new vehicles is a joke.

Beware of power steering problems !
By utgrad92 on 02/24/11 19:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Search the Internet for town and country power steering and you will see that you WILL be replacing the rack and pinion, as well as pump. The next time you hear a whine when turning the shell, get your wallet out. There should be a recall on these there are so many complaints.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.