Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Problem and more problems
By Lindsey Hass

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had dangerous break problems in winter. The car won't stop. We have taken the car in several times and they say there fine no problems. Eletrical keeps failing which includes the headlights, overhead lights, window motors, pasanger sliding door, assist parking, and plug ins along with sensors. The power steering has been replaced twice. The alternator has failed. The check engine light keeps coming on and no one knows why. Don't forget it will just fail in the middle of driving and can not find the problem. The van will burn oil as well. Bought the van from a dealer and everything was supposed to work. The dealer covered up the fact the van did not have real leather as the seats were cracked and covered up. The van started to rust in year three. Had to cover that up as well. Could not find regular car seats to fit in the car. I had to buy 500 (each) car seats to fit for the kids. There is no room in the back for their legs with small kids.

Aiming for 400,000 miles
By sdrkgideon

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been awesome. I have 300,000 miles on it and am aiming for 400,000. I have only had to replace the fuel pump and water pump and that was only in the last 100,000 miles. Only on the 2nd battery and of course with those miles a couple of sets of tires. Drives like the day I got it. I can't say enough about how awesome and reliable it has been. For a van I am also happy with the 22mpg I get.

Love the stow & go seats. Very handy

Bought used
By cstace

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm still in 'pick-up withdrawal.' Bought to replace my pick-up. For the most part, quite OK; like my pkup with a cap. However am reluctant to get inside 'dirty.' Turning radius is excellent and drive is smooth. Had a couple of problems, sorta expected with 7 yr old car and 96K, but local dealership is very good and restored to top running condition. Am preparing for a 4K trip out West with two other couples. Luggage travel box on top rails, etc. Will decide if it is as good as I think.

Turn radius; quiet motor; decent mileage. Love our interior taupe and cream colors.

Most of my suggestions are already implemented in newer models.

Lots of issues
By cddc

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Limited 2006 Town and Country has a lot of problems that any buyer needs to know about. 1. To start, the mileage is REAL BAD. I mean REAL REAL bad. We currently are getting around 14.5 MPG for city driving with the 3.8. That is a deal breaker for most. 2. You may think that the seats are real leather on the Limited, but the leather is FAKE plastic leather. If you want the real leather you need to get a Honda EX-L or some other van. These OEM fake leather seats SUCK and look cheap. And you are basically paying for leather with the high price they charge on a used car! Use this fact as a big bargaining chip! Real leather installation would cost $3000+ for all the seats …

in this car. 3. When you fold the seats down, the metal fasteners are exposed on the floor and will KILL your feet or knees if you stand or kneel on them. We put plywood on the floor for trips. This is another bad design. 4. The electrical system on the Limited is a total nightmare. Many times we go out to start the car and it won't start due to electrical lighting issues and shorts. This is another deal breaker. 5. We have the automatic headlights on our van. They have a LOT of issues coming on and off. Very buggy. 6. The center console is way to small and has no cup holders. Basically it takes up a lot of space. Many just take it out. 7. With all the bells and whistles on…

this Limited edition, there is no jack for a iPod. This is crazy. 8. We now have window seal noise issues on the passenger window after the dealer replaced the window motor. 9. The door locks suck. If you have standard slave keys for others, they can only unlock the car doors from the driver side door, since it has the only key lock. You need the full remote control on the Limited edition to unlock doors without going to the driver side. This is a pain, since our kids have just standard slave chipped keys on their key chains, not the HUGE remote key. 10. Chrysler dealers TOTALLY suck. The last time we took the car in they scratched the fender badly parking it. They did a very..

220K miles of good times
By hmacks

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.8L is awesome. We've gone through three set of tires, a new radiator (did it myself) a cooling fan, and 4 sets of brakes plus a set of belts. The car drives like the day we bought it. AC IC cold, stow and go is great. One of the automatic side doors stopped working but no big deal. Countless trips of +2500 miles with confidence. Cannot ask more from a vehicle except making it to 300k miles. Most comfortable best riding vehicle I'v ever owned . Tows our big boat well

Stow and Go, comfort seats, great handling, acceptable gas mileage, reliable!

Keep making an american classic!

• SUV