Used 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 256 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Angry- Broke and without a ride!
By brileycookie

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van brand new.we have owned many chrylers in the past all of them used. This was the first new vehicle purchased.We paid off our financing 1 year ago, the body has rusted trough on both doors and is popping up other spots, the left side door wont open and neither does the back hatch. It starting losing power gradually, we took it back to the dealer and after 4 days they said we have to replace the commputer.1000.00. We will never buy another chrysler product again and most definitly will let everyone else know this!

It is roomy and worked well for hauling teenagers around.

Decent van, Nice features, OK reliability
By pll455

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought
this van at 47K, put 20K on it. (had a '98 T&C LXI w/AWD.) The '05 is nice, but AWD was better than traction control. Van has held up fairly well, but a LOT of small items set off the CHECK ENGINE light. All pwr equipment still works. We HAVE had issues: EGR valve, ABS sensors, the famous power steering whine (replaced belt, PS pump, still occurs.) Also replaced tensioner & noisy idler pulley to resolve belt slip in wet conditions, plus the inevitable brake pads/rotors. The 3.8L is powerful, but front wheels can spin easily in the rain. 6-disc DVD system is handy, but sound quality is poor compared to the Infinity system in the LXI. Gets good MPG for a van. Overall a decent car.

- 3.8L engine has enough torque to move the van well - Overall - car feels solid - Power equipment seems reliable so far - DVD system has held up well - Stow & Go is handy, as is storage beneath floor - Plenty of room for whole family, luggage & summer vacation stuff - Solid, predictable handling & braking

- Too many hard plastic surfaces inside. - Check Engine light easily triggered - no All Wheel Drive that year - Paid for extended warranty from Chrysler (to 70K mi.) but never received any acknowledgement from them; they sent the sales pitch for Sirius radio right away, though. Power steering noise should be a recall, it happens on so many vehicles EGR valve Driver seat is power, passenger seat isn't?? NOTE: Save yourself from headaches: use synthetic or synthetic blend oils, also change your transmission fluid & filter more often than the owner's manual recommends!!

Great Vehicle!
By happy2cu

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an 05 T&C with 24000 miles on it 4 years ago.
I did not pay for a luxury vehicle, but felt I got an exceptional value for the money.
It has been very comfortable to drive and very reliable.
It now has 44,000 miles and I am still very happy with the handling, maintence, comfort and gas mileage.
Love the stow and go!

I have a bad back and the seats are soooo comfortable. I do use a back support in the seat but that is just me. Many of my riders comment on what a nice ride this vehicle gives.

There is one annoyace I believe they would be able to work on. I find myself with too many "blind spots" and my husband says that the mirrors are bad on Chrysler products. We fixed that by putting on the little round ones in the lower corner and I feel I am no longer a threat to other traffic.

Pretty But Loses It's Luster
By ohiostate688

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Town and Country Limited 1 year and 7 months ago. I think it is one of the nicest looking minivans around. The front captain chairs, wood and silver trim, stow and go system, and power doors are really nice features. But the power doors and tailgate do not work all the time. Navigation system failed, button lights have gone out, rear seats are uncomfortable, and some materials feel very cheap. Also, the chrome on the outside of the vehicle has started to peel off. The worst thing, I think is the accelerator. When it is pressed down, it will not accelerate the
car until several seconds after. Good-looking but very annoying.

Front seats, outside appearence, Stow and Go feature

Power doors and tailgate, better materials and quality

Pretty vehicle Poor reliability
By lance

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Very functional vehicle, with power doors and liftgate, DVD entertainment, stow and go, etc.. The problem I had was with the Transmission. New remanufactured tranny was put in by the dealer under warranty at 67K. Small fluid leak afterward that was fixed at no cost. The front end makes a rattling noise when going over small bumps suspect there is something loose. In 90K miles I have avg. 20.6 MPG since new! Side of seat drink holders broke within a month of new. Not kid proof and somewhat flimsy. Same for the wireless headsets. Overall I would give the vehicle a 6, would have been an 8.5 minus the tranny and accessory problems.

power doors and lift gate and avg. 20.6 MPG over 90K miles

Transmission reliability. The mechanic who did the work told me my problem was very common.