2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
My Second T&C Limited
By bowlermilton on 12/30/12 20:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2005 T&C Limited after owning a 2001 since is was new (retired it after 145,670 miles). I purchased another one because I so enjoyed the use I received from the 2001 model. I like the new and improved features on the 05, especially the stow and go seats (no more lugging 35 lbs plus seats out of the van). This is the best part of the 05 for me.. I can drop the seats, load up and still know that after my haul, I do not have to return home to get the seats or worse, on a long trip, do without the seats. Mechanically, I do wish the transmission would react a little quicker (the 01 had the same issue). Lots of competition out there, but the Chrysler wins for me

Owned from new
By outtascope on 09/03/12 10:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the vehicle new. 70K+ miles later, it is the only vehicle I have ever owned that I feel is worth the money. The ONLY problems we have had with it are the EGR valve and brakes wearing out sooner than they should. Everything else works like new on. No electronic failures whatsoever. Starts runs and drives like a car with only 10k miles. Have driven across country twice with it, drive it daily and it is perfectly suited to both tasks.

2005 town & country Bad power steering pump
By justnow on 11/06/11 19:59 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought brand new in 2005, was hearing a lot of power steering noise in cold start and noise to driver front side suspension. Finally took it to dealer at 22673 miles for replacement of rack and pinion and power pump assembley unit. Started acting again and took to a different dealer with 25,228 miles, to put another rack and pinion and power steering pump with hose too. At 26,692 miles took it back to last dealer for same problem and was repaired under warranty. Noise finally stopped, and,started again. Hose burst at 30600 miles in 2010, and replaced at Pep Boys in El paso,Tx Hose tears at 21 months later,I remove it to find out that Pep Boys used a Smog hose instead of power steering.

Angry- Broke and without a ride!
By brileycookie on 08/08/11 06:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van brand new.we have owned many chrylers in the past all of them used. This was the first new vehicle purchased.We paid off our financing 1 year ago, the body has rusted trough on both doors and is popping up other spots, the left side door wont open and neither does the back hatch. It starting losing power gradually, we took it back to the dealer and after 4 days they said we have to replace the commputer.1000.00. We will never buy another chrysler product again and most definitly will let everyone else know this!

Decent van, Nice features, OK reliability
By pll455 on 03/02/11 13:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van at 47K, put 20K on it. (had a '98 T&C LXI w/AWD.) The '05 is nice, but AWD was better than traction control. Van has held up fairly well, but a LOT of small items set off the CHECK ENGINE light. All pwr equipment still works. We HAVE had issues: EGR valve, ABS sensors, the famous power steering whine (replaced belt, PS pump, still occurs.) Also replaced tensioner & noisy idler pulley to resolve belt slip in wet conditions, plus the inevitable brake pads/rotors. The 3.8L is powerful, but front wheels can spin easily in the rain. 6-disc DVD system is handy, but sound quality is poor compared to the Infinity system in the LXI. Gets good MPG for a van. Overall a decent car.

Great Vehicle!
By happy2cu on 01/30/11 08:18 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an 05 T&C with 24000 miles on it 4 years ago. I did not pay for a luxury vehicle, but felt I got an exceptional value for the money. It has been very comfortable to drive and very reliable. It now has 44,000 miles and I am still very happy with the handling, maintence, comfort and gas mileage. Love the stow and go!

Pretty But Loses It's Luster
By ohiostate688 on 01/13/11 14:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Town and Country Limited 1 year and 7 months ago. I think it is one of the nicest looking minivans around. The front captain chairs, wood and silver trim, stow and go system, and power doors are really nice features. But the power doors and tailgate do not work all the time. Navigation system failed, button lights have gone out, rear seats are uncomfortable, and some materials feel very cheap. Also, the chrome on the outside of the vehicle has started to peel off. The worst thing, I think is the accelerator. When it is pressed down, it will not accelerate the car until several seconds after. Good-looking but very annoying.

Pretty vehicle Poor reliability
By lance on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Very functional vehicle, with power doors and liftgate, DVD entertainment, stow and go, etc.. The problem I had was with the Transmission. New remanufactured tranny was put in by the dealer under warranty at 67K. Small fluid leak afterward that was fixed at no cost. The front end makes a rattling noise when going over small bumps suspect there is something loose. In 90K miles I have avg. 20.6 MPG since new! Side of seat drink holders broke within a month of new. Not kid proof and somewhat flimsy. Same for the wireless headsets. Overall I would give the vehicle a 6, would have been an 8.5 minus the tranny and accessory problems.

Great Van
By Marie Fiore on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this van specifically because of the fold down seats. I just couldn't remove seats from a van and I use this van for showing my dogs, so the seats are always being folded down and then opened. No problem the stow and go is the greatest idea. I also love driving this van and hope to buy a new one if I can save the money. Would recommend it to anyone. Also the automatic sliding side doors and lift gate are a life saver especially when carrying something and your hands are full (like a dog).

Generally a good van
By mickey on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it from its second owner with 78,000 miles on it. After one year ownership I put another 10,000 miles and have no problem at all.