Used 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Courier Vehicle 100000 miles in one year!
By Brandon

2005 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van for a delivery route with 130000 on it. Just let it go with 265000 on it. Front end was replaced and power steering pump reservoir (This by the way will fix the power steering pump whine.) AC never worked bad condesor, never fixed just lived without. Other than that the van has been very reliable nothing but oil changes and transmission services. Put 400 miles a night on this van. Loved the sirus radio for the long trips. Did seem to go through some brakes. Would by another in a second resale value makes a low mileage one of these a real value don't know much about the 2008 plus design.

Solid vehicle/versatility
By scott

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great Van
By Steve

2005 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is been a great van I expected as all of my caravans and Town & Country's to get close to 300,000 miles by using fully synthetic oil from day one

Best Minivan EVER
By ndchic77

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this minivan used with 118,000 miles on it. Nothing has ever gone with it mechanically. the only thing we have replaced is a power steering reservoir. It has always started even in ND winters without being plugged in. It now has 235,000 miles on it and still going strong. I think that if your looking for a vehicle that you can get your moneys worth out of this is the minivan for you.

I like the tow and go option. My son loves watching movies on the DVD player which came with wireless headset so he can watch his movie and I can still listen to the radio.

My Second T&C Limited
By bowlermilton

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2005 T&C Limited after owning a 2001 since is was new (retired it after 145,670 miles).
I purchased another one because I so enjoyed the use I received from the 2001 model.
I like the new and improved features on the 05, especially the stow and go seats (no more lugging 35 lbs plus seats out of the van).
This is the best part of the 05 for me.. I can drop the seats, load up and still know that after my haul, I do not have to return home to get the seats or worse, on a long trip, do without the seats.
Mechanically, I do wish the transmission would react a little quicker (the 01 had the same issue). Lots of competition out there, but the Chrysler wins for me

Automatic Doors and Liftgate, Stow and Go Seats, the ease of exit/entry into the vehicle. The ride is wonderful, comfortable and able to keep up with traffic even with loaded with gear and passengers

They corrected my choice for an improvement.. adding windows that roll down on the sliding doors.