Used 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Town-and-country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Best Minivan EVER
By ndchic77

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this minivan used with 118,000 miles on it. Nothing has ever gone with it mechanically. the only thing we have replaced is a power steering reservoir. It has always started even in ND winters without being plugged in. It now has 235,000 miles on it and still going strong. I think that if your looking for a vehicle that you can get your moneys worth out of this is the minivan for you.

Favorite Features

I like the tow and go option. My son loves watching movies on the DVD player which came with wireless headset so he can watch his movie and I can still listen to the radio.

My Second T&C Limited
By bowlermilton

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2005 T&C Limited after owning a 2001 since is was new (retired it after 145,670 miles). I purchased another one because I so enjoyed the use I received from the 2001 model. I like the new and improved features on the 05, especially the stow and go seats (no more lugging 35 lbs plus seats out of the van). This is the best part of the 05 for me.. I can drop the seats, load up and still know that after my haul, I do not have to return home to get the seats or worse, on a long trip, do without the seats. Mechanically, I do wish the transmission would react a little quicker (the 01 had the same issue). Lots of competition out there, but the Chrysler wins for me

Favorite Features

Automatic Doors and Liftgate, Stow and Go Seats, the ease of exit/entry into the vehicle. The ride is wonderful, comfortable and able to keep up with traffic even with loaded with gear and passengers

Suggested Improvements

They corrected my choice for an improvement.. adding windows that roll down on the sliding doors.

Owned from new
By outtascope

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the vehicle new. 70K+ miles later, it is the only vehicle I have ever owned that I feel is worth the money. The ONLY problems we have had with it are the EGR valve and brakes wearing out sooner than they should. Everything else works like new on. No electronic failures whatsoever. Starts runs and drives like a car with only 10k miles. Have driven across country twice with it, drive it daily and it is perfectly suited to both tasks.

Favorite Features

It drives well, handles well, feels much smaller than it is to drive and much larger than it is to ride in. The DVD system was great with the kids on long trips. Stow & Go system rocks, from transporting good from Home Depot to flipping the backseats over to sit and watch fireworks on the Fourth of July (now a tradition for us).

Suggested Improvements

The breaks could be beefed up a bit so they don't wear so quickly in stop and go driving. The only real complaint though? Could the engineers not have moved the alternator bracket 2mm so that you could change the EGR valve without taking off the alternator? Ug.

2005 town & country Bad power steering pump
By justnow

2005 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought brand new in 2005, was hearing a lot of power steering noise in cold start and noise to driver front side suspension. Finally took it to dealer at 22673 miles for replacement of rack and pinion and power pump assembley unit. Started acting again and took to a different dealer with 25,228 miles, to put another rack and pinion and power steering pump with hose too. At 26,692 miles took it back to last dealer for same problem and was repaired under warranty. Noise finally stopped, and,started again. Hose burst at 30600 miles in 2010, and replaced at Pep Boys in El paso,Tx Hose tears at 21 months later,I remove it to find out that Pep Boys used a Smog hose instead of power steering.

Favorite Features

Looks nice inside.

Suggested Improvements

Power Steering Pump

Angry- Broke and without a ride!
By brileycookie

2005 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van brand new.we have owned many chrylers in the past all of them used. This was the first new vehicle purchased.We paid off our financing 1 year ago, the body has rusted trough on both doors and is popping up other spots, the left side door wont open and neither does the back hatch. It starting losing power gradually, we took it back to the dealer and after 4 days they said we have to replace the commputer.1000.00. We will never buy another chrysler product again and most definitly will let everyone else know this!

Favorite Features

It is roomy and worked well for hauling teenagers around.