Never ceases to amaze me
By motonut1 on
2004 Chrysler Town and Country Touring Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
Excellent all around performer. You can use it as a week-end warrior and haul furniture or landscaping material since the seats are easily removed. Then put the seats back in, give her a quick wash and presto the van is ready to take you to the ball in luxurious style. Easy to work on if you are that type and very easy to drive even in tight parking lots. The climate control system is a no brainer in its operation as are all the electronic upgrades that separate this van from most. With a little more than 100,000 miles on her and still sporting all her original components which says a lot to me. This is a well made van that ca. take hard work and turn it into a piece of cake.
Favorite Features
There are so many options on this van and I wouldn't trade any of them for something else. Most of the options are safety related or to improve convienence. I was reluctant to believe that I would grow to love the power door openers and closers using them all the time Heated leather seats and 4 wheel ABS dics brakes are the berries in winter. The stereo has impressed me its clarity and fidelity. Which can only be accomplished by using quality components that have been painstakinly tested in depth by technicians that know what they are doing.. This vehicle if properly maintained will cause a bond of trust and loyalty to form and make other van owners very jealous.
Suggested Improvements
If I were able to make any changes I would probably start with the motor.I have the 3.8 V6 which is an old style puch rod motor that has fuel injection. In it's behalf I must admit that the motot is silky smooth and has not given me a lick of trouble. But it does lack power when compared to what other vans have. I would like to see Chrysler drop in their 3.7 V6 fom Dodge because its a powerhouse of a motor and is a contemporary design.