2003 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
mechanically unreliable
By rustinginvt on 12/28/04 10:20 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Chrysler T&C needed a new engine (3.3L) at 14000 mi.!!! It started making a knocking noise one day, the next it would not turn over. It spun a bearing on the number two cylinder. Now the ABS has stopped working and the part is still not in after three weeks. This morning, it barely turned over (sounded like it wasn't getting fuel),spitting and sputtering for about 15 seconds. Yes it was cold (about 5 degrees) but I had the engine block heater plugged in, my bro never had problems with his Toyotas. I bought this because the ride was the best (and still is for what it's worth) and because of the deep discount.

2003 Chrysler T&C Ltd
By mrslimpy on 12/22/04 21:01 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's been a great car. The kid's love it and won't let me get rid of it. The only thing that could be better are the '04 with the fold down seats.

Chrysler is Junk
By LUKSKYWALKER on 11/05/04 06:38 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

To manys times back to the repair shop for recalls and front end problems. Since I had it (for aprx 1 year i brought this van in over 12 times) to get warranty work done. Never again will I buy a Chrysler Product.

2003 T&C - Great to Own!!
By Kathryn Griffin on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Owning this van has changed my life! It is the most comfortable ride I have ever had. Many cars bounce and vibrate the passenger. This one floats across most roads, never sending shock waves to the passenger. It handles like a small car, but holds a multitude of items I need to carry as I travel. I love the automatic tailgate and side door openers, as well as the ease of altering the seats and console. The heated seats are wonderful in our NC winter climate! I can't think of anything that displeases me about this car, except I wish the horn had a nicer sound. I have also been extremely satisfied with the service department at our local dealer.

perfect minivan
By bgallehr on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The perfect minivan, couldn't be happier!

No troubles in 6k miles
By Matt S. on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Van is spacious and comfortable. Looked at Honda and GM before deciding on Chrysler. GM was way out-of-date and didn't like the "utilitarian" styling of Honda. Ride is good, power is adequate, though fuel economy has been poor. Sticker showed 18/25, but we haven't seen above 20 even on the highway. Of course, we're driving ~70mph and EPA rating is for 48mph!

run away
By mtjhiggs on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Never again. Dummy me bought every possible option (with a sticker of 40k) thinking that I would keep this car forever. 14 months later sold it for only 24.5k because I couldn't take it anymore. Power door modules replaced twice in first month. Never did fix the problem. Engine idled rough for first 20 minutes every morning (dealer found nothing wrong and Chrysler rep. said everything was normal-nothing we can do) Transmission started slipping at 5k miles. Lots of nice features but mechanically scary. Avg 10.5 mpg city and 16 mpg hwy. Went and bought 2004 GMC Yukon XL. Much much happier.

Town/Country Lxi AWD
By pmangc on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi AWD 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Little things seem to break down (horn, cruise control etc.) Nothing big yet that was not covered by warranty.

Town and Country Rules
By Wes Light on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Chrysler mini-van I have owned. This is an excellent all- around vehicle. Quiet, reliable, smooth, beats all imports hands down.

Some problems with this van
By TTTTTTTTTT on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My van is one year old and to date I have had to replace a transmission shifting sylinoid and the water pump. Delivered with primer only on the passenger door frame & without headliner clips. The courtesy lights on the interior switches do not illuminate on the town and country. This feature, from what I was told by the dealer, was deleted per Chrysler Engineering even though the switches on older models do light up. I have tried to get the power passenger doors adjusted but the dealer states that there is no adjustment allowed. The doors on my old Dodge Grand Caravan were much more quiet. 3.8 V-6 19.8 avg mpg no matter how I drive.