2003 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
My third chrysler mini van LOVIN' IT!!!
By Heather on 05/16/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

These are the best! We started with a Voyager in '89 and got another in 2000. This is our third and I will never by another make or model! I just love these with or without kids this is the way to go!

Get a new transmission and it'll be gr8
By Brent Dickinson on 04/20/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LXi Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

transmission is horrible. this has been the problem with my last three chryslers. Have had in shop numerous times for this and rack and pinion steering awful

Pretty darn Good!
By Pete on 03/19/06 18:10 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In over 25k mi we're had few probs; the van has been reliable and the dealer has been very attentive. At 17k mi, it needed new front brakes as the rt pads wore into the rotors (not a warranty repair of course). Our prev cars were all manuals, and though this A/T was better than Ford's, it isn't the fastest @ downshifting, even in 3 spd mode. The Honda A/T is fast! The seats, while not the disapearing type, do come out easily, though they're heavy & cumbersome.

don't buy a chrysler town and country
By rustinginvermont on 12/24/05 03:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had to replace the engine at 14,000 miles. Also, nuisance fails like, wheel speed sensor (same side twice), the turn signal won't shut off by itself. Now the engine is vibrating at any and all speeds including idle. It comes and goes without warning. When I tried to get a loaner from the dealership, he had six people ahead of me with transmission replacements, and guess what? They were all Dodge and Chrysler minivans!!!! I'm buying a Toyota. They are one of the only American made vehicles these days anyway.

03 T&C
By Freebird on 12/20/05 00:13 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this mini in Dec of 04 with 15,000 miles on it. 12 months later it has 49,000 miles on it. Routine maint. work, and a new set of tires. Great vehicle in town and on interstate.

MD
By xy on 12/15/05 00:27 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country LX Family Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 brand new Town & Country mini van on June 03. Now it has 37,000 miles. The window has drop inside the door once, both front brakes were broken on highway this summer, two front tires have to replace today, the power steering cooler and hose were broken today too. What kind of car do you guys make? Could you learn something from the Japanese?

Nice but crummy city mileage
By P. Mcgraw on 08/20/05 08:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my T/C in 3/03 and am very satisfied with it. However, city mileage leaves much to be desired. My old Buick Roadmaster wagon got 10 mpg in city. The T/C barely gets 12 mpg. Not good when gas is nearly $3 a gallon! Most of my driving is in city. Highway mileage not bad though...about 24 or so, 26 if you're easy on the gas. Overall, not a bad vehicle if you're willing to put up with less than stellar fuel economy.

transmission, power steering, what next?
By N Bruce on 05/01/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 03 T&C Limited Minivan has been a major disappointment. With 40K miles, transmission needed rebuilding, power steering system entirely replaced. Now a water leak in front passenger seat has ruined carpet. I will never buy another Chrysler vehicle. Should have bought the Honda/Toyota. No wonder Chrysler's in trouble. Don't buy one!!

The best luxury minivan available
By TMmerlin on 01/19/05 08:56 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable van on the road. It has fantastic road handling and is very responsive to drive. I have had absolutely no issues with quality and maintenance.

Transmission problems
By chryslerjunk on 01/18/05 01:56 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

For those of you who think your Chrysler mini-van is so wonderful, let the buyer beware. I have owned a T&C Limited ($38,000 MSRP) that only has 30,000 miles and 22 months on the road. Here's a list of repairs to date: Tranmission repair (<6000 miles), Fuel injection repair, power lift gate repair, power steering recall, A/C leak, and now at 30,000 miles the tranmission is being rebuilt. All covered by the warranty, but who wants to buy a new car and have these major repair issues. Never again will I buy a Chrysler product. Probably trade it in and write off the experience (not to mention the $16,000 depreciation in value for a mini-van) to bad judgement.